As per the orders of the Hon'ble Supreme Court of India, Uttar Pradesh Prohibition of Ragging in Educational Institutions Act, 2010 and UGC Regulations and Guidelines, Galgotias University has instituted stringent anti-ragging measures to root out ragging in all its forms and has made provisions for strict punishments to defaulters.
Anti-Ragging Committee, Anti-Ragging Squad and Mentor cell have been constituted at Galgotias University which comprises of :
- Chief Proctor
- Faculty members
- Staff member
- Representatives of civil and police administration
- Local media person
- Representative of NGO
- Representatives of parents and students
Punishment for Participation in/Or abetment of ragging
Galgotias University - Anti Ragging Policy.pdf
- Cancellation of admission.
- Suspension from attending classes.
- Withholding/withdrawing scholarship/fellowship and other benefits.
- Debarring from appearing in any test/examination or other evaluation process.
- Withholding results.
- Debarring from representing the University in any national or international meet, tournament, youth festival, etc.
- Suspension/expulsion from the hostel.
- Rustication from the University for periods varying from 1 to 4 semesters or equivalent period.
- Expulsion from the University and consequent debarring from admission to any other institution.
- Fine upto Rs.1,00,000/-
Students can inform any incident of ragging to any of the following members of the anti- ragging squad.
Squad Members List