Pre & Post Arrival Information for International Students
Pre-Arrival Information for International Students
International Students should make sure about the following points before leaving their home country
- Galgotias University is just an hour drive from Delhi International Airport and you need to book your ticket to Delhi International Airport after taking a Valid Student Visa from Indian Embassy / High Commission
- Make sure that you have taken all the required vaccinations like Yellow Fever, Typhoid Vaccine, Hepatitis Vaccine, etc. to avoid medical complications while you are india
- Make sure that Galgotias University International Relations Office is well informed about the Airport pickup at least 72 hours before arrival and provide the complete details of the flight. Golgotha’s University will provide the cab facility However the transportation charge has to be paid by the student
- Make sure you have read and understood carefully your admission letter before travelling to India
- You must bring the Admission Letter issued by the University along with all the Educational Certificates/Degrees, transcripts and essential documents as prescribed in the admission letter.
- You can carry all your money in the form of cash as per the govt policies or can carry International Debit / Credit Card
- Temperature in India ranges between 30 to 45 degree Celsius during summers and 5 to 25 degree Celsius during winters. Here the winter season starts around November so the warm material (blankets, quilts, woollens, etc.) must be brought accordingly.
- While everything is available in India, however, try to get all that you would require during the initial few days. All the essentials can be availed from the University tuck shops as well as markets available around a range of 10 km from University
- The electric standard in India works on 240 V. So, ensure that you have an adapter for your mobile or laptop if it operates on a different voltage in your country. Also, the electric sockets are 2 or 3 pins so ensure that you carry a converter in case required.
- If interested in staying with university hostel or recognized hostels kindly send us perquisite for the same through the mail with booking amount at the time of confirming the admission. Allotment of rooms is purely on the first come first serve basis.
- For detailed information of Admission Fee, Tuition fee and hostel charges along with payment process and its guidelines in regards to the registration process at the time of Reporting, kindly follow the admission letter
Post-Arrival Information for International Students
- After reaching Delhi International Airport, University arranged Airport Pickup will be ready for Students who have shared their flight details with International Relations Office and have booked university hostel
- The student will report immediately the same day or next day during the working hours in the International Relations Office (IRO) along with all the required documents and interact with the reporting officer
- The documents will be checked and verified by the International relations office staff. Students will fill the registration form and submit the required documents after reading them carefully to get registered in the respective programs, Registration and Student verification process may take 2 to 3 working days
- During the Registration Process, IRO Ensures that student has been provided all the essential information about the IRO roles and responsibilities with university rules and regulations in regards to the student support and create better understanding with the students.
- After the verification and registration process done by IRO office, students are issued with a unique admission no with the payment proof and they are guided to report to their program coordinators in their school for further formalities to be done like online or offline registration, time table, allotment of classrooms and syllabus.
- It is mandatory for all international students except those from Nepal and Bhutan to get their Student Visa registered online at Nearest FRRO office within 14 days of arrival in India. University IRO will guide and assist Student with all the required processes during the registration
- The student has to report International Relations (IRO) for submitting the Medical Check-up certificate and also can get the information about Medical Insurance Card, Bank account, Local sim Card.
- Students joining the university after the prescribed period may be denied admission
- It is the prime responsibility of the student to visit the International Relations Department in time to complete the required documentation so that no fine is levied against him/her.
- A student has to make sure that from his school department that his all formalities have been processed and his name is visible on the attendance register and student portal, in case of the student is facing any issue to cope with any activity, he or she needs to immediately inform international relations office