Merit Scholarship for B.Tech Lateral Entry Students
The management of Galgotias University announces merit-based scholarships to the students of university polytechnic in the academic year 2023-24
- All the meritorious students of the University Polytechnic who are desirous to take admission in the B.Tech. programs of the University under the lateral entry scheme (in the 2 nd year) are eligible for the merit scholarships, subjected to the following conditions:
- This scholarship is applicable to the University Polytechnic students of Galgotias University only
- The applicant (student) must have secured a CGPA of 6.0 or more in their diploma; A merit scholarship of 10% on applicable tuition fees of the B.Tech. program will be provided.
- Further, if a student secures a CGPA of 6.0 or more (without back papers) in the subsequent years of B.Tech. program (3rd and 4th year) a merit scholarship of 10% on the applicable tuition fees.
Merit Scholarship at the time of Admission
The University offers scholarships to the meritorious candidates based on her/his academic performance in examinations prescribed by the University, viz 10+2 or Graduation, Rank/Score in All India/State Level Entrance/ Aptitude Test and candidates possessing exemplary skills in sports, performing arts or literary skills.
Grant of Admission Merit-Scholarship
The scholarships to be awarded will be announced through Admission Notifications that are issued to the public at various times during the year.
Amount of Scholarship
- 100% tuition fee waiver to the toppers of all the Board/University.
- 50% tuition fee waiver as scholarship for students securing up to 4000th rank in the JEE Examination.
- 25% tuition fee waiver as scholarship for students securing 93% aggregate/PCM and above in class 12 or 80% marks or above in graduation.
- 20% tuition fee waiver as scholarship for students securing minimum 60%ile in CAT or above 600 marks in MAT.
- 20% tuition fee waiver as scholarship for meritorious LSAT qualified students.
- 5% Scholarship on tuition fee for students admitted through CUET (Common University Entrance Test).
Sports Quota Scholarship
Under Galgotias University Sports quota, candidates can secure admission at Galgotias University in two ways:
Direct Admission without Sports Trials Admission with Sports Trials
Eligibility Criteria for Sports Quota Candidates
BRILLIANT STUDENTS WHO RECEIVED SCHOLARSHIPS
Financial Aid For Serving/ Retired Defence/ CRPF/ Paramilitary/ Police Personnel And Their Dependents
FINANCIAL AID FOR SERVING, RETIRED DEFENCE,CAPF, PARA- MILITARY, POLICE PERSONNEL AND THEIR DEPENDENTS with Annexure
Continuation of On Admission Merit-Scholarship
A student will be eligible to continue the scholarship granted at the time of admission for the next year, if he/she is able to maintain a CGPA of 8.0 or above and has no backlog of carry over papers at the end of previous year.
Procedure for Grant of Scholarship
The scholarships will be automatically granted on admission or Continued on declaration of the results by the Controller of Examinations provided the student meets the continuation requirements.
Discontinuation of Merit-Scholarship
The scholarship shall be discontinued at any time during a programme, from the date as directed by the Vice Chancellor, under the following conditions
The student is not able to meet the Academic performance as prescribed in clause (iii).
The student is unable to pass all the examinations in the first attempt in the normal examination scheduled for his/her programme. The student has engaged in unfair means in examinations or has been debarred from appearing in the examinations.
If the HOD/Dean reports that the student has engaged in misconduct, misbehavior, gross indiscipline, ragging, use of drugs or narcotics and the charges have been established.
Scholarship once discontinued will be restored, when the student has raised his/her CGPA to 8.0 or above and has cleared all back papers.
MERIT-SCHOLARSHIPS FOR HIGH PERFORMERS
To encourage students to achieve higher performance during their studies in an academic programme, the University has instituted Merit scholarships to recognize their academic achievements.
These scholarships will be awarded every year to second, third and fourth year students after the declaration of the results of winter semester of the previous year. This scholarship will be for a period of one year duration.
At the end of each academic year, a merit list consisting of the first second and third rankers in each batch and programme of study will be prepared on the basis of CGPA for consideration for merit scholarships.
To receive favourable consideration for any merit scholarship, the student should have passed all the examinations in the first attempt. The number of Merit Scholarships will be determined as follows.
|Total number of students appearing in the semester/year end examinations in a batch for the programme
||Maximum No. of Merit Scholarships
Amount of Scholarship
The amount of Merit Scholarship during the programme will be equal to 30% of the tuition fee payable by the student in the subsequent year and will be rounded off to next multiple of Rs.100/-
Procedure for Grant of Scholarship
The Merit scholarship will be granted for the subsequent year of study and will be adjusted in the next installment of fees to be paid.
Discontinuation of Merit Scholarship
The scholarship shall be discontinued at any time during a programme, with effect from the date as approved by the Vice Chancellor, under the following conditions:
The student has been found to engage in unfair practices in examinations or has been debarred from appearing in the examinations for any valid reason.