Dr. Vivek Kumar Yadav is currently working as Assistant Professor in the School of Biologicals and Life Sciences. He joined Galgotias University in May 2022 and previously served as a Postdoc fellow at the Department of Microbiology PGIMER Chandigarh in collaboration with Wellcome-Trust and Sanger Institute UK. Dr. Yadav's research interests span various fields, including Biotechnology, Molecular Biology, Microbiology, Immunology, Platelet Biology, Neutrophil Biology, and Cell Signalling. He possesses expertise in techniques such as flow cytometry, fluorescent microscopy, gene expression analysis, Western blotting, and molecular docking. He demonstrates a strong work ethic and excels in fast-paced, time-sensitive environments. Dr. Yadav is an active member of renowned scientific societies, including the Indian Immunological Society (IIS), The Korean Association of Immunologist (KAI), The Association of Cell Biology and Differentiation, and the International Society for Infectious Diseases (ISID). He has received training from prestigious organizations and has published over 15 research/review articles in reputable journals. Additionally, he has presented his research at various national and international conferences in India and abroad.
- 1 year teaching Experience
- 7.5 years Research Experience
- D. Biotechnology
- Tech. Biotechnology
- Tech Biotechnology.
Area of Interest
- Cell Biology and Immunology
- Calcium signalling, Cell activation, and death signalling pathways
- Quorum sensing, and Biofilm.
- Host-Pathogen Interaction
- Platelet Biology: Calcium signalling and Apoptosis, Platelet-immune cell interaction, Platelet-bacterial interaction.
- Neutrophil Biology: Neutrophil phagocytosis studies, Neutrophil extracellular traps (NETosis)
Award & Recognition
- International Travel grant award from the Korean Association of Immunologists, Seoul, South Korea-2017.
- Agriculture Scientist Recruitment Board National Eligibility Test (NET)-2016
- Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE)-2013,2014,2015,
He has Published more than 15 Papers Research papers in various National, international reputed SCI/SCI-E/SCOPUS and peer-reviewed journals and also presented in several National and International conferences.
List of Publications
- Kaur H, Kalia M, Chaudhary N, Singh V, Yadav VK, Modgil V, Kant V, Mohan B, Bhatia A, Taneja N. Repurposing of FDA approved drugs against uropathogenic Escherichia coli: In silico, in vitro, and in vivo analysis. Microbial Pathogenesis. 2022 Jun 30:105665. [IF- 3.84]
- Modgil V, Narayan C, Kaur H, Yadav VK, Chaudhary N, Kant V, Mohan B, Bhatia A, Taneja N. Analysis of the virulence and inflammatory markers elicited by Enteroaggregative Escherichia coli isolated from clinical and non-clinical sources in an experimental infection model, India. Microbiology Research. 2022 Nov 4;13(4):882-97.
- Yadav VK, Singh PK, Sharma D, Pandey H, Singh SK, Agarwal V. Autoinducer N-(3-oxododecanoyl)-l-homoserine lactone induces calcium and reactive oxygen species-mediated mitochondrial damage and apoptosis in blood platelets. Microbial Pathogenesis. 2021 May 1; 154:104792. [IF- 3.84]
- Yadav VK, Singh PK, Sharma D, Singh SK, Agarwal V. Mechanism underlying N-(3-oxo-dodecanoyl)-L-homoserine lactone mediated intracellular calcium mobilization in human platelets. Blood Cells, Molecules, and Diseases. 2019 May; 79:102340. [IF-3.039]
- Yadav VK, Singh PK, Kalia M, Sharma D, Singh SK, Agarwal V. Pseudomonas aeruginosa quorum-sensing molecule N-3-oxo-dodecanoyl-l-homoserine lactone activates human platelets through intracellular calcium-mediated ROS generation. International Journal of Medical Microbiology. 2018 October 1;308(7):858-64. [IF-3.65]
- Yadav VK, Singh PK, Singh SK, Agarwal V. Crosstalk between Platelet and Bacteria: A Therapeutic Prospect. Current Pharmaceutical Design. 2019. [IF-3.31]
- Singh PK, Yadav VK*, Kalia M, Sharma D, Pandey D, Agarwal V. Pseudomonas aeruginosa quorum-sensing molecule N-(3-oxo-dodecanoyl)-l-homoserine lactone triggers mitochondrial dysfunction and Apoptosis in neutrophils through calcium signaling. Medical microbiology and Immunology. 2019 Aug 3:1-4 (*Shared first author). [IF-4.14]
- Taneja N, Tiewsoh JB, Gupta S, Mohan B, Verma R, Shankar P, Narayan C, Yadav VK, Jayashree M, Singh S. Antimicrobial resistance in Shigella species: Our five years (2015–2019) experience in a tertiary care center in north India. Indian Journal of Medical Microbiology. 2021 June 18. [IF-1.34]
- Kalia M, Yadav VK, Singh PK, Dohare S, Sharma D, Narvi SS, Agarwal V. Designing quorum sensing inhibitors of Pseudomonas aeruginosa utilizing FabI: an enzymic drug target from fatty acid synthesis pathway. 3 Biotech. 2019 Feb 1;9(2):40. [IF-2.89]
- Kalia M, Yadav VK, Singh PK, Sharma D, Narvi SS, Agarwal V. Exploring the impact of parthenolide as anti-quorum sensing and anti-biofilm agent against Pseudomonas aeruginosa. Life sciences. 2018 Apr 15; 199:96-103. [IF-6.78]
- Singh PK, Yadav VK, Kalia M, Dohare S, Sharma D, Agarwal V. Pseudomonas aeruginosa auto inducer3-oxo-C12-HSL exerts bacteriostatic effect and inhibits Staphylococcus epidermidis biofilm. Microbial pathogenesis. 2017 Sep 1; 110:612-9. [IF- 3.84]
- Kalia M, Singh PK, Yadav VK, Yadav BS, Sharma D, Narvi SS, Mani A, Agarwal V. Structure-based virtual screening for identification of potential quorum sensing inhibitors against LasR master regulator in Pseudomonas aeruginosa. Microbial pathogenesis. 2017 Jun 1; 107:136- 43. [IF- 3.84]
- Kalia M, Yadav VK, Singh PK, Sharma D, Pandey H, Narvi SS, Agarwal V. Effect of cinnamon oil on quorum sensing-controlled virulence factors and biofilm formation in Pseudomonas aeruginosa. PLoS One. 2015 Aug 11;10(8):e0135495. [IF- 3.75]
- Srivastav P, Yadav VK, Govindasamy S, Chandrasekaran M. Red pigment production by Monascus purpureus using sweet potato-based medium in submerged fermentation. Nutrafoods. 2015 Sep 1;14(3):159-6
"Bacterial Biofilms and Host Immune Response," Pradeep Kumar Singh, Vivek Kumar Yadav, Deepmala Sharma, Vishnu Agarwal, and Vandan Nagar: Book: Microbial Biofilms: Current Research and Practical Implications, Publisher: Caister Academic Press, U.K. (2020) Pages: 195-216. https://doi.org/10.21775/9781912530328.05
- Yadav, V.K., Singh, P. K., Kalia, M., Siddiqui S.M., Agarwal V., Platelet-rich plasma influence the quorum sensing regulated virulence of Pseudomonas aeruginosa. International Conference on Innovation and Translational Dimensions: Food Health and Environmental Biotechnology, 09-11 March 2018. MNNIT India.
- Yadav, V.K., Singh, P. K., Kalia, M., Singh S.K Agarwal V., Role of blood platelets in Host defense against planktonic and biofilm form of S. epidermidis by enhancing phagocytic activity of Neutrophils. KAI International meeting (Korean association of immunologists) 08-10 November 2017, Sejong University Convention Center, Seoul, Korea.
- Yadav, V.K., Kalia, M., Singh, P. K., Singh S.K Agarwal V., Ligand-Based Virtual Screening and Inductive Learning For Identification Of P2y12 Receptor Inhibitors In Natural Products for Anti-Platelet Anti Thrombotic Therapy. 1st Italian-UK Platelet Meeting University of Bath, 7–8 September 2017
- Dohare S., Kalia, M., Singh, P. K., Yadav, V.K., Agarwal V., Interaction studies between Pseudomonas aeruginosa and S. epidermidis in planktonic and biofilm form. International Conference on Translational Biotechnology, Biosangam 2016, 4-6th February 2016, MNNIT, India.
- Yadav, V.K., Singh, P. K., Kalia, M., Singh S.K., Dohare S., Srivastava S. K., Chaturvedi S., Agarwal V., Dispersal of S. epidermidis biofilm by Platelet Rich Plasma. International Conference on Translational Biotechnology, Biosangam 2016, 4-6th February 2016, MNNIT, India.
- Kalia, M., Yadav, V.K., Singh, P. K., Dohare S., Narvi S. S., Agarwal, V. Inhibition of quorum sensing controlled virulence phenotypes in Pseudomonas aeruginosa PAO1 using eucalyptus oil, 1st International Symposium on Quorum Sensing Inhibition and Satellite Meeting on Novel Anti-Fouling Strategies, 3-5 June 2015, USC,Spain
- Yadav, V.K., Singh, P. K., Kalia, M., Siddiqui S.M., Agarwal V., Platelet-rich plasma influence the quorum sensing regulated virulence of Pseudomonas aeruginosa. International Conference on Innovation and Translational Dimensions: Food Health and Environmental Biotechnology March 09-11, 2018, MNNIT Allahabad India.
- Yadav, V.K., Singh, P. K., Kalia, M., Singh S.K Agarwal V., Role of blood platelets in Host defense against planktonic and biofilm form of S. epidermidis by enhancing phagocytic activity of Neutrophils. KAI International meeting (Korean association of immunologists), November 08-10, 2017, Sejong University Convention Center, Seoul, South Korea
- Yadav, V.K., Singh, P. K., Kalia, M., Singh S.K., Dohare S., Srivastava S. K., Chaturvedi S., Agarwal V., Dispersal of S. epidermidis biofilm by Platelet Rich Plasma. International Conference on Translational Biotechnology (BIOSANGAM-2016) February, 4-6th 2016, MNNIT Allahabad, India.
- SPARC-INDO-US Immunology Workshop Jointly organized by IIT Ropar, India, and The George Washington University USA, June 12-13, 2020, online.
- Certificate course on "Healthcare Organizations and the Health System" from Rutgers the State University of New Jersey through Coursera, June 2020
- Global Initiative of Academic Networks (GIAN)Course on "Emerging Biophotonics: Solutions for Disease Diagnosis" April 01-12, 2019
- National workshop on "foldscope" at MNNIT Allahabad 31stAugust-Sept 1, 2018
- Short term course on "Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) data analysis" at MNNIT Allahabad, December 17-23,2018
- International workshop on "CRISPR/Cas9 based knockout of target gene in mammalian cells" at faculty of life sciences and biotechnology at South Asian University New Delhi India, July 18-20 2018
- Short term course on "Recent advances in Biofilm and environmental Biotechnology" at MNNIT Allahabad, September 21-27, 2017
- Short Term Course on "Computer-Aided Drug Designing" at MNNIT Allahabad, May 27- June 2, 2017
- Short term course on "Microbial Technology and Biofilms: Avenues and Applications" at Department of Biotechnology MNNIT Allahabad, January 10-14,2015