Dr. Shafat Ahmad Khan is currently working as Associate Professor in Division of Chemistry, School of Basic and Applied Sciences. He has total experience of more than 11 years of teaching Chemistry and has been associated with Galgotias University since 2014. He is firm Believer of productivity and efficiency in work. He Exhibits an honest work ethic with the ability to excel in fast-paced, time-sensitive environment. Being a passionate teacher, he believes that teaching is not merely restricted to making the students understand the underlying concepts of a course but also to develop critical thinking and evaluate alternate approaches for problem solving. He always put his efforts towards the overall developments of his students. He has 20+ research publications (mostly SCI, highest IF=11.07), edited book (international publisher like Elsevier), and book chapters, h-index 10, 973 citations, 2 patents (filed), 1 edited book).
- 11 years (teaching and research experience)
- Ph.D. Chemistry from Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi. Thesis Title: ‘Development of shades on wool with Dolu/Indian Rhubarb (Rheum emodi) and Kamala Powder Mallotusphilippinensis) and their characteristic evaluation.’
- MSc Organic Chemistry (First Division) Shibli National College.
Award & Recognition
- GU Appreciation Award: Received “Research and Innovation Award 2019” on 7th Jan 2020 for contribution to Research papers and high citations.
- GU Appreciation Award: Received “Research and Innovation Award 2020” on 11th Jan 2022.
- Member of American Chemical Society (ACS) Community Member No 32379834
- Member of International Association of Engineers (IAENG) (Member Number: 304531)
- Member of Institute of Research Engineers and Doctors (IRED), New York, United States (Member Number: SNM2021038170).
- International Society for Development and Sustainability (ISDS), Japan (Associate member since June 2021)
- M Yusuf, M Aijaz, N Keserwani, N. H. Ansari, and S. A. Khan, “Ethnomedicinal, Pharmacological and Commercial Perspectives of Lacciferlacca Body Exudate (LBE).”Letters in Applied NanoBioScience. Vol. 12, Issue 1, 2023, 21, (ISSN: 2228-6808), [Published: 10.01.2022]https://doi.org/10.33263/LIANBS121.021
- M Yusuf and S. A. Khan, “Assessment of ADME and in silico Characteristics of Natural-Drugs from Turmeric to Evaluate Significant COX2 Inhibition”. Biointerface Research in Applied Chemistry, Vol. 13, Issue 1, 2023, 5 (ISSN: 2069-5837), [Published: 7.01.2022, Impact Factor: 1.949].
[In Press: https://doi.org/10.33263/BRIAC131.005]
- V.K. Sharma, M. Yusuf, P. Kumar, Sheeba, M. Sharma, V. C. Wallia, S. A. Khan, N. H. Ansari, S. Zaphar, Sadiya; A Review of the State of the Art towards Biological Applications of Graphene-based Nanomaterials. Journal of Pharmaceutical Research International, 2021, 33(55B), 216-230. [ISSN: 2456-9119] https://www.journaljpri.com/index.php/JPRI/article/view/33869
- M Yusuf and S. A. Khan, A Review of Synthesis and Applications of Boron Nitride Nanotubes (BNNTs) with Future Prospects. Current Smart Materials, Vol. 05 (02),66-78, 15 July 2021 DOI:10.2174/2405465805666210715115610ISSN (Online): 2405-4666
- P. Khanal, U. Chawla, S. Praveen, Z. Malik, S. Malik, M. Yusuf, S. A. Khan, & M. Sharma, Study of Naturally-derived Biomolecules as Therapeutics against SARS-CoV-2 Viral Spike Protein. Journal of Pharmaceutical Research International, 2021, 33(28A), 211-220. [ISSN: 2456-9119] https://doi.org/10.9734/jpri/2021/v33i28A31524
- M. Yusuf, S A Khan, W. Abul, and M. Sharma, Current and Future Prospects of Dye Confiscation Potential of Inorganic-Based Materials: Mini Review, Asian Journal of Microbiology, Biotechnology, and Environmental Science, 2021, 23 (2) Issue, 85-91. [ISSN: 0972-3005]
- M. Yusuf, A. Ahmad, M. Shahid, M. I. Khan, S A Khan, N. Manzoor, and F. Mohammad, “Assessment of colorimetric, antibacterial and antifungal properties of woollen yarn dyed with henna (L. inermis) leaves extract”, J. Clean. Prod., 2012, 27, 42-50. [ISSN: 0959-6526, Publisher Name- ELSEVIER SCI Ltd, Impact Factor: 11.072]
- M. I. Khan, A. Ahmad, S A Khan, M. Yusuf, M. Shahid, N. Manzoor, F. Mohammad, “Assessment of antimicrobial activity of catechu and its dyed substrate”, J. Clean. Prod., 2011, 19, 1385-1394. [ISSN: 0959-6526, Publisher Name- ELSEVIER SCI Ltd, Impact Factor: 11.072]
- S A Khan, A. Ahmad, M. I. Khan, M. Yusuf, M. Shahid, N. Manzoor, F. Mohammad, “Antimicrobial activity of wool dyed with Rheum emodi (Indian rhubarb)”, Dyes Pigments, 2012, 95(2), 206-214. [ISSN: 0143-7208, Publisher Name- ELSEVIER SCI Ltd, Impact Factor: 5.122]
- M. Shahid, A. Ahmad, M. I. Khan, S A Khan, M. Yusuf, N. Manzoor, F. Mohammad, “Dyeing, fastness and antimicrobial properties of woolen yarn dyed with gallnut (Quercus infectoriaOliv.) extract”, Dyes Pigments, 2012, 95(1), 53-61. [ISSN 0143-7208, Publisher Name- ELSEVIER SCI Ltd, Impact Factor: 5.122]
- M. Yusuf, M. Shahid, M. I. Khan, S A Khan, M. A. Khan and F. Mohammad, Dyeing studies with henna and madder: A research on effect of tin (II) chloride mordant, Journal of Saudi Chemical Society, 2011, 95(1), 53-61. [ISSN: 1319-6103, Publisher Name- ELSEVIER SCI Ltd, Impact Factor: 4.712]
- L Prasad, S A Khan, H Arora “Theoretical and Experimental Proof of Mix-Valent DinuclearPhenoxo-/Acetato-Bridged Manganese (II, III) Complex with Labile Sites”. International Journal of Recent Research Aspects, 2017, 4(2), 47-52, [ISSN: 2349-7688, Impact Factor: 1.235]
- M Yusuf, S A Khan, M Shabbir, F Mohammad “Developing a shade range on wool by madder (Rubia cordifolia) root extract with gallnut (Quercus infectoria) as biomordant”. J. Nat. Fibers, 2017, 14, 597-607, [ISSN: 1544- 0478, Impact Factor: 5.323]
- S A Khan, M Shabbir, Mohd Yusuf, F Mohammad. Application of red natural colorants from Rheum emodion wool fiber: Colorimetric and fastness properties.International Journal of Engineering & Allied Sciences 2016, 2(1), 33-41, [ISSN: 2455-2054].
- M Yusuf, S A Khan. Adhatodavasika N. leaves extract: Phytochemical analysis and antibacterial activity. International Journal of Engineering & Allied Sciences, 2016, 2(1), 26-32, [ISSN: 2455-2054].
- S A Khan, M. I. Khan, M. Yusuf, M. Shahid, F. Mohammad and M. A. Khan, “Mixed Metal Mordant Dyeing of Wool using Root Extract of Rheum emodi (Indian Rhubarb/Dolu)”, Journalof Natural Fibers, 2015, 12, 243-255, [ISSN: 1544- 0478, Impact Factor: 5.323]
- Mohd Yusuf, M. Shahid, S A Khan, M. I. Khan, Shahid-ul-islam, M. A. Khan andF. Mohammad, Eco-dyeing of wool using aqueous extract of roots of Indian madder (Rubia cardifolia) as natural dye. J. Nat. Fibers, 2013,10(1), 14-28, [ISSN: 1544- 0478, Publisher Name- Taylor & Francis, Impact Factor: 5.323]
- M. I. Khan, S A Khan, M. Yusuf, M. Shahid, F. Mohammad and M. A. Khan, “Eco-friendly shades on wool using mixed mordants with Acacia catechu (Cutch)”, Colourage, 2010, 57, 81-88. [ISSN: 0010-1826, Publisher Name- Colour Publications Ltd., Mumbai,Impact Factor: 0.04]
- M. I. Khan, M. Shahid, S A Khan, M. Yusuf, F. Mohammad and M. A. Khan, Studies on application of lac natural dye on wool using metal mordants, Colourage, 2012, 59(3), 42-51. [ISSN: 0010-1826, Publisher Name- Colour Publications Ltd., Mumbai,Impact Factor: 0.04]
- F. Mohammad, Mohd Yusuf, M. Shahid, S A Khan, M. I. Khan, Shahid-ul-islam and M. A. Khan, “Dyeing of wool the extract of henna leaves using mixed metal mordants” Colourage, 2012, 59(7), 51-57. [ISSN: 0010-1826, Publisher Name- Colour Publications Ltd., Mumbai,Impact Factor: 0.04]
- M. Yusuf, M. I. Khan, S A Khan, M. Shahid, M.A. Khan and F. Mohammad, A study on eco-friendly shades developed from henna leaves extract and evaluation of their colour and fastness properties, Man Made Textiles in India, 2012, 40(7), 229-233. [ISSN: 0377-7537, Publisher Name- SASMIRA, Mumbai,Impact Factor: 0.15]
- S A Khan, M. I. Khan, M. Yusuf, M. Shahid, F. Mohammad and M. A. Khan, “Natural dye shades on woollen yarn dyed with Kamala (Mallotusphilippinensis) using Eco-friendly metal Mordants and their combination”, Colourage, 2011, 58(11), 38-44. [ISSN: 0010-1826, Publisher Name- Colour Publications Ltd., Mumbai,Impact Factor: 0.04]
- A Gupta, P Agarwal, K Khatana and S A Khan “Chapter: Biomedical Aspects of Lichen‐Derived Products: Roadmap to Alternative Sources for Synthetic Drugs”. Lichen‐Derived Products: Extraction and Applications. 2020, pp. 219-240[ISBN: 9781119593249, Publisher Scrivener Publishing LLC., Publishing is a business partner of John Wiley & Sons].
- S A Khan, P Agarwal and L Prasad, “Chapter: Textile effluents remediation by membrane-based technique”. Handbook of Textile Effluent Remediation, 2018, 259-270, [ISBN: 9780429012402,New York: Pan Stanford, CRC Press, Publishing is a business partner of Taylor & Francis].
- S A Khan, M Yusuf, P Agarwal and L Prasad, “Chapter: Chlorophylls as Pigment: A Contemporary Approach”. Handbook of Renewable Materials for Coloration andFinishing, 2018, 115-124, [ISBN: 978-1-119-40784-3, Publisher Scrivener Publishing LLC., Publishing is a business partner of John Wiley & Sons].
- P Agarwal, M Yusuf, S AKhan, and L Prasad, “Chapter: Bio-Colorants as Photosensitizers for Dye Sensitized Solar Cell (DSSC)”. Handbook of Renewable Materials for Coloration andFinishing, 2018, 279-300, [ISBN: 978-1-119-40784-3, PublisherScrivener Publishing LLC., Publishing is a business partner of John Wiley & Sons].
- Certificate of “Introduction to Python” on 27th May 2020.
- FDP on “Interdisciplinary Research in Forensic Science” held from 15th Feb to 19th Feb 2021.
- FDP onEffective writing & Publishing of research paper in SCI, SCOPUS, ABDC Indexed Journals held from 2nd August to 6th August 2021, organized by CT Institute of Engineering, Management, and Technology.
- Natural Hazards (NPTEL-AICTE, Online Programme) in Jan-March 2020.
- FDP on Learning, Pedagogy, and Effective Use of Case Methodology held from 17th May to 21st May 2020.
- Fundamentals of outcome-based Curriculum in Engineering Education (2 credit course) in May 2019.
- Teaching And Learning in General Programs: TALG, (NPTEL-AICTE, Faculty Development Programme) in July-August 2019.
- Training program on ‘Outcome Based Education’ held on 13th- 20th Dec 2017 organized by Galgotias University, Certificate is awarded by Engineering Staff College of India.
Area of Interest
- Natural Dyes, Natural fiber
- Bio-based materials and their synthesis
- Environmental Chemistry (Nanotechnology for dye removal)
- Edited forthcoming book entitled ‘Nanolubricants: Generation and Applications’ edited by Mohd Yusuf, Shafat Ahmad Khan, and Lalit Prasad to be published by Scrivener Publishing, a business partner of John Wiley & Sons. (Under Publication).
- Edited Book- Green Chemistry: A Path to Sustainable Developments edited by Lalit Prasad,Shafat Ahmad Khan, Arvind Kumar Jain, Rafael Luque and Rajender S. Varma to be published by Elsevier. (Proposal Accepted).
- NAAC Criteria-2 Coordinator (Division of Chemistry), 2018 to till date.
- Member of Galgotias University Exam Control Room, since 2016-2020
- Time table coordinator (Division of Chemistry) during 2020-21.
- National Innovation Foundation -India: Reviewer of Innovative ideas/innovations received under INSPIRE Awards-Manak for the Year 2019-20, Govt. of India.
- Member of Technical Committee of 5 th International Conference on Recent Developments in Science, Engineering & Technology, REDSET 2019 held on 15th -16th November 2019 in GD Goenka University, Gurgaon, India.
- Organizing Member of 2 nd National Conference on Emerging Trend in Applied Science held on 17th – 18th August 2017 in Galgotias University, Greater Noida, U.P.
- Member of Technical Committee of 4th International Conference on Recent Developments in Science, Engineering & Technology, REDSET 2017 held on 13th-14th Oct 2017 in GD Goenka University, Gurgaon, India.
- Organizing Member in the National conference on Emerging Trends in Applied Sciences held on 23-24 September, 2016 at Galgotias University, Greater Noida, UP.