Areas of Specialization
Pharmaceutical Chemistry (Analysis)
Ph.D. from Karpagam University and M.Pharm from RTM Nagpur University & MBA (Marketing) from IGNOU
• Professor, Dept. of Pharmacy, School of Medical and Allied Sciences, Galgotias University from Aug 2019-Till Date
• Professor at Nirmala College of Health Sciences, Kerala University Health Sciences from 2017-2019
• Associate Professor at SKB College of Pharmacy, RTM Nagpur University from 2014-2016
• Assistant professor at Amrita School of Pharmacy, Amrita Vishwavidyapeetham from 2008-2013
• Assistant professor at Nirmala College of Pharmacy, Kottayam University from 2004-2008
• Assistant Professor at Amrita School of Pharmacy, Amrita Vishwavidyapeetham from 1998-2004
• Lecturer at SN College of Pharmacy, Amravati University from 1991-1995
• Kalpana PR, A Rajasekaran, Manju Prathap. Phytochemical evaluation and polyphenolic antioxidant activity of methanolic root extract of Desmostachya bipinnata (Poaceae); Journal of Pharmacy Research 2011, 4(9).
• Kalpana PR, A Rajasekaran, KSG Arulkumaran. Potential of Desmostachya bipinnata (Poaceae) root extracts in inhibition of cell proliferation of cervical cancer cell lines; Int J Res Pharm Sci 2012, 3(1) 5-11.
• Parvathy NG, Padma R, Renjith V, Kalpana PR, Saranya TS; Phytochemical screening and anthelmintic activity of methanolic extract of Imperata cylindrica; Int J Pharm Pharm Sci 2012, Vol 4, Suppl 1, 232-234.
• Padma R, Parvathy NG, Renjith V, Kalpana PR. Quantitative estimation of tannins, phenols and antioxidant activity of methanolic extracts of Imperata cylindrica; Int J Res Pharm Sci 2013, 4(1) 73-77.
• Akhila S, Aiswarya S, Kavya K, Kalpana PR. Development and validation of spectrophotometric methods for simultaneous estimation of citicoline and piracetam in tablet dosage form; J Pharm Bioall Sci 2013; 5: 202 ‑7.
• Rajasree R and Rahate KP: An overview on various modifications of Chitosan and it’s applications. Int J Pharm Sci Res 2013; 4(11): 4175-93.
• Rahate KP, Rajasekaran A. Hepatoprotection by active fractions from Desmostachya bipinnata stapf (L.) against tamoxifen-induced hepatotoxicity. Indian J Pharmacol 2015;47:311-5. (ISSN 0253-7613, DOI: 10.4103/0253-7613.157130
• Rahate KP, Rajasekaran A. Isolation and Identification of Flavone Aglycones in Roots of Desmostachya bipinnata Stapf (L.). Indian J Pharm Sci 2018; 80(3):551-556 (DOI: 10.4172/pharmaceutical-sciences.1000391).
• Guru Dayal Yadav, P. K. Sharma and Kalpana Rahate. Colon Targeted Drug Delivery System: Delivery Approaches, Recent Advancements and Patents. World Journal of Pharm. Research 2020; 9(10):299-321.
• Kalpana PR, Rajasree R, Gurudayal Y. Synthesis, Characterisation and Antimicrobial Potential of Novel N-Alkylated Pyrrole Derivatives of Chitosan. Bioscience Biotechnology Research Communications 2021;14(4):1730-1736.
• Nidhi Kala, Kalpana PR. Triazole as Potent Anti-Cancer Agent- A Pharmacophoric Scaffold. Current Cancer Therapy Reviews 2022;18(4):1-23 (DOI: 10.2174/1573394717666211006102147).
• Poster presentation on “Hepatoprotective Potential of the active flavonoid constituents in Desmostachya bipinnata(L.) Stappf.”, 45th Annual Conference of Indian Pharmaceutical Society & International Conference (IPSCON-2012) on Navigating Pharmacology towards Safe and Effective Therapy, Smt. Kishoritai Bhoyar College of Pharmacy, Kamptee, Nagpur, Maharashtra, 5th to 7th January 2013.
• Poster presentation on “In vitro antioxidant activity of the leaves of Mimosa Hamanta”, National Seminar on Herbal Indigenous Medicine for Better Living, St. James College of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Chalakudy, Kerala, 21st & 22nd January 2011.
• Poster presentation on “Phytochemical Investigation of some species of Mangroves from state of Kerala”. National Seminar on Herbal Indigenous Medicine for Better Living, St. James College of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Chalakudy, Kerala, 21st & 22nd January 2011.
• Poster presentation on “anthelmintic activity of methanolic extract of Imperata cylindrica”. National Seminar on Herbal Indigenous Medicine for Better Living, St. James College of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Chalakudy, Kerala, 21st & 22nd January 2011.
• Poster presentation on In vitro anticancer activity of the methanolic extracts of the roots of Desmostachya bipinnata (L) Stapf. 62nd Indian Pharm Congress, Manipal, 17-19 December 2010.
• Faculty Development Programme on “Recent Advances in Herbal Medicine” held at Vaagdevi Pharmacy College, Warangal, 28th February to 5th March 2022.
• Faculty Development Programme on Current Scenario of Herbal Drug Development for Infectious Diseases held at Department of Pharmacy, School of Medical and Allied Sciences, Galgotias University, 21st June to 25th June 2021.
• Faculty Development Programme on “Moodle Learning Management System” held at Galgotias University, 4th December to 10th December 2020.
• Participated in the Two-Day Anandshala (Blissinar) titled ‘ALAP - Academic Leadership Alignment Programme’ under NEP Implementation Pathway Services (NIPS) on 13th and 14th September 2022 at Prajnanam Auditorium, AICTE, New Delhi.
• Attended the online workshop on HPTLC: Technique and Applications Conducted on March 16, 2022 Jointly organized by Anchrom Enterprises (I) Pvt. Ltd., Mumbai And School of Medical Sciences, Adamas University, West Bengal.
• Life member of IPA (Indian Pharmaceutical Association) No. MAH/NAG/LM/0079.
• Life member of APTI (Association of Pharmaceutical Teachers of India) No. KE/LM -155.
• Life member of ISTE (Indian Society for Technical Education) LM 65951.
• Registered Pharmacist at Maharashtra State Pharmacy Council, No. 31457