Dr. Yogendra Kumar is currently working as an Assistant Professor in the Department of Physics, School of Basic and Applied Sciences. He has more than 9 years of research and teaching experience and has been associated with Galgotias University since 2022. He has received a Master of Technology (M.Tech.) from the Indian Institute of Technology Patna. He has awarded the doctor of philosophy (Ph.D.) from the Indian Institute of Technology Indore. He worked as a post-doctoral Fellow at the Institute for Plasma Research, Gandhinagar Gujarat, An Aided Institute of the Department of Atomic Energy, Government of India. He has published more than 28 peer-reviewed SCI research papers with an i10-index of 21.
- 9 years of research and teaching experience.
- Ph.D. (Metallurgy Engineering and Materials Science), Indian Institute of Technology Indore, 2019
- M.Tech. (Nanoscience and Nanotechnology), Indian Institute of Technology Patna, 2014
- M.Sc. (Physics), M. J. P. Rohilkhand University Bareilly (U.P.), 2011
Award & Recognition
- Young Scientist travel grant from Department of Science and Technology (DST), Government of India .
- Doctoral Fellowship, [July 2014-December 2018], Ministry of Education (MoE), Government of India.
- Master Fellowship, [July 2012 - April 2014], Ministry of Education (MoE), Government of India.
- Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) in Physics, .
Area of Interest
- Synthesis and characterization of advanced functional magnetic materials for permanent magnet, hyperthermia, and biomedical applications.
- Designing and fabrication of functional metal oxide nanostructures (ZnO, TiO2, etc.) and perovskite materials for semiconductor device applications.
- High-temperature solid oxide cells and ceramic composites for harsh environment applications.
- Plasma etching and coating of semiconductors materials for electronics and optoelectronics applications.
- He has published more than 28 (Citations: 799, i-10 index; 21) peer-reviewed SCI research papers.
- He has presented several research papers/oral talks/ poster presentations at various International conferences.
Google Scholar: https://scholar.google.co.in/citations?user=W-KYI_0AAAAJ&hl=en
Professional Membership, Workshops/ Courses Certificates
- Life member of Magnetics Society of India (MSI).
- Life member of Materials Research Society of India (MRSI).
- Life member of Plasma Science Society of India (PSSI).
- TEQIP course on “Advanced Surface Science and Engineering,” 26th-28th March 2018, organized by Discipline of Metallurgy Engineering and Materials Science, IIT Indore, India.
- International Workshop on Advanced Nanoscience and Engineering” 1st December 2017, organized by Discipline of Metallurgy Engineering and Materials Science, IIT Indore, India
- Global Initiative of Academic Network (GIAN) course on “Chemical Sensors: Principle, Technologies and Applications”, 1st-9th July 2016 held at IIT Indore, India.
- GIAN course on “High-Pressure Synthesized Materials: A Chest of Treasure and Hints” 11th-19th July 2016, held at IIT Indore, India.
- GIAN course on “Basic Principles and Applications of Photovoltaic Devices”10th-20th December 2018 organized by Indian Institute of Technology Indore, India
- Quantum Dots and Nanoparticles in Light Emitting Diodes and Displays applications.
- Reviewer of Journals
- Materials Chemistry and Physics
- Applied Surface Science Advances