Dr. Yogendra Kumar is currently working as an Assistant Professor in Physics Division, School of Basic Sciences. He has more than 9 years of research and teaching experience and has been associated with Galgotias University since 2022. He completed his M. Sc. from M. J. P. Rohilkhand University, Bareilly. He has received a Master of Technology (M.Tech.) from the Indian Institute of Technology Patna. He has been awarded the Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) from the Indian Institute of Technology Indore. He worked as a post-doctoral Fellow at the Institute for Plasma Research, Gandhinagar Gujarat, An Aided Institute of the Department of Atomic Energy, Government of India. He has published several research articles in reputed scientific peer-reviewed journals like IOP, RSC, ACS, Springer, and Elsevier with an i10-index of 22.
- Assistant Professor in Physics, Galgotias University (from October 2022)
- Post-doctoral Fellow, Institute for Plasma Research, Gandhinagar, Gujarat (2020-2022)
- Post-doctoral Fellow, Indian Institute of Technology Indore (2019-2020)
- Ph. D. (Metallurgy Engineering and Materials Science), IIT Indore, 2019
- M. Tech. (Nanoscience and Nanotechnology), IIT Patna, 2014
- M. Sc. (Physics), M. J. P. Rohilkhand University Bareilly (U.P.), 2011
Award & Recognition
- Young Scientist travel grant from Department of Science and Technology (DST), Government of India .
- Doctoral Fellowship, [July 2014-December 2018], Ministry of Education (MoE), Government of India.
- Master Fellowship, [July 2012 - April 2014], Ministry of Education (MoE), Government of India.
- Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) in Physics, .
Professional Membership, Workshops/ Courses Certificates
- Life member of Magnetics Society of India (MSI).
- Life member of Materials Research Society of India (MRSI).
- Life member of Plasma Science Society of India (PSSI).
- TEQIP course on “Advanced Surface Science and Engineering,” 26th-28th March 2018, organized by Discipline of Metallurgy Engineering and Materials Science, IIT Indore, India.
- GIAN course on “Basic Principles and Applications of Photovoltaic Devices” 10th-20th December 2018 organized by Indian Institute of Technology Indore, India
- International Workshop on Advanced Nanoscience and Engineering” 1st December 2017, organized by Discipline of Metallurgy Engineering and Materials Science, IIT Indore, India
- Global Initiative of Academic Network (GIAN) course on “Chemical Sensors: Principle, Technologies and Applications”, 1st-9th July 2016 held at IIT Indore, India.
- GIAN course on “High-Pressure Synthesized Materials: A Chest of Treasure and Hints” 11th-19th July 2016, held at IIT Indore, India.
- He has published more than 30 (Citations: 950, i-10 index; 22) peer-reviewed SCI research papers.
- He has presented several research papers/oral talks/ poster presentations at various International conferences.
Google Scholar: https://scholar.google.co.in/citations?user=W-KYI_0AAAAJ&hl=en
Area of Interest
- Synthesis and characterization of advanced functional magnetic materials for permanent magnet, hyperthermia, and biomedical applications.
- Designing and fabrication of functional metal oxide nanostructures (ZnO, TiO2, etc.) and perovskite materials for semiconductor device applications.
- High-temperature solid oxide cells and ceramic composites for harsh environment applications.
- Plasma etching and coating of semiconductors materials for electronics and optoelectronics applications.
- Reviewer of Journals
- Materials Chemistry and Physics
- Applied Surface Science Advances
- Materials Physics and Chemistry
- Journal of European Ceramic Society