Dr. Shweta Sharma is currently working as Assistant Professor in School of Basic and Applied Sciences. She has total experience of more than 06 years of teaching Forensic Science and has been associated with Galgotias University since 2022. She is firm Believer of productivity and efficiency in work. She Exhibits an honest work ethic with the ability to excel in fast-paced, time-sensitive environment. Being a passionate faculty, she believes that teaching is not merely restricted to making the students understand the underlying concepts of a course but also to develop critical thinking and evaluate alternate approaches for problem solving. She always put her efforts towards the overall developments of her students.
06 years of teaching experience and 05 years of research experience.
Award & Recognition
- She has trained more than 1500 police, prosecutors, judges, defence officials in the areas of Forensic Sciences at National and International level.
- She has been an active speaker at BPR&D, ITEC, Ministry of external affairs for NDPS and related cases.
- Academic Excellence Award by Legal Desire on 31st January 2021.
- Honoured at Maharaja’s College, University of Mysore, Karnataka, for her contributions in forensic fraternity in State of Karnataka.
- Secured 2nd rank in paper presentation on ''Sex determination from linguistic characteristics'' under Science Excellence - 2011, state level competition held at Gujarat University.
- Secured 2nd rank in intercollegiate elocution competition on “Bhagvat Gita in modern times” organized by H.K College, Gujarat University.
- She has presented Research papers in more than 25 National and International conferences & more than 10 Papers Published in various National, international & On -Line Journals.
- She is certified in HPLC, GC, Brain fingerprinting, DNA Fingerprinting, Neuro – criminology, image/video authentication, FARO 3-D scanner, Comparison microscope, Eyepiece less Stereomicroscope, EDXRF, Polygraph, Video Spectral Comparator and Voice Spectrograph and Layered Voice Analysis and licensed trainer.
Area of Interest
- Forensic Toxicology.
- Forensic Sciences.
- Fingerprint Examination.
- Narcotic and Psychotropic Substances.
- Forensic Document Examination.
- Life Member of Indian Criminology & Forensic Science Association (ICFSA).
- Jury member of ePoster Presentations in 4th International Conference on “Fingerprint Analysis”
- Delivered invited expert lectures in a series of (08) expert lectures on the topic of “Investigation of cases of Acid attacks, eve-teasing, stalking and outrage of modesty”, at national level workshop sponsored by Bureau of Police Research and Development, New Delhi, titled “Investigators on safety of women”, at Gujarat Police Academy, 2019.
- • Delivered invited expert lectures in a series of (02) expert lectures on the topic of “Investigation of cases of Acid attacks, eve-teasing, stalking and outrage of modesty”, at national level workshop sponsored by Bureau of Police Research and Development, New Delhi, titled “Prosecutors on safety of women”, at Gujarat Police Academy, 2019.
- Delivered invited expert lecture on “Narcotics drug classification and its investigation at the scene of crime” to Deputy Suprintendent of police, Gujarat Police Academy, 2019.
- Secured 1st rank in Sports Extravaganza for “Badminton Women Doubles”, held at Jain University, Bangalore.