Dr. Sanjeev Kumar is currently working as a Professor in Division of Physics, School of Basic Sciences at Galgotias University, Greater Noida. He obtained his doctorate degree. from Ch. Charan Singh University, Meerut Uttar Pradesh and an extensive research work was carried out at IIT Delhi. During his Ph.D tenure he received “Senior Research Fellowship” (SRF) award by Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR), New Delhi. He Has 22 years of teaching and research experience after the award of his Ph.D. Dr. Kumar has worked in various research project in IIT Delhi as a Research Associate, Project Scientist and Senior Project Scientist position. He has published more than twenty-two research papers in National and International reputed Journal and Conferences.He is a lifetime member of Solar Energy Society of India (SESI) and Indian Association for air Pollution control (IAAPC).
- 22+ years of Teaching & Research experience
- Ph.D. : Physics (Solar Thermal Energy)
- M. Sc. Physics
Award & Recognition:
- Senior Research Fellowship (SRF) by Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR),
New Delhi, Govt. of India [Award N0. 8/311(1)/97-EMR].
- 2nd Research and Innovation Award- 2021-22, Received by Galgotias University.
- Sanjeev Kumar, G.N. Tiwari, S. Suneja and S.N. Rai, "Parametric Study of Evaporative Heat Transfer Coefficient in Solar Distillation. "International Journal ofAmbient Energy, vol. 18. No. 4, 205-215 (1997)., Informa UK Limited, Taylor and Francis. https://doi.org/10.1080/01430750.1997.9675282.
- Sanjeev Kumar and G.N. Tiwari, "Optimisation of Collector and Basin area for higher Yield for Active Solar Still. "International Journal ofDesalination, vol. 116, 1-9 (1998) Science Direct, Elsevier B.V, https://doi.org/10.1016/S0011-9164(98)00052-6.
- Sanjeev Kumar and G.N. Tiwari, "Optimisation of daily yield for an active double effect distillation with water flow "Int. J. ofEnergy Conversion and Management, vol. 40, 703-715, (1999). ScienceDirect, Elsevier B.V., https://doi.org/10.1016/S0196-8904(98)00136-8.
- Sanjeev Kumar and G.N. Tiwari, "Triple Basin Active Solar Still." Int. J. ofEnergy Research, vol. 23, 529-542 (1999). John Wiley & Sons, Ltd. https://doi.org/10.1002/(SICI)1099-114X(199905)23:6%3C529::AID-ER500%3E3.0.CO;2-R.
- Sanjeev Kumar and G.N. Tiwari, "Optimisation of design parameters for multi effect active distillation system by using Runge-Kutta method." Int. J. ofDesalination, vol. 121, 87-96 (1999). https://doi.org/10.1016/S0011-9164(99)00009-0 .
- Sanjeev Kumar, G.N. Tiwari and H.N. Singh, "Annual performance of an active solar distillation system" International J. ofDesalination, vol. 127,79-88 (2000). https://doi.org/10.1016/S0011-9164(99)00194-0
- G.N. Tiwari, Sanjeev Kumar and Om Prakash “Study of heat and mass transfer from sugarcane juice for evaporation.” International J. of Desalination, 159, 81-96 (2003). https://doi.org/10.1016/S0011-9164(03)90047-6
- G.N. Tiwari, Sanjeev Kumar and Om Prakash “Evaluation Of Convective Mass Transfer Coefficient During Drying of Jaggery”Int. J. of Food Engineering,63, 219-227 (2004).https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jfoodeng.2003.07.003
- Gaurav Singh, Neeraj Sengar, Sanjeev Kumar, D. B. Singh, “Effect of dissimilarity of N on energy payback time of N equally partly covered compound parabolic concentrating collector”, International journal of advanced research in engineering and technology (IJARET).Volume 11, Issue 4, April 2020, pp. 468-478.© IAEME Publication, Scopus Indexed (April 2020)
- 10.Gaurav Singh, D.B. Singh, Sanjeev Kumar, K. Bharti, S. Chhabra,” A review of inclusion of nanofluids on the attainment of different types of solar collectors” published in “Materials Today: Proceedings” (Scopus index) June 2020. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.matpr.2020.06.238.
National/ International Conferences:
- Sanjeev Kumar, G.N. Tiwari and S.N. Rai, "Optimisation of daily yield for an active double effect distillation with water flow" National Solar Energy Convention-97, hosted by Solar Energy Society of India at Anna University, Chennai, India, pp. 281-286, (1997).
- Sanjeev Kumar, S.N. Rai, G.N. Tiwari, P.B. Sharma and Emran Khan, "Performance of an active solar distillation" XIth International Congress and Exhibition, hosted by Nation Foundation of Indian Engineers (NAFEN),New Delhi, India, pp. 149-152, (1998).
- Sanjeev Kumar, G.N. Tiwari and S.N. Rai, "Purification of water by using solar distillation" Proc. XIIth International Congress and Exhibition on R&D, hosted by National Foundation of Indian Engineers(NAFEN), New Delhi (India), 244-246 (1999).
- Sanjeev Kumar, G.N. Tiwari and S.N. Rai, " Renewable energy as a means of providing fresh water to rural/remote area, Proc. National Renewable Energy Convention-'99 at School of Energy & Environment Studies, Devi Ahilya Vishwavidyailya, Indore (M.P.) India, 504-508 (1999).
- Sanjeev Kumar and G.N. Tiwari, "Optimisation of water mass for double basin solar still" Proc. National Renewable Energy Convention-2000, hosted by Solar Energy Society of India at Energy Systems Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay, India, pp. 105-109 (2000).
- A. Chandra, P. K Sharma, Sanjeev Kumar and S. Kumar, “Effect of fogging, flue gas conditioning and sodium dosing of coal on fly ash resistivity: an experimental investigation”, Proc. on Int. Conference of Energy and Environment-Strategies of Sustainable Development” at Dept of Mechanical Engineering, Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi (India) on Jan 23-24, (2004).
- A. Chandra, S. Kumar and Sanjeev Kumar, “Investigations on fly ash resistivity of varieties of coals used in Indian power plants.” Proc. 9th International Conference on Electrostatic Precipitation (ICESP-IX) at Protea hotel, Mpumplamga, South Africa on May 17-21, (2004).
- A. Chandra and Sanjeev Kumar, “Ash Resistivity and ESP Performance” Proc. workshop
on ESP Performance: Role of fly ash resistivity at India International Centre, New Delhi on September 23-24, (2004)
- A. Chandra and Sanjeev Kumar “Performance Improvement of Electrostatic Precipitator:
Some Experimental studies.” 10th International Conference on Electrostatic Precipitation (ICESP-X) at Cairns Queensland, Australia Paper 8A1(June 2006)
- A. Chandra, Sanjeev Kumar, S. Kumar and P.K. Sharma“ Investigations on fly ash resistivity: development of empirical relations based on experimental measurement.”
10th International Conference on Electrostatic Precipitation (ICESP-X) at Cairns Queensland, Australia, Paper 8B1 (2006).
- Sanjeev Kumar “Growing demand of energy: Role of renewable energy sources” paper presented in Conference on Advances in Solar Energy and Material Research (ASEMR) Department of Chemistry & Physics, Manav Rachna International University, Faridabad (3rd March 2012).
- Sanjeev Kumar, Gaurav Singh, D.B. Singh, H.N. Singh and S. Mujumdar, “Performance Analysis of Solar Energy based Passive Water Purifier” an International Conference on Innovation and Application in Science & Technology (ICIAST-2021) published in “Materials Today: Proceedings 57 (2022) 2156–2165 (Scopus index) Volume 57, Pages 2156-2165 Part 5, 2022,https://doi.org/10.1016/j.matpr.2021.12.187
Indium Tin oxide (ITO) coated solar still, [Application no 202011035446] filed on 17-08- 2020. and published on 18-02-22
- NPTL certification on “Teaching and Learning in General Programs (TALG)” in August 2019
- NPTL certification on “Teaching and Learning in Engineering(TALE)” in March 2019.
- Participated in Five Days Faculty Development Program (FDP) on “Designing of Question Paper and Efficient Evaluation Methodology” organized by Academic Success Centre, GLA University, Mathura (U.P.) during November 15 – 19, 2021.
- Participated in 4-days Outcome Based Education (OBE) training on 13 to 16 December, 2017 at Galgotias University, Greater Noida, U.P.
- Organizing Member in the 2nd National conference on emerging trends in applied sciences (NCETAS2017) 17th -18thAUGUST, 2017 at Galgotias University, Greater Noida.
- Organizing Member in the National conference on Emerging Trends in Applied Sciences (NCETA2016) held on 23-24 September, 2016 at Galgotias University, Greater Noida, UP.
- Participated in 8-Days workshop on ‘Universal Human Value and Ethics (UHVE)’ at Mandi, Himachal Pradesh.2013
- Attended the UPTU-Lucknow sponsored Faculty Development Program on “Innovative and Effective Teaching of PHYSICS” at UPTU Noida Centre , Sector-62, Noida on 29-12-2008 to January 02, 2009.
- Participated the National Seminar on “Energy Scenario and Energy Security” at Centre for Energy Studies, IIT Delhi on January 22,2008.
- Attended the AICTE sponsored QIP summer course on “Concepts of Renewable Energy Sources” at Centre for Energy Studies, IIT Delhi on June 13-27,2005
- Participated as a member of organizing committee on the workshop entitled, “ESP Performance: Role of fly ash resistivity” at India International Centre, New Delhi, September, 2004.
- Attended the summer training course on ‘Non-Conventional Sources of Energy’ under quality improvement program at CES, IIT Delhi on June 16-27, 2003
Area of Interest
- Solar thermal energy
- Energy and Environment
- Solar Distillation/Solar Dryer
- Ph.D. Supervisor -01 Scholar (in Progress)
- DIQAC Coordinator (Physics Division) SBS.
- Member of Board of Studies (BOS), Physics.
- Member in Examination Cell in Flying Squad team.
- B. Tech Semiconductor Physics Lab In-charge