Dr. Ishrat Jahan is presently working as an Assistant Professor in the division of economics, School of Liberal Education, Galgotias University, India. Before joining Galgotias University, Worked at Institute of Information and Technology (IITM) Janakpuri, New Delhi, and Jamia Millia Islamia New Delhi. She has published papers and book chapters in areas of Rural Development, Literacy, Public finance and Economic Development etc. She has also presented research papers and articles in various National and International Conferences held in Turkey, India and Indonesia. She has been scientific committee member and organising member in 2nd International Block chain and Cryptocurrency Conference, 29-31 July 2022, Ankara, Türkiye.
- PhD (Economics) topic: “An Evaluation of Fiscal Devolution to Rural Local Bodies In Uttar Pradesh since 1993”, from Aligarh Muslim University
- MA (Economics) from Aligarh Muslim University
Award & Recognition
- Presented a paper titled “Rural Development in Uttar Pradesh through Government Scheme” presented at Social Sciences Congress, Volume XXXVII organized by Indian Academy of Social Science under the Auspices of AMU (2013)
- Presented a paper titled “SUSTAINABLE ROOTS OUT OF POVERTY PAST EXPERIENCE AND FUTURE CHALLENGES” presented at Department of Economics Mohanlal Sukhadia University Udaipur (RAJ.), organized by Indian Economic Association (2014).
- Presented a paper titled “AN ANALYSIS ON RURAL DEVELOPMENT THROUGH MGNRSGS IN INDIA” at FIFTH INTERNATIONAL IZMIR, ECONOMICS & BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION CONGRESS, held on February 25-26, 2022 / Izmir, Turkey
- Presented a paper titled “EFFECTIVENESS OF RURAL DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMMES IN INDIA” at "ISPEC, 9th INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON AGRICULTURE, ANIMAL SCIENCES, AND RURAL DEVELOPMENT, March 19-20, 2022, Burdur Mehmet Akif Ersoy University, Burdur, Turkey"
- Presented a paper titled "ROLE OF MGNREGS AND PMGSY IN RURAL DEVELOPMENT IN STATE OF UTTAR PRADESH '' at the Ist VICMUR, The first Virtual International Conference on multidisciplinary Research, Theme "Establishing Connection among Science, Education, Technology and Society to Encourage Student's Skill Development in 21 century". The Conference Is Organized By the Universitas Islam Madura Education Share To Care Volunteers (IES2CV) Indonesia, April 4, 2022
- Research Paper entitled “The Role Of Education For Indian Women Aand Involvement In The Human Rights, Labour Force And Human Development Index” presented at “ICSSR Sponsored Two-Day National Seminar On Achievement @75” held In Gautam Buddha University, 26-27 August,2022.
- Presented a paper titled "ROLE OF MGNREGS AND PMGSY IN RURAL DEVELOPMENT IN STATE OF UTTAR PRADESH” at An International Conference on Public Finance, Public Policy and Economic Development” Organized by the Pondicherry University School of Management Department of Economics, 11th & 12th November 2022.
- Presented a paper entitled “Investigating the Concept and Methodology of Islamic Banking: An Empirical Comparison of Islamic and Conventional Banks” National conference on “Banking and Finance- Issues, Challenges and Prospects in India” dated 29th & 30th November 2022, organized by Jamia Millia Islamia.
- Presented a paper entitled “Work, Artificial Intelligence and Unemployment” organized by School of Liberal Education, Galgotias University in Collaboration with Jean Monnet Project, Jawaharlal Nehru University, on the theme of (Re)constructing the ‘self’ in the age of AI: Perspectives, Contestations and Challenges, dated 15th & 16th December..
- Ishrat Jahan (2015),“Rural Development in Uttar Pradesh through Central Government Schemes” published in the Asian Journal of Multidisciplinary Study, ISSN: 2321-8819 (Online) 2348-7186 (Print), Vol. 3 Issue 5, May 2015.
- Jahan, Ishrat (2013)“Rural Development in Uttar Pradesh through Government Scheme” published in SAVSS Journal of Social Science Volume 3rd 2015, ISSN-2321- 2314
- Book Chapter entitled “The Role Of Education For Indian Women and Involvement In The Human Rights, Labour Force And Human Development Index” published in book “Role of Women Empowerment in Achieving in SDGs in India”, ISBN: 978-93-94336-22-3, Editors: Prof. Shweta Anand and Dr. Naveen Kumar, Published by JSR Publishing House LLP
- Book Chapter entitled “Women Participation In Development, Education, Labour Force And National Politics” published in book titled “ Gender Studies: A Multidisciplinary Approach” ISBN : 978-93-94510-06-7, Editor : Dr. Pooja Rai, Published by : Cape Comorin Publisher Kanyakumari, Tamilnadu, Indi
Accomplished the Council of Europe HELP online course on “Business and Human Rights” (6 hours), Council of Europe HELP Programme
Area of Interest
- Monetary Economics
- Financial Institutions and Markets
- Agriculture Economics
- Organizing member of an International Conference International Conference on (Re)constructing the ‘self’ in the age of AI: Perspectives, Contestations and Challenges, Date: 15th-16th December 2022, Galgotias University
- Organizing member of a Faculty Development Programme in collaboration with Jean Monnet Module, European Commission and Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi from 7-13 Feb 2022
- Contributed to the Organization of the 30 hours Value added course in collaboration with Jean Monnet Module, European Commission and Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi conducted from 18 November -30 January 2022.
- Attended five Days Global E-FDP on “Unleashing Research Potential: Global Trends and Practices”, Organized by Office of International Relations, Galgotias University, Greater Noida, Uttar Pradesh held, from March 7-11, 2022.
- Participated in the “Workshop on Writing Research Paper” Uttar Pradesh-Uttarakhand Economic Association’s (UPUEA), seventh Annual Conference held on 15th-17th October 2011 at Birla Institute of Management Technology, Greater Noida.