Prof. (Dr.) Rajiv Mishra is an erudite educator & academician of hospitality and tourism with more than 2 decades of exposure and expertise in mentoring & training; academic administration & consulting; research & operations; including relationship management & continuing professional development. His last assignment of 15 years with Manipal Education Group has been extremely enriching, as he was associated with ‘ITC Welcomgroup Graduate School of Hotel Administration, Manipal Academy of Higher Education’, Manipal, which is ranked 46th among the top 50 Best Hospitality and Hotel Management Schools in the world & India’s best & supreme Hospitality Institute and recognized as ‘Institute of Eminence’ by Ministry of Education, Govt. of India. He has also served as ‘Coordinator of Quality & Compliance’ and Nodal Officer of All India Survey of Higher Education, MoE Govt. of India. He is a Member of the Board of Studies & Academic Committee of the Sikkim Manipal University, Gangtok. He has served as University Senate Representative of Mangalore University, Mangalore.
His ‘Doctoral Research Thesis’ is awarded by the Union Ministry of Tourism, Government of India for its credibility, novelty, and asserted exploration. He is a post-graduate in (i) Hospitality Management, (ii) Tourism Management & (iii) Business Administration, and he is the country’s first batch alumnus of four years bachelor’s degree program in Hotel Management. He is among very few academicians in India to be adorned as a ‘Fellow’ of the Institute of Hospitality, London.
His research papers are highly commended by the Union Ministry of Tourism, Govt. of India; Department of Tourism, Govt. of Karnataka; and Directorate of Tourism, Govt. of Bihar. He is the ‘Editorial Board Member’ of four journals and has more than 60 research publications of repute in various peer-reviewed international & national journals, reference books and conference proceedings. He has also initialized, peer-reviewed & instructionally designed 51 self-learning books for ‘Bachelor of Science in Hospitality & Catering Management’ and ‘Post Graduate Diploma in Travel & Tourism Management’ programs of Sikkim Manipal University, Gangtok.
He is also providing academic consultancy to various acclaimed organizations like - Adjunct Faculty to Sikkim Manipal University, Gangtok; Affiliated Assessor of ‘The tourism and Hospitality Sector Skill Council’ under ‘Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana’ of the Ministry of Skill Development & Entrepreneurship, Govt. of India; Subject Matter Expert of MeritTrac Services Pvt. Ltd., Bangalore; External Verifier for Qualifications & Quality in Hospitality Training of City & Guilds, London; and Trainer for Konkan Railway Academy, Goa.
He is a self-motivated, passionate, result-oriented and energetic leader with great respect for people, process, and innovation alongside flawless execution and unyielding integrity with a ‘go-getter’ with a ‘can-do’ attitude. He is proficient in hospitality & tourism erudition, curriculum design & development, skilled in technology-mediated learning (VSAT/EduNxt/WebEx/Microsoft Teams); instructional designing and reviewing of web-based learning resources apart from teaching & mentoring the students.
Experience: 23 years of continuous experience in Academic Administration & Consultancy / Hospitality & Tourism - Didactics / Learning & Development / Research & Continuing Professional Development.
i) Since December 2020 with Galgotias University, Greater Noida as Dean & Professor in the School of Hospitality & Tourism.
ii) July 2006 till November 2020 with various constituent units of Manipal Education Group in different capacities:
• Aug’12-Nov’20 with ITC Welcomgroup Graduate School of Hotel Administration (WGSHA), Manipal [a Constituent Institute of Manipal Academy of Higher Education (formerly Manipal University), Manipal] as Assoc. Professor & Professor (Hospitality & Tourism).
• April’11-Aug’12 with Sikkim Manipal University (SMU), Manipal as Program Head (Hospitality & Tourism) and with Manipal Global Education Services (MaGE), Manipal as Academic Consultant.
• April’07-Mar’11 with Sikkim Manipal University (SMU), Manipal as Discipline Head & Sr. Asst. Professor (Hospitality & Tourism) and with Manipal Global Education Services (MaGE), Manipal as Academic Consultant.
• Jul’06-Mar’07 with Manipal Universal Learning (MUL), Manipal as Asst. Manager (Academics).
iii) Jun’05-Jun’06 with Sarosh Institute of Hotel Administration (Nitte Education), Mangalore University, Mangalore as Assistant Professor (Rooms Division).
iv) Jul’02-May’05 with Dr. Morepen Laboratories Limited, New Delhi as Relationship Executive.
v) May’01-Jun’02 with The Leela Palace Kempinski, Bangalore (Hotel Leela Venture Ltd.) as Rooms Control Coordinator.
vi) 12 Months Practicum as a Professional Trainee in different hospitality organizations of repute.
FIH (UK), FMBRC (USA), FHIS (Malaysia), FCEGR (India), FABI (USA), FIIP (InSc), Ph.D. (VBU), MHM (AU), MTTM (MKU), MBA (BMI), BHM (MU), AMT (AIMA), CHML (USA), CHRM (ESSEC), COHE (AHA), MIMA, MISTE, MISTD.
Ph.D. in Management awarded by Vinoba Bhave University, Hazaribag, [Thesis - commended & acclaimed by ‘Union Ministry of Tourism, Govt. of India for its credibility, novelty, and asserted exploration].
Masters in Hotel Management (M.Sc. HM) from Acharya Institute of Management & Sciences-Bangalore, Annamalai University, Annamalainagar, 1st Class.
Masters in Tourism Management (MTM) from Soorya Institute of Management Studies-Puducherry, Madurai Kamaraj University, Madurai, 1st Class.
Bachelor of Hotel Management (BHM) from Srinivas College of Hotel Management-Mangalore, Mangalore University, Mangalore, 1st Class [First Batch of 4 years Degree Program in India].
Master of Business Administration from International Business Management Institute, Berlin.
Fellow Member - The Institute of Hospitality (formerly HCIMA), London.
Fellow Member - Management and Business Research Council (Open Association of Research Society), USA.
Fellow Member - Hospitality International Standards, Malaysia.
Fellow Member - Institute of Scholars (InSc) International Publishers, India.
Fellow Member - Centre for Education Growth and Research, India.
Certified Hotel Administrator (CHA) - American Hotel & Lodging Educational Institute (AHLEI), United States.
Certified Hospitality Manager: Leadership - AHLEI, Orlando, Florida, United States.
Accredited Management Teacher (AMT) - All India Management Association (AIMA), New Delhi.
Credentialed University Teacher - The University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong.
Trained Professional Teacher – The Commonwealth Education Trust, London.
Certified Microsoft Innovative Educator (CMIE) - Microsoft Corporation, USA.
Certified Online Hospitality Educator - American Hospitality Academy (AHA) & Online World Campus, Florida.
Certified in Coaching Skills - Harvard University (Harvard Business Publishing), United States.
Certified Online Teacher - Future Learn, London (jointly by The Open University, UK & Seek Limited, Melbourne.
Certified Online Tutor (Online Teaching/Tutoring/Learning) – Amity Online, Amity University, India.
Certified Vocational Trainer - City & Guilds, London.
Certified ‘EduNxt’ Faculty (a next generation Technology Infused Distributed Learning) - Manipal Education Group.
TOURISMx: Tourism and Travel Management from the University of Queensland, Australia.
International Vocational Qualification (IVQ) Diploma in Training Skills (Level 2) from City & Guilds, London.
Coaching Skills from Harvard University (Harvard Business Publishing), United States.
Professional Teaching – The Commonwealth Institute, London in collaboration with Cambridge University, UK.
Awards & Recognition:
i) Awarded “Corporate Hospitality Educator of the Year” under the category of country’s top Hospitality Leader by the most admired ‘IHE Excellence Award-2021’ on 25th September 2021 during "India-International Hospitality Expo.-2021”.
ii) Inducted into the Hall of Fame of the prestigious ‘Open Association of Research Society (OARS)’, United States and recognized as a Fellow of the Management and Business Research Council (FMBRC), awarded by the Hon’ble Chancellor & President of the prestigious OARS on Tuesday 6th of December 2022.
iii) Honored as “Top Inspirational Educators of the Country”; and featured among “Top 100 stories in prestigious JOURNEY Magazine” by Code Bharat & Robochamps, India.
iv) Honoured with Perficio Award as ‘Best Visionary Leader of the Year” by DHS Foundation (UPACRI-2022), India & University Malaysia Kelantan, Malaysia on 29th May 2022.
v) Awarded as Best Dean of Hospitality & Tourism
• Awarded as the “Best Dean of Hospitality & Tourism” in the “Global Hospitality & Tourism Leadership Award - 2022” conferred by Swami Vivekanand Subharti University, Meerut, India during the 7th International Conference on “Advanced Technologies & Innovations in Tourism & Hospitality Industry (ATITHI)” held on 3rd December 2022.
• Awarded the “Best Dean of the Year” by DHS Foundation (UPACRI-2021) & Perficio Award on 24th July 2021.
• Awarded as “Best Dean of Hospitality & Tourism” in the Global Leadership Award – 2021”, conferred by Swami Vivekanand Subharti University, Meerut, India during the 6th International Conference on “Advanced Technologies & Innovations in Tourism & Hospitality Industry (ATITHI) - 2021” on 10th April 2021.
vi) Union Ministry of Tourism, Government of India
• My Doctoral Research Thesis is awarded by MoT, GoI for its credibility, novelty & asserted exploration [by Economic Advisor & CEO, NCHMCT, Ministry of Tourism, Government of India dated June 11, 2019].
• Conferred “Commendation-Letter” for writing a good research paper [by Director (Tourism), GoI dated June 14, 2017].
vii) Department of Tourism, Govt. of Karnataka
• Received “Appreciation-Letter” for writing a commendable research paper [conferred by Principal Secretary to the Government of Karnataka dated October 26, 2017].
viii) Directorate of Tourism, Govt. of Bihar
• Received “Commendation-Letter” for writing an exceptionally good research paper [conferred by Director (Tourism), Government of Bihar dated October 13, 2017].
ix) Felicitated as ‘Guest of Honour’ in the National Seminar on ‘Analyzing Requirements of Training at the Entry Level in the Hospitality Industry’, organized by Administrative Management College, Bangalore University (March 15, 10).
x) Awarded ‘Excellence & Service’ by Christ University, Bangalore for ‘Participation & Presentation’ in the Professional Development Program on ‘Empowering Accommodation Management Educators & Professionals on Contemporary Hospitality Trends & Issues’ (July, 05).
xi) Recipient of ‘Educational Excellence Award - 2005’ in recognition of outstanding achievement in the Field of Education by Management Studies Promotion Institute, New Delhi.
xii) Felicitated with ‘Genius Millennium Award - 2002’ for excellence in CRM by All India Management Council, New Delhi.
Research, Publications & Patents:
Google Scholar Citation Index: https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=JvIEbLcAAAAJ&hl=en
SCOPUS Author ID: 56367498800
ORCID ID: 0000-0002-1889-3973
LinkedIn Profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/drrajivmishra23121978/
Published more than 60 Research Papers of repute in various Peer-Reviewed, Refereed, Scopus-Indexed International & National Journals including Book Chapters.
He has also initialized, peer-reviewed & instructionally designed 51 self-learning books for ‘Bachelor of Science in Hospitality & Catering Management’ and ‘Post Graduate Diploma in Travel & Tourism Management programs of Sikkim Manipal University, Gangtok.
Publications (Peer-Reviewed/Refereed/Scopus Indexed International Journals/Book Chapters/Patents):
• 7 in Scopus Indexed Int’l Journal
• 51 in International/National Journals
• 4 in Reference Books
• 3 in Int’l Conference Proceedings
• 6 in National Conference Proceedings
• 7 Patents
Resource Person & Guest Speakers:
• 6 National & State Level Seminars
• 2 International Symposium
• 2 State level Literary Competitions
• 10 International Symposiums
• 15 International/National Conference
• 2 State level seminars
• 30 Faculty Development programs
• 5 Executive Development Programs
Editorial Board Membership:
1. ‘Editorial Board Member’ of ‘David Publishing Company (DPC)’, Chicago, IL, USA.
2. ‘Reviewer’ in the ‘Editorial Review Board’ for Impact Journals, Ohio, USA for the Journal titled “International Journal of Research in Business Management” (ISSN: 2347-4572).
3. ‘Associate Editor’ of Gupta Publications, India for the journal titled “International Journal of Management and Commerce Studies”.
4. ‘Assistant Editor’ of Gupta Publications, India for the journal titled “International Journal of Commerce and Management Research” (ISSN: 2455-1627, Impact factor: RJIF 5.22).
5. Organizing Committee Member of ‘Higher Education Forum’, Taipei, Taiwan for organizing International Conferences.
1. Fellow Member of the ‘Institute of Hospitality’ (formerly Hotel & Catering International Management Association), London.
2. Accredited Management Teacher (AMT) [AMT1/06/15] - Conferred by ‘All India Management Association’, New Delhi.
3. Member of ‘International Council on Hotel, Restaurant & Institutional Education (ICHRIE [Asia Pacific CHRIE], USA.
4. Held the post of University Senate Representative in Mangalore University, Mangalore.
5. Life Member of ‘India Didactics Association’, New Delhi (Membership No.: IDA18M-84861).
6. Member (MIH) of the Institute of Hospitality (Formerly HCIMA), London.
7. Member (MIMA) of the All India Management Association, New Delhi.
8. Life Member of National Executive Committee of ‘Indian Tourism and Hospitality Congress (ITHC)’.
9. Life Member of Indian Hospitality Congress (IHC), Srinagar-Garhwal.
10. Life Member of the Indian Society for Training & Development (ISTD), New Delhi.
11. Life Member of Indian Society for Technical Education (ISTE), New Delhi.
12. Life Members of ‘Teaching and Education Research Association (TERA)’ - Eurasia Research.
13. Life Members of ‘Social Science and Humanities Research Association (SSHRA)’ - Eurasia Research.
14. Member of the Distinguished Research Board of Advisors of American Biographical Institute, USA.
15. Life Member of ‘Centre for Education Growth and Research (CEGR)’, New Delhi.
16. Fellow Member of the All India Management Council, New Delhi.
17. Patron Research Member (PRMSPI) & Fellow Management Member (FMMSPI) of Management S.P. Institute, Delhi.
18. Member of International Society for Hospitality Education (ISHE), Haldwani, Nainital.
19. Chartered Member of Rotary International, Manipal.
20. Life Member of Indian Red Cross Society (Voluntary Humanitarian Organization – through humanity to peace).
Area of Interest & Expertise:
• Hospitality & Tourism Management
• Academic Administration
• Academic Consulting
• Learning & Development
• Continuing Professional Development
• Technology Mediated Learning
• Curriculum Design & Development
• Instructional Designing
• Online & Web-based Learning
FIH (UK), FMBRC (USA), FHIS (Malaysia), FCEGR (India), FABI (USA), FIIP (InSc), PhD (VBU), MHM (AU), MTTM (MKU), MBA (BMI), BHM (MU), AMT (AIMA), CHML (USA), CHRM (ESSEC), COHE (AHA), MIMA, MISTE, MISTD