Mr Himanshu Sharma is an outgoing, dynamic and target oriented professional having a relentless drive to deliver more than just results. With over 19 years of rich experience of a keen planner, strategist and implementer he has a proven track record of having excellent communication and problem-solving skills with the ability to work in multi-cultural environment. Besides, he has the ability to lead, train, mentor and motivate team members to render the best service in terms of quality and time. He is pursuing Ph.D. in Management from Galgotias University. He completed his Masters in Tourism Management from IGNOU University, New Delhi and graduation from Banarsidas Chandiwala Institute of Hotel Management and Catering Technology, Delhi (I.P University). He has worked both in India and abroad in well reputed companies such as Hotel Oberoi Rajvilas (Jaipur), Maritime & Mercantile International Ltd (Emirates Group), Dubai, American Express Banking Corporation (New Delhi), IEC Institute of Hotel Management (Greater Noida), Old World Hospitality Ltd at Indian Habitat Centre (Delhi) to name a few. He is currently working as Professor in School of Hospitality and Tourism, Galgotias University.
He has a rich experience of over 20 plus years in the Hotel Industry and academics.
- Pursuing Ph.D. in Management from Galgotias University, Greater Noida
- Completed Masters in Tourism management (MTM)- Tourism in the year 2012 from IGNOU, New Delhi
- Completed 4 years Bachelor of Science in Hotel Management and Catering Technology from Banarsidas Chandiwala Institute of Hotel Management and Catering Technology, Delhi (I.P University)
Awards and Recognitions
- Certified Instructor of Managing Service in Food and beverage Operations for American Hotel & Lodging Educational Institute, U.S.A.
- Completed NPTEL course on “Enhancing Soft Skills and Personality” with a score of 95%.
- Received appreciation letter for conducting a workshop for 250+ on “Personality Development” at IHM, Rohtak in June2018.
- Participated in the National Seminar and presented a paper entitled “Women Empowerment in India” at Lajpat Rai College, Sahibabad (UGC sponsored).
- Participated in the National Seminar and presented a paper entitled “Guest Relationship Management” at Maharshi Dayanand University, Rohtak.
- Received highest rank in student satisfaction feedback report for 2010-2011
- Attended various workshops and FDP programs.
- Been external invigilator at various other colleges.
- Volunteered and participated in an 8 days workshop on Human Values at Sundernagar, H.P from 18-26 July 2013.
- Achieved “Best Faculty” Award in IEC Group of Institutions in 2010-11.
- Awarded Train the Trainer Certificate by Maritime & Mercantile International Ltd (Emirates Group), Dubai.
- Completed a program in “Food Safety “conducted by Dubai Municipality.
- Awarded “Employee for the month” in Hotel Oberoi Rajvilas, Jaipur in 2004.
- Completed a course in “Quality Management Program” from NIIT.
- Completed a short term course from the British High Commission in Conversation Skills.
- Published chapter in book “Hospitality and Tourism Industry amid Covid19 Pandemic”. Chapter titled: “A Study on the Challenges Faced by the Hotel and its Employees and Strategies to Overcome Post COVID-19”. (ISBN No: 978-81-951936-0-8).
- Published two chapters in the book “Tourism and Hospitality-Perspectives, Patterns and Practices”. Chapters titled: “The impact and challenges of hospitality sector post Covid19” and Operational Considerations for Hotel Industry post Covid-19”. (ISBN No: 978-81-949793-4-0).
- Published chapter in book “Tourism and Hospitality-Perspectives, Patterns and Practices”. Chapter titled: “A Cultural Walk of Indian Folk Dances”. (ISBN No: ISBN: 978-81-949793-4-0)
- Research paper published on the topic of “A case study to implementing Green Management Initiatives by Hotel Industry and Government in Delhi/NCR” in Subharti university, Meerut. (ISBN: 978-81-943642-8-3)
- Research paper published on the topic of “Employment opportunities and challenges in Hospitality Industry” in the book - Hospitality Management Education in India by Bharti Publications, New Delhi. (ISBN No: 978-93-89657-07-4).
- Written and presented paper on “Training and Development in Hospitality Industry” in 2nd International conference organised by Le Cordon Bleu School of hospitality, G.D Goenka University, Gurgaon.(ISBN : 978-81-933475-2-2)
- Written and presented paper on “Tourism Security and Safety” in an international conference on Hospitality and Tourism organised by Graphics Era University. ISBN: 978-93-85642-06-7
- Written and presented paper on “Under representation of females in gender leadership: A study”” in an international conference on Hospitality and Tourism organised by Graphics Era University. ISBN: 978-93-85642-06-7
- Written and presented paper on “Use of Science and Technology” in international conference organised by Le Cordon Bleu School of hospitality, G.D Goenka University, Gurgaon.(ISBN : 978-93-85777-53-0)
- Written and presented paper at Amity University "Empowerment- A Tool to Deliver Customer Delight in the Hospitality Industry “.
- Written and presented paper on “An overview of Tourism and Hotel business in India" at Kurukshetra University.
Area of Interest
- Food and Beverage Service
- Personality Development Program