Dr. Vishal Singh is currently working as Professor in School of Basic and Applied Sciences. He has total experience of more than 9 years of teaching Mathematics and has been associated with Galgotias University since Nov, 2014. He is firm Believer of productivity and efficiency in work. He Exhibits an honest work ethic with the ability to excel in fast-paced, time-sensitive environment. Being a passionate teacher, He believes that teaching is not merely restricted to making the students understand the underlying concepts of a course but also to develop critical thinking and evaluate alternate approaches for problem solving. He always put his efforts towards the overall developments of his students. The thrust of his research work has been to study the ecological and epidemiological systems using mathematical models. He started my research with modeling and analysis of spread and control of carrier dependent infectious diseases. Next, He has studied the role of Awareness Programs in controlling Infectious diseases. Further, He has proposed some models to study the dynamics of the spread and control of water borne diseases like cholera in the population. In these models, effect of various control interventions such as awareness programs, disinfectants, etc., have also been explored. Next, He has explored the Deformation and Thermal disturbance in a twinned orthorhombic material due to thermal excitations. Presently, He is working on a model to capture the Impacts of human’s activities on the persistence of extinct species as well as dynamics of crime against women in a society.
- 10 years of teaching experience
- PhD (BHU-Varanasi)
- M.Sc. (BHU-Varanasi)
Award & Recognition
- Research and Innovation Award- 2021-22 Given by Galgotias University
- Research and Innovation Award- 2019-20 Given by Galgotias University
- Secured all India rank 60 in the subject of Mathematical Sciences under Eligibility for Lectureship (NET) category only.
- Availed U.G.C. fellowship for B.H.U. Research ScholarAvailed DST- JRF in Mathematics.
- Secured first rank on Science Competition during Undergraduate Program
- Secured first rank in district level painting competition organised by Forest Department, Bahraich.
- He has presented Research papers in various National and International conferences & has Published 6 research papers in various National, international journals. He has also published two Indian patents.
- Expert of four days workshop on “Computational and Graphical tools” conducted by Division of Mathematics, SBAS, Galgotias University during 22nd to 25th March, 2023.
- Expert of one week FDP on “Scilab and its Applications” conducted by IIT-Guwahati during 4th to 8th Nov, 2019.
- Expert of Training program on “Python and Machine Learning” for School of Basic and Applied Sciences.
- Participated in the Training Programme on “Outcome Based Education” organized by ESCI during Dec. 13-20, 2017.
- Participated in QIP-Short Term Course organized by AICTE, New Delhi on “Algebra, Analysis & Application” at Deptt. Of Mathematical Sciences, IIT- BHU During July 3-9, 2017.
Area of Interest
- Mathematical Modelling
- Non-Linear Dynamical System
- Population Dynamics
- Mathematical Ecology