Dr. Sudhir Kumar Singh is currently a Professor in the Department of Mechanical Engineering at Galgotias University Greater Noida. His academic publications have appeared in many International scholarly Journals and Conferences. He has successfully guided four researchers to Master's degrees and 3 researchers pursuing a Ph.D. under his guidance from Galgotias University Dr. Singh has conducted and attended a variety of seminars and FDPs. He received 5 certificates related to Outcome-based Education and Curriculum from NPTEL. His research interests are focused on performance measurement of Solar and coal-based power plants, Optimization in Energy Systems. Dr. Sudhir Kumar Singh is also associated with various professional bodies
- 25 years of teaching experience
- Ph.D. (Mechanical Engineering) from N.I.T. Kurukshetra, India awarded in March 2016.
- MTech. (Engineering System) from Dayal Bagh Education Institute, Agra, in the year 1997
- B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering from Dr. Baba Shaheb Ambedkar University, Aurangabad, Maharashtra in the year 1995.
Award & Recognition
- Certificate of appreciation in Research and Innovation Awards 2019 and 2022 at Galgotias University.
- Jury member in Toycathon 2022 organized by AICTE and hosted by Galgotias University.
- Member of purchasing committee in Smart India Hackathon (SIH 2022) organized by AICTE and hosted by Galgotias University.
- Member of the International Conference's Technical Committee in foreign countries
- Technical Session chair at various International Conference
- PPh.D.External Examiner in Various University
- International/National Journals
- Manvendra Yadav;,L. A. Kumaraswamidhas, Sudhir Kumar Singh“Investigation of solid particle erosion behavior of Al-Al2O3 and Al-ZrO2 metal matrix composites fabricated through powder metallurgy technique, Tribology International, Volume 172, August 2022, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.triboint.2022.107636
- Sudhir Kumar Singh, B.P. Agrawal, Brahma Nand Agrawal, Kaushalendra.Kr Dubey, S.K. Sharma, and R.K. Phanden: Drag reduction of TVS Scooty using a windshield for the rider comfort improvement. International Journal Vehicle Structures and Systems 12(5), 498-502 (2020). DOI:10.4273/ijvss.12.5.02.
- Sudhir Kumar Singh “Cellular De-manufacturing Model in a Railway Industry: Reusability of End-Of-Life”, Components. Journal of Emerging Technologies and Innovative Research (JETIR), Volume 6, Issue 1, January 2019, ISSN-2349-5162
- Sudhir Kumar Singhand Bajpai, V.K., 2014, “Measurement of Operational and Environmental Performance of the Coal-Fired Power Plants In India by Using Data Envelopment Analysis”, International Journal of Social, Education, Economics and Management Engineering, Vol.8, Issue 12,pp. 3701-3710,
- Sudhir Kumar Singh, Bajpai, V.K. and Garg, T.K., 2013, “Measuring productivity change in Indian coal-fired electricity generation: 2003-2010”, International Journal of Energy Sector Management, Vol.7, Issue1, pp.46-64. https://doi.org/10.1108/17506221311316470
- Sudhir Kumar Singh, and Bajpai, V.K., 2013, “Estimation of operational efficiency and its determinants using DEA: The case of Indian coal-fired power plants”, International Journal of Energy Sector Management, Vol.7, Issue 4, pp.409-429. https://doi.org/10.1108/IJESM-03-2013-0009
- Sudhir Kumar Singhand Bajpai, V.K., 2010, “Options and Barriers in Implementation of DSM in Industries”, NIET Journal of Engineering, Vol; 1, issue; autumn 2010, pp.01-06.
(B) International/National Conferences
- Sudhir Kumar Singh, Bajpai, V.K., and Sharma, Seema, 2010, “Energy Efficiency Evaluation of Thermal Power Plants in India using Data Envelopment Analysis”, Proceeding of the International Conference on Advances in Renewable Energy (ICARE-303),MANIT, Bhopal (MP), 24-26 June, 2010, pp-.601-614.
- Saurabh,K, Sudhir Kumar Singh, Tripathi, A.M., and Sharma,S.,2012, “Finite Element Analysis of Hard Turning: a Review, Proceeding of the International Conference on Manufacturing Excellence, (MANFEX 2012), Amity University, Noida, 29- 30 March, 2012, pp.26-29.
- Sudhir Kumar Singh, Bajpai, V.K. and Garg, T.K., 2011 “Performance assessment of thermal power plants using multivariate analysis”, Proceeding of the National Conference on Manufacturing Excellence 2011, (MANFEX-2011), Amity University, Noida, 03- 04 March, 2011, pp-107-111.
- Sudhir Kumar Singh, Bajpai, V.K. and Garg, T.K., 2011 “Measuring Energy Efficiency using DEA: The case of Thermal Power Plant”, Proceeding of the National Conference on Emerging Vistas of Mechanical Engineering in 21st Century (EVME-2011), Anand Engineering College, Agra ,04-05 ‘’April, 2011,pp-370-374.
- Sudhir Kumar Singh., 1998, “Reduction in Musculo-Skeletal Disorders of M.M / T.A Engineer by Computerized Physiological and Human Factor Studies”, Proceeding of the Sixth National Conference on Bio-Mechanics, MANIT Bhopal, 14-16, January 1998.
(c) Book Chapters:
- Sudhir Kumar Singh, Tafhim Eqbal and Vaibhav Gupta, Static and Fatigue Analysis of Boiler Shell with Circumferential Riveted Joint. (Communicated)
- Rahul Jain, Sudhir Kumar Singh, Rajeev Kumar Upadhyay, Additive Manufacturing: A state of art review, Springer. (Under Publication)
- Sudhir Kumar Singh, Kumar, D., Jha, G.K., Nain, P.K.S. (2022). Design and Analysis of Overhead Ambulance. Springer, Singapore. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-16-9613-8_49.
- Bhadouria, S., Agrawal, B.N., Sudhir Kumar Singh., Nain, P.K.S. (2022). Study and Modal Analysis of Induction Motor by Using ANSYS. Springer, Singapore. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-16-9613-8_47.
- Singh, A.R., Sudhir Kumar Singh., Jain, S. (2022). Effect of Biodiesel on Engine Performance and Emissions. Springer, Singapore. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-16-8341-1_31.
- Anna Raj Singh, Sudhir Kumar Singh, Siddharth Jain “A review on bioenergy and bio fuel production” Elsevier, Materials Today. 2021.https://doi.org/10.1016/j.matpr.2021.03.212.
- Agrawal, B.N., Sinha, S., Sudhir Kumar Singh, Dubey, K.K., Kumar, M. (2021). An Experimental Study on Performance Parameters of Diesel Engine Fueled with Blends of Diesel Fuel and Linseed Biodiesel. Springer, Singapore. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-16-0159-0_23.
- Dubey, K.K., Sharma, K., Mishra, R., Sudhir Kumar Singh., Agarwal, B.N. (2021). Theoretical Analysis of Isentropic and Alternative Refrigerant Based Cooling System and Low Carbon Economy. Springer, Singapore. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-33-4320-7_28.
- Agrawal, B.P., Ghosh, P.K., Sudhir Kumar Singh., Satapathy, S.N. (2020). Investigation on Effects of Deposition Characteristics on Weld Quality During PCGMAW. Springer, Singapore. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-15-2647-3_25
- ICT in Teaching and Learning
- Body language: Key to Professional Success
- Fundamentals of Outcome-based Curriculum in Engineering Education
- Teaching and Learning in Engineering (TALE)
- Course Design and Instruction for Engineering Courses (TALE2)
- Designing learner-centric e-learning in STEM disciplines
- Accreditation and Outcome-based Learning
- Effective Engineering Teaching in Practice
Area of Interest
- Solar and coal-based power plant
- Optimization in Energy Systems.
- Program Chair, Mechanical engineering Department at Galgotias University, Greater Noida, India during November 2021 – Till Date
- Member, Board of Studies, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Galgotias University, Greater Noida from January 2017 till date.
- NAAC – Criteria 2 and Criteria 7 Coordinator In charge - Department of Mechanical Engineering, Galgotias University
- NBA Coordinator, School of Mechanical Engineering, Galgotias University, Greater Noida
- Dean in Skyline Institute of Engineering and Technology, from March 2016 to May 2017.
- Dean First Year B.Tech. in Skyline Institute of Engineering and Technology, from June 2012 till date.
- HOD Mechanical Engg. in Skyline Institute of Engineering and Technology from October 2009 to June 2012.
- Center Superintendent for UPTU Exams during December 2004-05 & May-2007.
- Co-coordinator UPSEE counselling held at Skyline Institute of Engineering and Technology in from 2006 to 2008.