Dr. Srasti Yadav is currently working as an Assistant Professor of Chemistry in School of Basic and Applied Sciences. She has recently started teaching chemistry and associated with Galgotias University since December, 2022. She has completed her B.Sc. and M.Sc. from University of Allahabad, Prayagraj. After that she pursued PhD degree in Chemistry from MNNIT Allahabad, Prayagraj. She has published 02 research and 02 review papers and 01 book chapter in reputed SCI and peer-reviewed journals. She has actively participated in numerous national/international workshops/conferences conducted by reputed organizations. Being a passionate teacher, she believes that teaching is not merely restricted to making the students understand the underlying concepts of a course but also to develop critical thinking and evaluate alternate approaches for problem solving.
Doctor of Philosophy (PhD): Department of Chemistry, Motilal Nehru National Institute of Technology Allahabad (MNNIT Allahabad)
Thesis Title: Multicomponent based Chitosan Nanocomposite Films for Active Food Packaging
Master of Science (MSc): Department of Chemistry, University of Allahabad, Prayagraj
Bachelor of Science (BSc): University of Allahabad, Prayagraj
Award & Recognition
- Qualified, GATE 2016.
- Qualified, CSIR-UGC JRF 2017.
- Qualified, Combined Research Entrance Test (CRET)-2015, University of Allahabad.
- Got best poster presentation award in Chitosan Symposium & Society's Annual Meeting-2018 to be held at CSIR-National Chemical Laboratory, Pune during 11th to 13th October, 2018.
She has presented research papers in various National and International conferences & 05 number of research and review papers are published in reputed SCI international Journals:
- Srasti Yadav, G. K. Mehrotra, Prabha Bhartiya, Anu Singh, & P. K. Dutta. “Preparation, Physicochemical and Biological Evaluation of Quercetin based Chitosan-gelatin film for Food Packaging”. Carbohydrate Polymers, 227 (2020), 115348. I. F.- 10.7
- Srasti Yadav, G. K. Mehrotra and P. K. Dutta “Chitosan based ZnO nanoparticles loaded gallic-acid films for active food packaging”. Food Chemistry, 334 (2020), 127605. I. F.- 9.2
- P. K. Dutta, Srasti Yadav, and G. K. Mehrotra “Modified Chitosan Films/Coatings for Active Food Packaging, Book Chapter: Advances in Polymer Sciences (2021).
- Srasti Yadav, G. K. Mehrotra and P. K. Dutta “Chitosan for Food Packaging: A Systematic Approach”. Asian Chitin Journal 17(1), 1-12 (2021).
- Srasti Yadav and P. K. Dutta “CoVID-19 & conspiracy on food and chitosan for food packaging”. Asian Chitin Journal 16 (1), 17-22 (2020).
- Submitted abstract on “Preparation, Characterization and Antibacterial Activity of Chitosan-PVA-Ni Nano-composite Film” for Poster Presentation in International Conference on Biotechnological aspects of Chitosan and Chitooligosaccharides (ICBACC) and 6th Indian Chitin Chitosan Society Symposium (ICCSS)-2017, 21st-22nd September, 2017 at School of Life Sciences, University of Hyderabad.
- Submitted abstract on “Preparation, Physicochemical Characterization and Biological Evaluation of Chitosan-gelatin film incorporated with Gallic-acid loaded Starch Nanoparticles for Food Application” for Poster Presentation in the Indian Chitin and Chitosan Symposium & Society's Annual Meeting-2018 to be held at CSIR-National Chemical Laboratory, Pune during 11th to 13th October, 2018. Got Best Poster Presentation award for this work.
- Submitted abstract on “Chitosan based films with ZnO Nanoparticles loaded Gallic- acid for Active Food Packaging” for Poster Presentation in the 8th Indian Chitin Chitosan Society Symposium (ICCSS) 19th–20th September, 2019 at Institute of Chemical Technology, Mumbai.
- Experimental Techniques for Nanomagnetic Materials – (ETNM 2017) at Motilal Nehru National Institute of Technology, Allahabad during 30th -4th October, 2017.
- X-ray Absorption Spectroscopy and its Application to Nanomaterials (XASAN-2017) at Motilal Nehru National Institute of Technology, Allahabad during 21th-28th December-2017.
- Attended workshop on Nanomedicine with Nanoparticle-based diagnostics and therapy-2017, at Motilal Nehru National Institute of Technology, Allahabad during 6th-10th November -2017.
- National Conference on Advanced Nanomaterials and their Applications (ANA2018), at Motilal Nehru National Institute of Technology, Allahabad during 21th-23rd Decemember-2018.
- National Conference on Polymers: Usefulness and Current Concerns at Motilal Nehru National Institute of Technology, Allahabad during 23rd-24th Decemember2018.
Capability in interpretation and understanding the characterizations techniques such as FT-IR, XRD, UV-visible spectroscopy, DLS, SEM.
Computer Proficiency & Software
Microsoft office, Origin, ChemDraw, Graph Pad Prism, Adobe Photoshop, etc.