Dr. Sohini Rajput is currently working as an Assistant Professor of Mathematics in School of Basic Sciences. She has recently started teaching mathematics and associated with Galgotias University since August, 2022. She has completed her B.Sc. from Banaras Hindu University and M.Sc. from IIT ISM Dhanbad, Jharkhand. After that she pursued PhD degree in Applied Mathematics from IIT ISM Dhanbad, Jharkhand. She has published 04 research papers in reputed SCI and peer-reviewed journals. She has actively participated in numerous national/international workshops/conferences conducted by reputed organizations. Being a passionate teacher, she believes that teaching is not merely restricted to making the students understand the underlying concepts of a course but also to develop critical thinking and evaluate alternate approaches for problem solving.
Doctor of Philosophy (PhD): Department of Mathematics and Computing, IIT ISM Dhanbad, Jharkhand.
Thesis Title: Mathematical Study of Groundwater Contamination Problem in Aquifer
Master of Science (MSc): Department of Mathematics and Computing, IIT ISM Dhanbad, Jharkhand.
Bachelor of Science (BSc): Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi.
Google scholar: https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=1O-J3oEAAAAJ&hl=en
Award & Recognition
- Selected for DST-INSPIRE Scholarship- (July 2012).
- Grand Research Fellowship by Indian Institute of Technology (ISM), Dhanbad.
She has presented research papers in various National and International conferences in reputed SCI international Journals:
- Mritunjay Kumar Singh, Sohini Rajput, Rakesh Kumar Singh (2021), Study of 2D contaminant transport with depth varying input source in a groundwater reservoir, Water Supply (IWA Publication), Vol. No. 21, pp. 1464-1480.
- Mritunjay Kumar Singh, Sohini Rajput (2021), Study of Pollutant Dispersion in Finite Layers of Semi-infinite Geological Formation, Pollution (University of Tehran), Vol. No. 7, pp. 257-274.
- Sohini Rajput, Mritunjay Kumar Singh (2021), Off-Diagonal Dispersion Effect with Pollutant Migration in Groundwater System, Journal of Engineering Mechanics (ASCE Publication), Vol. No. 147, pp.
- Sohini Rjput, Mritunjay Kumar Singh (2022), Fractal Dispersion Pollutant Transport Modeling with Spatially Varying Sorption and Degradation Effect, Journal of Environmental Engineering (ASCE Publication), Vol. No. 148, pp.
- GIAN course on fractional derivatives and its applications organized by Department of Mathematical Sciences, IIT (BHU), Varanasi, Jan 30 to Feb 03, 2018.
- Science Academy’s Refresher Course on Concept of Fluid Dynamics and Applications, 25 June - 6 July, 2018. Department of Mathematics & Computing, Indian Institute of Technology (ISM) Dhanbad.
- GIAN course work on “Geo-informatics and Geo-computational Modelling for water Resources engineering and Environmental science”. Civil Department, Indian Institute of Technology (ISM) Dhanbad.
- International Workshop on “Fractional Derivatives: Theory & Computations with Applications (FDTCA 2021)” Department of Mathematical Sciences, Indian Institute of Technology (BHU) Varanasi during November 12-14, 2021 in online mode.
- Participated and presented a research paper entitled “Analytical solution for point source contaminant with temporally dependent coefficients in semi-infinite Homogeneous porous media”, in the International conference on Applied and Computational Mathematics-2018 (ICACM-2018) organized by IIT Kharagpur.
- Participated and presented a research paper entitled “Analysis of variable advection-dispersion in multispecies pollutant transport modelling”, in the National conference on Frontier of modern Physics (NCFMP 2021) organized by Adamas University Kolkata.
Hydrodynamics, Hydrologic and Water Resources Modelling
Computational Mathematics, Computational fluid Dynamics
Numerical Methods: Finite difference scheme, Finite Element method
Computer Proficiency & Software
- Operating systems: Linux, Windows.
- Programming: C, C++, Shell programming.
- Scientific software: Matlab, Mathematica.
- Text and Image editing software: MS Office, Power Point, LaTex, Photoshop.