Dr. Shruti Mishra is currently working as Assistant Professor in the School of Biological and Life Sciences. She has total experience of more than 1.5 years after obtaining her PhD degree. She has been associated with Galgotias University since 2022. She received her PhD from Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi. During her graduate school her Research work was focused to investigate the details of host protein and viral protein interaction. Her research acumen and inclination in various disciplines such as Biotechnology, Virology, Molecular Biology, Microbiology, Immunology, and Cell signalling. She is experienced in various techniques like Yeast two hybrid assay, Surface Plasmon Resonance, Biolayer Interferometry, in-vitro binding assay, Co-localization, Co-immunoprecipitation, flow cytometry, fluorescent microscopy, gene expression analysis, Western blotting and molecular docking and MD Simulation.
She has completed various training and workshops conducted by highly reputed organizations including DRDO, ICAR-IASRI etc. She has published more than 10 research/review articles in reputed SCI/SCI-E/SCOPUS and peer-reviewed journals and presented her research work at several international and national conferences in India and abroad. She is also one of the recipients of the renowned Travel Fellowship Award (Young Investigator) of Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, for conference organized in Singapore, 2019 by ISIRV society.
6.5 years Research Experience
1 year teaching Experience
- D. Biotechnology
- Tech Biotechnology
- Tech Biotechnology.
Area of Interest
- Host-Pathogen Interaction
- Docking and Molecular Dynamics simulations studies
- Anti-viral therapy and drug designing
- Cell signalling studies
Award & Recognition
- Recipient of the OPTIONS X Travel Fellowship Award (Young Investigator) of Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, for conference organized in Singapore, 2019 by ISIRV society.
- CSIR-Junior Research Fellowship/ Senior Research Fellowship (2015-2020)
- All India rank 33 in NET (JRF) national level exam Conducted by CSIR-UGC, Dec 2014.
- All India rank 297 in Graduate Aptitude Test (GATE) 2013- Biotechnology.
She has Published more than 10 Papers Research papers in various National, international reputed SCI/SCI-E/SCOPUS and peer-reviewed journals and also presented in several National and International conferences.
List of Publications
- Mishra S, Goyal P, Kumar D, Chaudhari R, Rajala MS. Experimental validation of influenza A virus matrix protein (M1) interaction with host cellular alpha enolase and pyruvate kinase. Virology. 2020 Oct; 549:59-67. doi: 10.1016/j.virol.2020.07.019. Epub 2020 Aug 6. PMID: 32841760.
- Mishra S, Pandey A, Manvati S. Coumarin: An emerging antiviral agent. Heliyon. 2020 Jan 1;6(1): e03217.
- Pandey A, Chaturvedi M, Mishra S, Kumar P, Somvanshi P, Chaturvedi R. Reductive metabolites of curcumin and their therapeutic effects. Heliyon. 2020 Nov 1;6(11): e05469.
- Lochab, S. Mishra, N. Singh, S. Angmo, N. Raghuram. Understanding the role of PII protein in Arthrospira platensis PCC 7345, FEMS-2602, Microbial genomics, evolution, phylogeny, abstract published at 6th Congress of European Microbiologists, at MECC, Maastricht, The Netherlands in 2015.
- “Validation of Influenza A Virus Nucleoprotein Interaction with Host Cellular Nucleolin” presented at International Conference of Virology (VIROCON 2020), February 18-20, 2020 at INSA, New Delhi
- “Influenza A virus Nucleoprotein and host cellular Nucleolin interaction in virus replication” presented at OPTIONS X, held in SUNTECH city, Singapore, 2019 by ISIRV society.
- “Identification of functional domains of Influenza A virus Nucleoprotein interacting with host cellular Nucleolin” presented at National Science Day, February 28, 2017, held at JNU, New Delhi, India.
- Participated in 5th Molecular Virology Meeting, February 11-12, 2017, held at THSTI, NCR Biotech Science Cluster, Faridabad, Haryana, India.
- Organized and presented poster at annual symposium “BIOEPOCH” from 2015-2019 at School of Biotechnology, JNU, New Delhi, India.
- Participated in Indo-UK joint seminar on ‘Stem cell in Drug Discovery and Development’, 21 -23 Jan 2013 sponsored jointly by Royal Society, United Kingdom and Department of Science and Technology, Ministry of Science and Technology, Government of India.
- Participated in Rio+20 India Program, United Nations Conference on Sustainable Development 2012 ‘Short term Course in Sustainable Development’ and was awarded excellence Grade ‘A’.