Dr. Savitri Tiwari is currently working as Assistant Professor in School of Biological and Lifesciences at Galgotias University. She has total experience of more than 8 years of teaching and research in Biochemistry and has been associated with Galgotias University since 2022. She has expertise in area of Parasite biology, biochemistry and Immunodiagnostics. She has completed post-doc (ICMR-PDF) in parasite-host biology division at National Institute of Malaria Research (ICMR-NIMR) New Delhi, INDIA. She has published 10 research paper and 2 book chapters in SCI-Index, peer reviewed journals. She always put her efforts towards the overall developments of her students.
- 8 years of Research and teaching experience.
- Ph.D. Department of Biochemistry, Institute of Science, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh, India (Sept 2017); Thesis Title: “Characterization of thioredoxin reductase in filarial parasite”.
- Post Doc: ICMR-PDF fellowship (2018-2021) project entitled- Proteomic profiling of thioredoxin superfamily proteins in falciparum: therapeutic and biomarker target analysis. National Institute of Malaria Research, Sector-8 Dwarka, New Delhi.
- ICMR-RA project entitled: ‘’Development of personalized radiation treatment using radiogenomics based radiation toxicity prediction model in head neck squamous cell carcinoma (HNSCC)’’ (26 June- 24 Nov 2021).
Award & Recognition
- GATE (2011) - 97% percentile in life sciences
- UGC Research Fellowship (2013-2017) in Department of Biochemistry, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi
- CSIR-SRF (2017) in Department of Biochemistry, Banaras Hindu University. Varanasi
- MALDI mass sequencing and biochemical characterization of Setaria cervi protein tyrosine phosphatase, Reeta Rai, Neetu Singh, Srikanth Elesela, Savitri Tiwari, Sushma Rathaur, Parasitology research, 112, 1, 147-154, 2013.Impect factor 2.8
- Effect of CDNB on filarial thioredoxin reductase: A proteomic and biochemical approach. Savitri Tiwari, Mohit Wadhawan, Neetu Singh, Sushma Rathaur, Journal of Proteomics,113, 435- 446, 2015. Impact factor 3.9
- Inhibition of Setaria cervi protein tyrosine phosphatases by Phenylarsine oxide: A proteomic and biochemical study, Neetu Singh, Mohit Wadhawan, Savitri Tiwari, Ranjeet Kumar, Sushma Rathaur, Acta trop, 159: 20-8, 2016. Impact actor 3.6
- Identification and characterization of a novel prolyl oligopeptidase in filarial parasite Setaria cervi. Mohit Wadhawan, Savitri Tiwari, Shweta Sharma, Sushma Rathaur. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017 Dec 19. pii: S0006-291X(17)32487-7. doi: 10.1016/j.bbrc.2017.12.093. Impact factor 3.8
- Structure Insights and Fibrinogen Peptides Molecular Recognition by Bothrombin, A Snake Venom Serine Protease from Bothropus jararaca. Reetesh Kumar* and Savitri Tiwari. European Journal of Experimental Biology. 2017: (7):5:32. DOI: 10.21767/2248-9215.10003
- Screening of Antimalarial Medicines Quality across Selected Sites in India. Baljinder K. Sandhu1, Sakshi, Hari Shankar, Naseem Ahmed, Roma Rana, M. K. Das, Sagya Singh, Sartha Das, Savitri Tiwari, Neera Kapoor, Neelima Mishra. International Journal of Research in Engineering, Science and Management. International Journal of Research in Engineering, Science and Management Volume-2, Issue-2, February-2019 www.ijresm.com | ISSN (Online): 2581-5792. Impact actor 7
Redox interactome in malaria parasite P. falciparum. Authors: Savitri Tiwari, Nivedita Sharma, Guru Prasad Sharma, Neelima Mishra.* Parasitology Research. DOI:10.1007/s00436-021-07051-
Parasitol Res. 2021 Feb;120(2):423-434. doi: 10.1007/s00436-021-07051-9. Impact actor 2.8
- Understanding Mutations in Human SARS-CoV-2 Spike Glycoprotein: A Systematic Review & Meta-Analysis. coprotein: A Systematic Review & Meta-Analysis. Reetesh Kumar1,2,*,Yogesh Srivastava3,Pandiyan Muthuramalingam 4,Sunil Kumar Singh 5,Geetika Verma 2,Savitri Tiwari 6 and Rajeev K. Tyagi 9, Viruses 2023, 15(4), 856; https://doi.org/10.3390/v15040856. Impact actor 5.8
- In silico evalution of natural compounds to conform antigyrase activity. Reetesh Kumar, Yogesh Srivastava, Somnath Maji, Seemab Siddiqui, Rajeev Kumar Tyagi, Pandiyan Muthuramalingam, Sunil Kumar Singh, Savitri Tiwari. The Nucleus. https://doi.org/10.1007/s13237-023-00426- Impact actor 1.3
- Membership in Parasitology society of India
Area of Interest
More than 8 years of research experience in various fields such as Parasite Immunobiology, Cell culture, Immunodiagnostics and antimalarial drug resistance.
- Animal, bacterial and plant cell culture expertise.
- Molecular Biology techniques like DNA isolation, RNA isolation, PCR, qRT-PCR etc
- Biochemical techniques including Protein Purification, SDS-PAGE, Western Blotting, Enzymological studies.
- Immunological techniques ELISA, Immunohistochemistry.
Book: Advances in medico-veterinary parasitology: an indian perspective panima Publishing Corporation Delhi ISBN: 81-8653-580-2, 392-416&436-458.
Chapter 20: Role of thioredoxin and glutathione redox system in bovine filarial parasite Setaria cervi. 392-416. Savitri Tiwari, Mohit Wadhawan, Smita Yadav, Sushma Rathaur.
Chapter 22: Mode of action of anti-filarial parasite: A biochemical approach 436-458. Mohit Wadhawan, Ranjeet Kumar, Smita Yadav, Savitri Tiwari, Neetu Singh, Sushma Rathaur.436-458.
Seminar and Conferences
- Attended National Symposium cum workshop on Bioinformatics for medical research 20-21 January 2017 in Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (PGIMER) Chandigarh.
- Participated hands on workshop on FLOW Cytometer with application in clinical parasitology held at advanced Instrumentation Research facility (AIRF), Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU) New Delhi from Sept 26-27 2019.
- Oral presentation in Tropacon UP-UK 2019 Chapter of Indian Academy of Tropical Parasitology: Department of Microbiology, Teer Thanker Mahaveer University (TMU), Moradabad (18-19Oct) entitled: Antimalarial activity of Malaria box compounds against thioredoxin proteins of P. falciparum.
- Participated on the workshop on Bacterial genome identification, sequencing and characterization, organised by centre for innovation in infectious diseases research, education and training (CIIDRET) university of Delhi, south campus.
- SMT. Radha Mukherji travel grant: 4th UP&UK Chapter of Indian Academy of Tropical Parasitology: Department of Microbiology, TMU, Moradabad (18-19Oct2019) UP, INDIA.
- Visiting faculty in UIS department at Chandigrh university, Mohali, Panjab (1 DEC 2021 to 31 March 2022).
- Co-ordinator of Faculty Development Program on the topic ‘Interdisciplinary Aspects of Life Sciences for Translational Research: Opportunity and Challenges’. 24th-28th JANUARY, 2023 at30:am-4:30 pm organised by Division of LifeSciences, Department of BioSciences, School of Basic and Applied Sciences, Galgotias University, Greater Noida, UP, INDIA.