Dr. Niky Kumari is currently working as an Assistant Professor in the School of Liberal Education. She has expertise in digital media and social media. She is also technically skilled and has knowledge of Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, and SPSS. She is an alumnus of the prestigious institution of India Indian Institute of Mass Communication (IIMC, JNU Campus, Delhi). She has a keen interest in professional communication.
- Ph.D. in mass communication from Aligarh Muslim University. The research title of my Ph.D. thesis is ‘Impact of social media on mainstream media’s news production’.
- UGC NET qualified.
- Post-graduation in journalism & mass communication.
- Graduated in Computer Applications (done B.C.A.).
Area of Interest
- New Media/Social Media
- Communication Theory Research
- Content Writing/Blogs Writing
- Implications of Social Media Usage in News Production of Hindi Mainstream Media: Interview of News Editors [Published in a UGC recognized Journal ‘Communicator’, ISSN: 05888093, Vol. LIII (4), October-December 2018, pp. 158-172].
- Citing Social Media as a News Source in Mainstream Media: An Analysis of Indian Newspapers [Published in a UGC recognized Journal ‘International Journal of Communication and Media Studies’, ISSN: 22500014, Vol. 9(3), June 2019, pp. 37-50].
- A Study on Journalistic Use of Social Media [Published in Amity Journal of Media & Communication Studies, ISSN: 22311033, Vol. 8(1), March 2018].
- A Study of Twitter Trends on Gauri Lankesh Murder [Published in Indian Journal of Communication Review, ISSN: 2454-9339, Vol. 6(1), March 2018, pp. 13-26].
- Journalistic Usage of Social Media and It’s Professional Implications [Published in Indian Journal of Communication Review, ISSN: 2454-9339, Vol. 6(1), March 2018, pp. 91-104].
- A book chapter published titled ‘Artificial Intelligence: The Future of Journalism’ in an edited book ‘Artificial Intelligence and Digital World’.
- Paper Presentation in a national seminar supported by ICSSR titled ‘Citing Social Media as a News Source’.
- Presented a paper on health Communication in 17th Indian Science Communication Congress 2017.
- Presented a paper in an International Conference on ‘Social Media: a tool of spreading hatred’ in Manav Rachna International University.
- Presented a paper in an ICSSR sponsored national seminar on ‘Implications of social media usage in news production process’.
- Participated in a national workshop on Curriculum Design and Development (Online) organized by Centre for Curriculum Research, Policy, and educational development at School of Education, central University of Punjab, Bathinda from 3rd February 2021 to 16th February 2021.
- Attended Research Methodology Workshop Organized by Jamia Millia Islamia and funded by UGC.
- Attended One week workshop on ‘Statistics & Optimization Techniques Using Software Packages’ Organized by Department of Statistics and Operations Research, Aligarh Muslim University.
Faculty Development Programs –
- Completed one week FDP on “Moodle Learning Management System” organized by IIT, Bombay Spoken Tutorial (An Initiative of National Mission on Education through ICT, MHRD, Govt. of India) from 12 May, 2020 to 17 May, 2020.
- Completed two-week FDP on “Multimedia and Drawing” organized by Government First Grade College, Harihara in association with spoken tutorial IIT Bombay (An Initiative of National Mission on Education through ICT, MHRD, Govt. of India) under the scheme of PMMMNMTT from 3rd June, 2020 to 16th June, 2020.