Dr. Milan Singh is currently working as Assistant Professor in School of Basic and Applied Science. She has total 1 year experience of teaching Physics with Galgotias University since 2021. She is firm Believer of productivity and efficiency in work. She did her post-graduation (M.Sc) from Chaudhary Charan Singh University Meerut and then moved to Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur for M.Tech in Material Science in 2016. She completed her Ph.D. in 2021 under the supervision of Prof. Yogesh Kumar Sharma and Prof. K L Yadav from Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee, India. During this period, she have gained expertise in design, synthesis and modification of solid inorganic materials with fundamental knowledge of different chemical approaches. She thoroughly characterize materials with state of art techniques to investigate variation in electronic and electrochemical properties. In her PhD, She has gained expertise on the fabrication of Supercapacitor devices and learned how to modified them for current society need. Additionally, She Exhibits an honest work ethic with the ability to excel in fast-paced, time-sensitive environment. Being a passionate researcher as well as Professor, she believes that teaching is not merely restricted to making the students understand the underlying concepts of a course but also to develop critical thinking and evaluate alternate approaches for problem solving. She always put her efforts towards the overall developments of her students.
- 1 years of teaching experience
- P.hD (IIT Roorkee )
- M.Tech (IIT Kanpur)
Award & Recognition
- Awarded student membership of American Physical Society (APS) in 2020.
- Awarded with Senior Research Fellowship (SRF) from May 2019 to till now.
- Best Poster Award at 3rd International Conference on Condensed Matter and Applied Physics (ICC- 2019).
- Awarded with Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) from June 2016 to April 2019.
- Youngest delegate to present in National Conference on Carbon Materials-2015, National Physical Laboratory, New Delhi.
- Received assistantship from Ministry of Human Resources Development (MHRD) from 2014-2016.
- Secured second rank in M.Sc. from Meerut College, Meerut in 2014.
Qualified Bhabha Atomic Research Centre (BARC)-2014.
- Secured AIR 409 in Graduate Aptitude Test of Engineering (GATE)-2014 and AIR 467 in Joint Admission Test (JAM)-2013.
- Milan Singh, Brahma Prakash Dubey, Asit Sahoo, K L Yadav, and Yogesh Sharma, Tailoring the Transport and Magnetic Properties of Mn Doped Spinel FeCo2O4 and their Impact on Energy Storage Properties: A New Strategy to Improve Storage Performance, Journal of Energy Storage, 2021, 44, 103361. (IF: 8.907)
- Milan Singh, Asit Sahoo, K L Yadav, Yogesh Sharma, Role of magnetism present in the cobaltites (ACo2O4 A = Co, Mn, and Fe) on the charge storage mechanism in aqueous supercapacitor, Applied Surface Science, 2021, 568, 150966. (IF: 7.392)
- Manika Chaudhary, Milan Singh, Ashwani Kumar, Prachi, Yogendra K. Gautam, Anil K. Malik, Yogesh Kumar, Beer Pal Singh, Experimental Investigation of Co and Fe-Doped CuO Nanostructured Electrode Material For Remarkable Electrochemical Performance, Ceramics International, 2021, 47, 2094-2106. (IF. 5.532)
- Milan Singh, Asit Sahoo, K L Yadav, Yogesh Sharma, Toward the Origin of Magnetic Field-Dependent Storage Properties: A Case Study on the Supercapacitive Performance of FeCo2O4 Nanofibers, ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces, 2020, 12, 49530–49540. (IF: 10.382)
- Arvind Singh, Saurav K. Ojha, Milan Singh, Animesh K. Ojha, Controlled Synthesis of NiCo2S4@NiCo2O4 Core@Shell Nanostructured Arrays Decorated Over the rGO Sheets for High- Performance Asymmetric Supercapacitor, Electrochimica Acta, 2020, 349, 136349. (IF: 7.336)
- Soma Banerjee, Poonam Benjwal, Milan Singh, Kamal K. Kar, Graphene oxide (rGO)-metal oxide (TiO2/Fe3O4) based nanocomposites for the removal of methylene blue, Applied Surface Science, 2018, 439, 560-568. (IF: 7.392)
- Milan Singh, Asit Sahoo, K L Yadav, Yogesh Sharma, Role of Magnetic Field on Supercapacitive Properties of Electrospun NiCo2O4 Nanofiber, Bulletin of the American Physical Society, 2021.
- Milan Singh, Asit Sahoo, K L Yadav, Yogesh Sharma, Probing The Transport Properties And Supercapacitive Performance of Urea Combustion Derived FeCo2O4, AIP Conf. Proc., 2020, 2265, 030644. (IF: 0.40)
- Milan Singh, Poonam Benjwal, Kamal K Kar, Synthesis and characterization of rGO-Fe3O4-TiO2 nanocomposites with varying compositions for methylene bue (MB) degradation and As(III) adsorption, Proc. of the Intl. Conf. on Nanotechnology for Better Living, 2016, 3, 88.
Area of Interest
Energy Storage Devices: Supercapacitors and Li-ion Batteries, Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, Nanofibers, Nanocomposites.