Dr. Hira Zaheer is currently working as Assistant Professor in School of Basic and Applied Science, Galgotias University. She is working here since October 2021 has total experience of more than 5 years of teaching in private and central universities. She demonstrated a good wotk ethic and interpersonal skills. She strives for originality, works hard and does not lose focus on the goals she sets. Being a passionate teacher, she believes that teaching is not merely restricted to making the students understand the underlying concepts of a course but also to develop critical thinking and evaluate alternate approaches for problem solving. Her goal in classroom is to have a lively, open, friendly, and educational environment. She has contributed in research by publishing research articles in SCI / Scopus indexed Journals, various conferences and book chapters in reputed books.
- 5.5 years of teaching experience
- Ph.D in Mathematics from IIT Roorkee
- M.Sc.(Mathematics) from Choudhary Charan University, Meerut
Award & Recognition
- UGC fellowship for Ph.D
- Full air fare and stay for a DST-DAAD Indo German project during Ph.D in Germany.
- Proposed Special session in referred International conferences:
- 4th International Conference on “Soft Computing for Problem Solving” (SocPros 2014), NIT Silchar.
- Proposed and chaired session in Soft Computing: Theories and Applications (SoCTA2018), NIT Jalandhar.
Publications - Published articles in reputed Journals.
- Bilal, Millie Pant, Hira Zaheer et al. “Differential Evolution: A review of more than two decades of research, in Engineering Applications of Artificial Intelligence, Elsevier, 0952-1976, DOI 2020.103479. (2020) SCI IF 6.21
- Hira Zaheer, Millie Pant, "Solution to Industrial Optimization Problems through Differential Evolution Variants", in Materials and Manufacturing Processes, Taylor and Francis.(pp 1-13), 2017, DOI: 10.1080/10426914.2017.1279300 SCI IF 4.616
- Rastogi, Shubhangi, and Hira Zaheer. "Comparative analysis of queuing mechanisms: Droptail, RED and NLRED." Social Network Analysis and Mining 6.1 (2016): 70. DOI:10.1007/s13278-016-0382-5 ESCI
- Zaheer, H., Pant, M., Kumar, S., Monakhov, O., Monakhova, E., & Deep, K. (2014). A new guiding force strategy for differential evolution. International Journal of System Assurance Engineering and Management, 2170-2183, DOI 10.1007/s13198-014-0322-6. ESCI
Published articles in International Conferences
- Hira Zaheer, Millie Pant: "Solution of multi – objective portfolio optimization problem using Multi-Objective Synergetic Differential Evolution (MO-SDE)" in AISC series of Springer, 2017.
- Shubhangi Rastogi, Hira Zaheer, "Significance of parallel computation over serial computation using OpenMP, MPI and CUDA” Proceedings in Business and Economics. Springer, Singapore, (pp 359- 367), 2017.
- Hira Zaheer, Millie Pant, Oleg Monakhova, Emilia Monakhova, "A Simple and Efficient Co-operative Approach for Solving Multi-modal Problems", in IEEE Digital Explore Library, (pp. 4001-4005), 2016.
- Hira Zaheer, Millie Pant, "Solving Portfolio Optimization through Differential Evolution", in IEEE Digital Explore Library, (pp. 3892-3897), 2016.
- Shubhangi Rastogi, Hira Zaheer, "Significance of parallel computation over serial compution", in IEEE Digital Explore Library, (pp. 2307-2310), 2016.
- Hira Zaheer, Millie Pant, Oleg Monakhova, Emilia Monakhova, "A Portfolio Analysis of Ten National Banks Through Differential Evolution", in Proceedings of Fifth International Conference on Soft Computing for Problem Solving, Springer India, 2016
- Zaheer, H., & Pant, M. (2015, January). “A Differential Evolution Approach for Solving Integer Programming Problems”. In Proceedings of Fourth International Conference on Soft Computing for Problem Solving (pp. 409-420). Springer India.
- Zaheer, H., Pant, M., Monakhov O., MonakhovaE. “Solving Portfolio Optimization Problem through Differential Evaluation” XI International Conference on Innovation and Business Management (ICIBM-15).
- Qualified National Eligibility Test (NET) JRF 2012 with AIR- 95
- Qualified Graduate Aptitude Test for Engineering (GATE) 2013 with AIR-84
Area of Interest
- Natured Inspired Algorithms
- Portfolio Optimization
- Machine learning techniques
- Linear and non-linear Programming
- Linear and Abstract Algebra
Book Chapters Published
- Hira Zaheer, Millie Pant, Sushil Kumar and Oleg Monakhov (2016) “A Novel Mutation Strategy for Differential Evolution”, Problem Solving and Uncertainty Modeling through Optimization and Soft Computing Applications, IGI Global, pp-20-31. 
- Kumar, Sushil, Peeyush Joshi, Vanita Garg, and Hira Zaheer. "Single Image Reflection Removal Using Deep Learning." In Design and Applications of Nature Inspired Optimization, pp. 163-177. Springer, Cham, 2022.