Dr. Bhoomika is currently working as Senior Assistant Professor (Gr.-III) in the School of Biological & Life Sciences (SBLS). She has 8 years of teaching and 14 years of research experience in lifesciences and has been associated with Galgotias University since 2021. She believes that teaching is not merely restricted to make the students understand the underlying concepts of a course but also to develop critical thinking and evaluate alternate approaches for problem solving. She always put her efforts towards the overall developments of her students. She has convened/organized several co-curricular/Extracurricular events for the benefit of students.
Total Research Experience: 14+ years
Total Teaching Experience: 8 years (including UG, PG & Ph.D. classes)
Total Administrative Experience: 4 years
Ph.D., Biochemistry (2013) Banaras Hindu University (BHU), Varanasi, U.P., India
MSc., Biochemistry (2005) Dr. B. R. Ambedkar University, Agra, U.P., India.
BSc. (ZBC) (2003) Dr. B. R. Ambedkar University, Agra, U.P., India.
12th (Biology; 1999) U. P. Board of High School & Intermediate Education.
10th (Science; 1997) U. P. Board of High School & Intermediate Education.
Awards & Recognition
- CSIR-UGC-NET qualified in Dec' 2004.
- GATE qualified in 2005 & 2006 (All India Rank: 295 in 2005)
- Awarded National-Post Doctoral Fellowship (DST-SERB, India) in 2016.
- Have presented research papers in various National and International conferences & have published 05 research papers and 01 book chapter in highly reputed International Journals/Book.
- Indian Government Funded Research Project: “Study of dehydration response in chickpea (Cicer arietinum) using omics approaches”, funded by SERB-DST. Total cost of Project: Rs.19,20,000/- (for 2 years)
Professional Training/Workshop Attended (02)
- Attended 5 Days Global E-FDP on “Unleashing Research Potential: Global Trends and Practices” organised by Office of International Relations, Galgotias University, Greater Noida, Uttar Pradesh held from March 7-11, 2022.
- Shiksha Shilpi Aahaar Kranti Online Lecture Series held on every Monday organized by Shiksha Shilpi (An initiative of Vijnana Bharati) and Global Indian Scientists & Technocrats Forum (GIST) during 26th July to 23rd August 2021.
- Online certificate course on “Bioinformatics: Its applications in Life Sciences (20 Hrs.) organised by MICROBIOLOGISTS SOCIETY, INDIA.
Areas of Interest
- Stress Physiology & Biochemistry
- Environmental Chemistry
- Omics Technologies