Prof. (Dr) ARVIND KUMAR JAIN has been working as Dean Student Welfare, Galgotias University, Greater Noida, since 2011. He is also very active in curriculum design and development under his guidance. He always put his efforts towards the overall developments of the students. He has convened/organized more than 50 events for the students in the last few years.
- More than 20 years of teaching and research experience
- Ph. D, IIT Roorkee
- M.Phil, IIT Roorkeee
- M.Sc, CCS University
Award & Recognition
- Recipient of Travel Grant $ 1345- from NSF- USA to participate and present paper in Third Annual Conference of the Society for the Study of Nanoscience and Emerging Technologies at Tempe Arizona, USA Nov.7-10, 2011.
- Recipient of Full Travel Grant $ 2000- from NSF- USA to participate and deliver a lecture in Second Annual Conference of the Society for the Study of Nanoscience and Emerging Technologies at Technische Universität Darmstadt- Germany, Sept.29-Oct.2, 2010.
- Recipient of full Travel Grant to participate and deliver lecture in Summer School on Ethics in Nanotechnology at University of Twente, The Netherlands from 23 to 29 /08/ 2008.
- CNRS Postdoctoral Fellow at Institut de chimie de la matiere condensee de Bordeaux, Bordeaux cedex, France for a period of sixteen month (July 2002 to Nov. 2003).
- CSIR Senior Research Fellow at Department of Chemistry Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee, Roorkee (May 2001 to June 2002).
- DST Project Fellow in the Department of Chemistry Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee, Roorkee. (Feb-1996 to Dec 1999.).
- He has presented and published more than 50 Research papers in various National and International conferences and journal of high repute.
Ph. D Guided
He has guided 7 Ph. D thesis and 7 students are working under his guidance now.
Area of Teaching Interest
Nanotechnology, Materials Science, Engineering Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, Environmental Science, Analytical Chemistry.
Areas of Research Interest
Analytical Chemistry, Photochemistry of II-VI Semiconductors, Nanomaterials Synthesis, Synthetic organic chemistry, Environmental Science, Analytical Chemistry.
Patents - Eight patents published
- Surfactants from Renewable Raw Materials -Ed book. CRC Press Taylor and Francis Group. already Published
- Shweta Patel, Diwakar Chauhan, Monika Chauhan, Ajay Kumar and Arvind Kumar Jain, Title "Boosting health and immunity during COVID-19 by nutrition and diet " Immortal Publications, 2021, ISBN No. 978-93-5473-518-9.
- Shivam Dwivedi, Monika Chauhan, Ajay Kumar, Diwakar Chauhan and Arvind Kumar Jain, Title-“Corana Virus: History, Epidemiology, Precaution and Status of Vaccine” to Immortal Publications, 2021 ISBN No. 978-93-5473-518-9.
- five more book under process with international Publications
- Attended workshop on Proven Strategies on Effective Teaching is scheduled for 29th, 30th, and 31st August, 2013 Organised by Galgotias University in Collaboration with Prof Stephanie Farrell of Rowan university USA.
- Attended Science Academies Lecture Workshop on Nanoscience and Nanotechnology on March 1-2 , 2013 at Jamia Millia Islamia University New Delhi
- Attended Faculty Development Program in association with Wipro from 31st May – 4th June 2010 under their project called “Mission 10X”. Main modules on “Dale Carnegie ‘High Impact Teaching Skills- HITS’ and Cambridge Model.”.
- Attended five day IUCEE workshop on Materials and Nanotechnology at SVNIT SURAT from 12-17 July 2010 the chief resources person was
Prof. Sanjeev Khanna University of Missouri USA
- Attended Faculty Development Program in association with Wipro from 6th Oct – 7th OCT 2010 under their project called “Mission 10X”. Main modules was on content development”.
- Attended five-day IUCEE workshop on Nanostructures and Nanotechnology at Ansal Institute of Technology –Gurgaon from 14-18 Dec 2010 the chief resources person was
Prof. Jagadish “Jay” Narayan
The John Fan Family Distinguished Chair Professor and Director, NSF Center for Advanced Materials and Smart Structure (CAMSS)
Materials Science & Engineering Department, NC State University, USA