Dr. Akash Kumar is currently working as an Assistant Professor of Chemistry in School of Basic and Applied Sciences. He has recently started teaching Chemistry and associated with Galgotias University since December, 2022. He has completed his B.Sc. and M.Sc. from Gurukula Kangri Vishwavidyalaya, Haridwar. After that he pursued PhD degree in Chemistry from IIT Dhanbad. During his PhD he has co-guided four M.Sc. thesis students. He has published 05 research papers in reputed SCI and peer-reviewed journals. He has actively participated in numerous national/international workshops/conferences conducted by reputed organizations. Being a passionate teacher, he believes that teaching is not merely restricted to making the students understand the underlying concepts of a course but also to develop critical thinking and evaluate alternate approaches for problem solving.
Doctor of Philosophy (PhD): Department of Chemistry and Chemical Biology, Indian Institute of Technology (ISM) Dhanbad, Jharkhand, India (October 2022).
Thesis Title: Synthesis, Characterization, and Application of Graphene Oxide-Based heterogeneous Catalysts for C-C, C-N, and C-S Bond Formation Reactions.
Master of Science (MSc): Department of Chemistry, Gurukula Kangri Vishwavidyalaya, Haridwar, Uttarakhand.
Project Title: Physico-Chemical Analysis of Drugs (Glimestar M2 and Nimodex Tablet).
Bachelor of Science (BSc): Faculty of Science, Gurukula Kangri Vishwavidyalaya, Haridwar, Uttarakhand.
Award & Recognition
- Qualified, IIT JAM (2015), All India Rank-1936.
- Qualified, IIT (ISM) Dhanbad Ph.D. Entrance Exam, 2016.
- Qualified, Research Entrance Test (RET) - 2016, Gurukula Kangri University, Haridwar in Chemistry (AIR 02).
- IIT (ISM) Dhanbad, Junior/Senior Research Fellowship, 2016-2021.
- Dr. R. K. Agarwal award for best poster presentation in 36th annual conference of Indian Council of Chemist, held at VIZAG in December 26-28, 2017.
He has presented Research papers in various National and International conferences & 05 number of research papers are Published in reputed SCI international Journals:
- A. Kumar, S. Layek, B. Agrahari, S. Kujur and D. D. Pathak, Graphene oxide immobilized copper(II) schiff base complex [GO@AF-SB-Cu]: A versatile catalyst for Chan-Lam coupling reaction. ChemistrySelect,2019, 4, 1337. (IF 2.307)
- A. Kumar, S. Verma, and D. D. Pathak, Synthesis and characterization of a recyclable graphene oxide-surface-engineered copper(II) Schiff base complex: Catalytic application in synthesis of 1,2,3-triazoles and 2H-indazoles. J. Env. Chem. Eng., 2021, 9, 105791. (IF 7.968)
- A. Kumar, S. Kujur, J. P. Kujur, R. Sharma and D. D. Pathak, Copper-triazine-dendrimer-functionalized-graphene oxide: Synthesis, characterization and application in green synthesis of propargylamines. Appl. Organomet. Chem., 2022, 36, 6713. (IF 4.072)
- S. Layek, B. Agrahari, A. Kumar, N. Dege and D. D. Pathak, Synthesis and X-ray crystal structures of three new nickel (II) complexes of benzoylhydrazones: Catalytic applications in the synthesis of 2-arylbenzoxazoles. Inorg. Chim. Acta, 2020,500,119222. (IF 3.118)
- S. Kujur, S. Verma, A. Kumar Richa Sharma and D. D. Pathak, A green polyol approach for the synthesis of Cu2O NPs adhered on graphene oxide: A robust and efficient catalyst for 1,2,4-triazoles and imidazo[1,2-a]pyridines synthesis. New J. Chem., 2022, 46, 8094.(IF 3.925)
- A. Kumar and D. D. Pathak, International conference on advancing green chemistry: Building a sustainable tomorrow,heldat conference center, university of Delhi on October 3-4, 2017. (Poster presentation)
- A. Kumar andD. D. Pathak,36th Annual Conference of Indian Council of Chemists, held at School of Chemistry, Andhra University, Visakhapatnam (A. P.) on December 26-28, 2017. (Poster presentation)
- A. Kumar and D. D. Pathak, Recent advances in organic & bio-organic chemistry (RAOBC), held at Department of chemistry, IISER Mohali on March 22-24, 2019. (Poster presentation)
- A. Kumar and D. D. Pathak, 1st International conference on frontier areas of chemistry (ICFAC-2020) held at Mahatma Gandhi central university Motihari, Bihar on February 28-29, 2020. (Oral presentation)
- A. Kumar,International conference of international academy of physical sciences (CONIAPS XXVII) on recent advances on catalysis science & engineering (RACSE), held at Department of chemistry, National Institute of Technology, Jamshedpur on October 26-28, 2021. (Participated)
- Attended: 1st Annual Workshop on Catalysis, held at Department of chemistry, Indian Institute of Technology (ISM) Dhanbad on March 06-09, 2017.
- Attended:1st annualmeeting and workshop of India-Netherlands bi-lateral project on functional material and catalysis, organized by department of chemistry, Indian Institute of Technology (ISM), Dhanbad on September 25, 2017.
Area of Interest
Homogeneous and Heterogeneous Catalysis, Coupling reactions, Synthetic Inorganic/Organometallic Chemistry, Graphene oxide-based materials, and application of synthesized materials in Synthesis of useful organic compounds.
Worked (January, 2016 to March, 2016) in the Pharmaceutical Industry, Chemical Analysis Laboratory, Akums Drugs & Pharmaceuticals Ltd. Haridwar.
Capability in interpretation and understanding the characterizations techniques such as FT-IR, FT-Raman, PXRD, FESEM, HRTEM, XPS, UV-visible spectroscopy, UV TLC analysis, Rotatory-vapour sample drying, Column preparation and separation of compounds, NMR spectroscopy, Sonicator, and Centrifugation.
Computer Proficiency & Software
Microsoft office, Origin, ChemDraw, MestReNova, Peak fit, Adobe Photoshop, etc.