Ph. D. 2012, “Studies on some selected anti-psoriatic plants”, under esteemed supervision of Dr. Surendra Kumar Sharma, Professor from Guru Jambheshwar University of Science and Technology, Hisar, Haryana, India
Research area: Isolation and purification of phytoconstituents from medicinal plants, pharmacognostical studies of medicinal plants, pharmacological and phytochemical screening, evaluation and quality control of herbal medicinal products, isolation and analysis of volatile oils.
Teaching experience: 17 years
Pharmacognosy, Chemistry of Natural Products, Herbal Drug Technology
1. “A new antimicrobial pentacyclic triterpenoid from the rhizomes of Nardostachys jatamansi DC.” Indian Journal of Chemistry (B) 2019, 58(4), 516-521.
2. “A new pentacyclic triterpenoid with antimicrobial activity from the tubers of cyperus rotundus Linn.” Hygeia: Journal for Drugs and Medicine 2015, 7(1), 1-9.
3. “In vitro antioxidant and free radical scavenging activity of Nardostachys jatamansi DC.” Journal of Acupuncture and Meridian Studies 2012, 5(3), 112-118.
4. “Pharmacognostical evaluation of roots of Simmondsia chinensis Schneider.” International Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Drug Research 2011, 3(4), 323-326.
5. “Standardization and preliminary phytochemical screening of Nardostachys jatamansi DC. rhizome”. International Journal of Research in Ayurveda and Pharmacy 2011, 2(3), 978-982.
6. “Antimicrobial investigations on rhizomes of Cyperus rotundus Linn.” Der Pharmacia Lettre 2011, 3(3), 427-431.
7. “Morphological, microscopical and physicochemical investigations on the rhizomes of Cyperus rotundus Linn.” Research Journal of Pharmaceutical, Biological and Chemical Sciences 2011, 2(3), 798-806.
Paper presentation in Conference
Conservation of Medicinal Plants – Need of Hour. One-Day Interdisciplinary National Seminar on Environment & Natural Resources: Human Necessity & Challenges. 16 March 2018, R.K.S.D. (P.G.) College, Kaithal, Haryana.
Comparative Antimicrobial Activity of Callus Culture and Adult Plant Root’s Extracts from Boerhaavia diffusa Linn. 69th Indian Pharmaceutical Congress. 22-24 December 2017, Chitkara University, Rajpura, Punjab.
Pharmaceutical Nanotechnology. National Conference on Universal Approach of Electronics and Computer Science. 22 March 2014, R.K.S.D. (P.G.) College, Kaithal, Haryana.
Evaluation of Antipsoriatic Potential of Jojoba Liquid Wax. 18th Annual Convention of Society of Pharmacognosy on Promotion and Globalisation of Indian Herbal Products- Perspectives and Prospects. 21-22 Febuary, 2014, MDU, Rohtak, Haryana.
Antipsoriatic Potential of Tubers of Cyperus rotundus Linn. Indo Bulgaria International Conference on Recent Advances in Herbal Technologgy. 7 September 2013, ISF College of Pharmacy, Moga, Punjab.
Standardization, Preliminary Phytochemical and Pharmacological Evaluation of Cyperus rotundus Linn. 1st International Science Congress. 24-25 December 2011, Indore, Madhya Pradesh.
Determination of Antimicrobial and Antioxidant Activity of Cyperus rotundus Linn. International Convention of Society of Pharmacognosy. 28-20 February 2011, Belgaum, Karnataka.
Pharmacognostical Studies on Solanum xanthocarpum Schard, 14th National Convention of Society of Pharmacognosy Feb 20-21st 2010, Sonepat, Haryana.
Pharmacognostical Evaluation of Cyperus rotundus Rhizomes. International Conference on Folk and Herbal Medicine. 26-27 November [Abstrat No OC-18] 2010, Udaipur, Rajasthan.
A Natural Approach to Psoriasis. International Herbal Conference on “Herbal Medicine - Evaluation of Quality, Efficacy and Safety”. 26-28 February [Abstract SNPS IHCB 09406] 2009, Bangalore, Karnataka.
Preparation of Herbarium in Pharmacy Curriculum: Need of the Day. National Seminar on Recent Trends in Pharmaceutical Education and Research. 29-30 September 2007, Rajendra Institute of Technology & Sciences, Sirsa, Haryana.
Anti-inflammatory Potential of Boerhaavia diffusa Linn. Callus Culture. National Seminar on Emerging Trends in Pharmaceutical Education and Research. 28 April 2007, Lord Shiva College of Pharmacy, Sirsa, Haryana.
Evaluation of Analgesic Activity of Boerhaavia diffusa Linn. Callus Culture. International Conference on Drug Development from Medicinal Plants- Issues & Problems. 20-22 October 2005, C.L Baid Metha College of Pharmacy, Chennai, Tamilnadu.
Abutilon indicum Linn. : An ethnomedicinal plant. National Seminar on Role of Medicinal and Aromatic Plants in Ayurveda, Unani and Siddha Systems of Medicine. 4-5 March 2005, CCS HAU, Hisar.
Role of Boerhaavia diffusa Linn. in Indian system of Medicine. National Seminar on Role of Medicinal and Aromatic Plants in Ayurveda, Unani and Siddha Systems of Medicine. 4-5 March 2005, CCS HAU, Hisar.
Preliminary Phytochemical and Pharmacognostical Studies on Root of Citrullus colocynthis (L.) schrad., National Seminar on Recent Advancers in Medicinal and Aromatic Plants. 15-17 February 2005, Sardar Vallabh Bhai Patel University of Agriculture and Technology, Meerut (U.P.)-250110.
In vitro Micropropagation of Boerhaavia diffusa Linn., National Seminar on Recent Advancers in Medicinal and Aromatic Plants. 15-17 February 2005, Sardar Vallabh Bhai Patel University of Agriculture and Technology, Meerut (U.P.)-250110.
Chenopodium : A natural anti-inflammatory plant Drug. International Convention of APTI, 2 3rd October 2004, Andhra University, Visakhapatnam.
Herbal Medicines for Asthma : A Review. National Seminar on Research and Development in Production, Protection, Quality, Processing and Marketing of Medicinal and Aromatic Plants. 27-29 February, 2004, CCS HAU, Hisar.
Book Published (s):
1. Biochemistry and Clinical Pathology, Thakur Publication, Lucknow.
1. Published dated on 26/08/2022 (Indian patent): “Synthesis, Characterization and evaluation of Integerrimide- A as Potential Antimicrobial and Anticancer Agent.” with patent file number No.202211046268 A.
2. Granted dated on 2022 (S. African patent): A pharmaceutical herbal formulation for the treatment and management of diabetes mellitus and methods thereof with patent file number 2022/12257.
3. Granted dated on 2021 (Australian patent): A formulation of medicaments using Lantana camara for treatment of skin related diseases and methods of thereof with patent file number 2021106406
1. Faculty Development Program on “Recent Trends & Technologies in Pharmaceutical Research”, SRM Modinagar College of Pharmacy, SRM IST, Delhi-NCR Campus, Ghaziabad , 23- 28 May 2022
2. AICTE-MRSPTU Faculty Development Program on “Reshaping Pharmaceutical Education and Research for Next Generation – Prospects and Challenges”, ISF College of Pharmacy, Moga, Punjab, 14-19 February 2022
3. Faculty Development Program, IIMT College of Pharmacy, Greater Noida, U. P., 08-12 February 2022
4. APTI Sponsored Faculty Development Program on “Rational Utilization of AYUSH drugs during COVID-19” Teerthankar Mahaveer University College of Pharmacy, Moradabad, UP, 21st-26th July 2021.
5. Faculty Development Program on “Best Practices in Innovation, Entrepreneurship and Intellectual Property Rights in Pharmaceutical Sector: Prospective Trends”, Amity Institute of Pharmacy, Amity University Noida, Uttar Pradesh, 5 – 9 July 2021.
6. Faculty Development Program on “Restructuring Pharmacy Education for Atmanirbhar Bharat: time for transformation”, Lloyd Institute of Management and Technology, Greater Noida, U. P. 20-24 July 2020.
7. “Faculty Development Program for Student Induction (FDP-SI)” at University Institute of Engineering and Technology, Kurukshetra organized by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), 14-16 July 2018.
8. Short Term Course in Induction Training Programme for Faculty, National Institute of Technical Teacher Training Research, Chandigarh, 24-28 March 2014.
9. Workshop on “Modern Methods in Pharmaceutical Research” at GJUS&T, Hisar, Haryana, 28 April to 4 May 2012.
10. AICTE sponsored Staff Development Programme on “Recent Advances in Herbal Drug Development and Standardisation” at Rajendra Institute of Sciences and Technology, Sirsa, Haryana, 30 March to 13 April 2012.
11. AICTE sponsored Staff Development Programme on “Current Status & Perspectives in Drug Discovery & Delivery Technologies” at JCDM College of Pharmacy, Sirsa, Haryana, 17-30 June 2012.
Awards & Honors:
1. Reviewer of International journals like Medicinal Chemistry Research, Journal of Heterocyclic Chemistry, European Pharmaceutical Journal, International Journal of Pharmaceutical Research.