Dr Vikas Singh is an alumnus of IHM Bhubaneswar, with over 23 years of experience, including rich industry experience in Luxury brands like The Park, Hyatt regency and Carnival cruise lines, Miami Florida. He has More than 16 years of academic experience in reputed Institutions. He is currently working as a Professor & Program Chair.
He has a PhD in Hospitality from GD Goenka University. He has completed his Masters in Hotel Management, MBA (HRM) and has Studied fellowship in Southern American Cuisine at Chef John Folse Culinary Institute, Thibodaux, New Orleans. He also did a reality cookery show named "Seedhe Rasoi Se". Has vast experience in creating recipes, preparation of elaborate meals and organizing food festivals.
He has also published more than 30 research papers in various journals, national and international journals, and has attended more than 40 FDPs and workshops.
He has also the author of a textbook book on Food Production named " Textbook of Food Production - Basic Training Kitchen (BTK)"
Published an edited book “Tourism and Hospitality: Perspectives, Patterns and Practices”
Published an edited book “Operational Transformations in
Tourism and Hospitality”
He is a lifetime member of the Prestigious Indian Culinary Forum, Member of the Chefs Guild of India
Proud Member of the World Association of Chefs Societies, Member of the Indian Federation of Culinary Associations and Member of World Chef Choice Federation
Galgotias University,Greater Noida
Designation: Professor & program Chair
Tenure: November 2022 till Date
- Designed the New Curriculum for the University for School of Hospitality in the CBCS pattern.
- Designed the syllabus for school of Hospitality in the new format.
Manav Rachna International Institute of Research & Studies
Designation: Professor & Program Director
Tenure: June 2022 – November 2022
Galgotias University,Greater Noida
Designation: Program Chair, Associate Professor
Tenure: Jan 2015 till May 2022
Rig Institute of Hospitality and Management, Greater Noida
Designation: Assistant Dean cum Academic Coordinator
Tenure: August 2007 till Jan 2015.
- Banarsidas Chandiwala Institute Of Hotel Management & Catering Technology
(An ISO 9001-2000 Certified), affiliated to G.G.S. INDRAPRASTHA UNIVERSITY, Delhi.
Tenure: Jan. 2005 to June 2007.
Carnival Cruise lines, Miami Florida U.S.A, is the leading cruise liner in the world with more than 60 ships in the fleet.
Designation: Chef De Partie
Tenure: Feb 2003 to Dec 2004.
Hyatt Regency, New Delhi.
Tenure: May 2000 to Feb 2003.
The Park, Visakhapatnam.
Designation: Kitchen Assistant.
Tenure: From May 1999 to April 2000.
- D. in Hospitality & Tourism
- Sc. Hotel Management
- MBA (HRM)
- Sc. Hospitality and Hotel Administration
- 3yrs Diploma in Hotel Management-NCHMCT
Awards & Recognition
- Represented the Institute (I.H.M. Bhubaneswar) in the 13th All India Students Chef Competition.
- Resource person for one day workshop on “International Food-The Cuisine of China “held on Feb 28th , 2012 at Maharshi Dayanand University Rohtalk
- Presented with the Best Galley Performance Award, in Carnival Cruise Lines, Miami, U.S.A
- Was associated with a half an hour Culinary show, "Sedhe Rasoi Se" on S1 Channel as a Chef.
- Certified Instructor of Food Production Principles for American Hotel & Lodging Educational Institute, U.S.A
- Was a member of the expert committee for curriculum designing for Manav Rachna University, BSc. Hotel Management.
- Was selected in the PIWAT selection panel for the SSCA BSc Culinary Arts batch of 2017-20
- Has contributed as a Marshal Member of IHE 19 Young Chef Culinary Challenge held from August 7 th 2019 to August 10 th 2019.
- Performed as Hospitality Advisor for Food and Beverage for annual cultural festival AUD @ City for the year 2019, 27 th and 28 th Feb
- Life time member of Indian Culinary Forum (ICF)
- Member of Chefs Guild of India
- Proud member of World Association of Chefs Societies(WACS)
- Member of Indian Federation of Culinary Associations(IFCA)
- Member of World Chef Choice Federation(WCCF)
- Professional member of InSc International Publishers(IIP), Life Member of INSC , LMINSC
- Appreciation award for exemplary leadership skills, by World Chef Choice Federation at 1 st All India Chef Choice Fare Award 2019
- National award for Academic Achievement Award -2016 (Food Production) by I.S.H.E.- International Society for Hospitality Education
- Awarded for "Excellence in Productivity Combined with High customer care" by Hyatt Regency, New Delhi on 31st December 2000.
- Was selected in the P.I.W.A.T. selection panelfor the S.S.C.A. BSc Culinary Arts batch of 2017-20
- Has been associated with N.I.O.S., as a resource person for delivering live video programs for Catering Management Course for PM E -vidya 10 Channel, N.I.O.S., Delhi.
- Presented with Educational Excellence Award in recognition of the standing contribution through innovation and inspiration by World Chef Choice Federation and Chef Choice Magazine dated 5th September 2020
- Certificate of appreciation by World Chef Choice Federation on International Teachers Day Celebration 2019
- Presented with Global Hospitality Award 2019 in the area of Hospitality Education (Food Production) on the occasion of 5th International Conference on “Advanced Technologies & Innovations in Tourism & Hospitality Industry” (ATITHI-2019) on 7th Dec 2019
- Was awarded with Hospitality Education Award-Culinary at First International Hospitality Conclave and Awards held on 12.02.20.
- Was invited a resource person for live video programme on “Catering Management" on 29th September 2020 from 9.30 - 10.30 am.
- Awarded certificate of reviewing for International Journal of Hospitality & Management (Elsevier) in
- recognition of the review contributed to the journal (Since June 2020)
- Received Certificate of appreciation for its integration in supporting unity, hospitality, fraternity and tourism as a whole through Gastronomy in the World by I.C.C. (International Chefs Confraternity) on 13th January 2021
- Received Certificate of appreciation for a contribution to the development of gastronomy, hospitality and tourism and successful cooperation to promote gastronomy in the World by A.C.A.(Austrian Chefs Association) on 11th January 2021
- Recognized as International Ambassador of Peace by World Literary forum for peace and human rights 21st February 2021.
- Live Session as a resource person on N.I.O.S., Ministry of H.R.D.
- (The National Institute of Open Schooling) Jan 2021
- Awarded Global Hospitality & Tourism Leadership Award by Shubharti University on 10th -11th April 2021
- Awarded Diploma in Culinary Excellence by World Master Chefs Society
- Resource person at FM 91.2, वार्ता का विषय - " व्यावसायिक शिक्षा – महिला विकास और उद्यमशीलताon 25th October 2021 " organized by N.I.O.S., Ministry of H.R.D.
- BOS member for Vatel Hotel & Tourism Business school, Sushant University, Gurugram for session 2022-23.
- Academic Excellence Award 2022 (Higher Educational Level) by InSc Institute of Scholars
- Awarded Global Hospitality & Tourism Leadership Award for Best Professor ( Food Production) by Shubharti University on November 2022.
- Presented a paper titled “Impact of Green Hotels in Current Scenario and Guest Perception: Understanding Consumers View Green Hotels and Branding” at International Conference on Hospitality & Tourism "Emerging Trends and Innovations in Hospitality Industry" G.D.G.U. iHost2016.
- Presentated a peper titled “Growth of Olive oil consumption amongst Indian Consumers: An Emerging trend” at International Conference on Hospitality & Tourism "Emerging Trends and Innovations in Hospitality Industry" G.D.G.U. iHost2016.
- Published a book, "Textbook of Food Production" Basic Training Kitchen (B.T.K.). Aman Publications, ISBN 81-8204-070-1
- Published patent, Title: Of Invention -Dragonfly Brain-Inspired Intelligent Robotic Drone To Remove Weeds In Agricultural Farm Plants, Patent Application No: 202141040214
- Published paper, Title : Post-COVID 19: Changes In Standard Operating Procedure Of The Housekeeping Department And Its Impact On Eco-Friendly Sustainable Practices." International Journal of Mechanical Engineering, ISSN:0974-5823, Vol. 6 No. 3 December 2021
- Published patent, Title of Invention - Sensor based intelligent robotic cooking kitchen using haptic technology, Patent Application No: 202141056091
- Published paper, Title: A study of food protection and sanitation awareness and practices by Hotel Management students in Delhi N.C.R., Shodh Sarita Bulletin,
- Published paper, Title : Ethical and Sustainable Perceptions on Cloud Kitchen Business- A Study of Consumers and Stakeholders, International Journal of Hospitality and Tourism Systems, ISSN Number: 0974-6250
Area of Interest
Hospitality and Food Production