Dr. Lalit Prasad, (Ph.D. IIT Delhi, India) currently serving as a Professor in School of Basic Sciences, Galgotias University, Greater Noida, Uttar Pradesh, India since 2014. He has more than 13 years of teaching and research experience in the domain of organic applied Chemistry, interdisciplinary science, nanotechnology, new chemical technologies and renewable biofuels. He has worked as researcher at IIT Delhi before joining the doctoral degree in various sponsored research projects both National and International such as DST, MNRE, Advance Membrane Technology (AMT), USA, General Motors (GM), USA and OPTFUEL etc, in interdisciplinary domain of science and technology. After completion of Ph.D. he served as researcher at IIT Delhi and then joined as Assistant Professor at Greater Noida Institute of Technology a college under Uttar Pradesh Technical University, Greater Noida, Uttar Pradesh. He has published more than 25 research articles; major of them are in peer reviewed journal (SCI/Scopus) such as Energy & Fuels (American Chemical Society-ACS), American Society of Mechanical Engineers, (ASME), Applied Energy, Environmental Chemistry Letters and Journal of Forensic Science etc., 7 book chapters with prestigious international publisher such as Wiley, Elsevier, Taylor & Francis etc in the area of renewable energy, biomaterials and nanotechnology etc., 1 edited book (Wiley), 2 edited book (Wiley), in advanced stage, 2 book proposal accepted (Elsevier and RSC) and 2 Indian patents published and 3 patents filled so far. He has also presented his research work in more than 22 national and international conferences in India and abroad. He has supervised a number of master’s thesis, in the area of chemistry, biofuels, multidisciplinary research and supervised 1 Ph.D. thesis in the area of nano-forensic science and currently supervising 4 doctoral students. He is an active member of several reputed scientific societies including American Chemical Society community (ACS, USA), Indian Society for Technical Education (ISTE, New Delhi), International Association of Engineers (IAENG, Hong Kong), Institute of Research Engineers and Doctors (IRED, New York, USA), Member Affiliate of the Royal Society of Chemistry, International Society for Development and Sustainability (ISDS, Japan). He has also worked as a reviewer for Innovative ideas/innovations received under INSPIRE Awards-Manak, National Innovation Foundation-India, DST, Govt of India for the year 2021-22, 2020-21, 2019-20. Reviewer of international journal: ‘Energy Conservation and Management’ (Elsevier, USA). American Chemical Society (ACS), Sustainable Chemistry & Engineering Journal, Bio-interface Research in Applied Chemistry and Global Conference on Polymer and Composite Materials (PCM2014). He has completed numerous courses/ FDP/ training/ workshops conducted by highly reputed organizations and served as organizing committee members of national and International Conferences.
- 13 years (teaching and research experience)
- D. Indian Institute of Technology Delhi, New Delhi, India, 2008-2013, Submitted on September 2012; Awarded on 2013 (Courses CGPA: 8.75/10). Thesis Title: ‘Studies on Formulation, Lubricity of Alkyl Esters and Use in a Single Cylinder C.I. Engine’
- Sc. (Chemistry), Department of Chemistry, D.S.B. Campus Nainital (Govt. University Campus) Kumaun University Nainital, India, 2001-2003, First Division. Thesis Title: ‘Chemical Investigation of Essential oil of Coriander (Coriandrum sativum) seeds’
Award & Recognition
- Galgotias University Appreciation Award: Received “2nd Research and Innovation Award 2020” on 11th Jan 2022 for contribution on research & innovation.
- Galgotias University Appreciation Award: Received “Research and Innovation Award 2019” on 7th Jan 2020 for contribution on research & innovation.
- Research paper selected and presented in a prestigious International conference entitled ‘Internal Combustion Engine Division Spring Technical Conference-2012’ organized by American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME), 6-9th May 2012 at Torino (Italy).
- Recipient of International Travel Grant from Department of Science & Technology (DST) New Delhi, Govt. of India (May 2012).
- Recipient of International Travel Grant from Council of Scientific & Industrial Research (CSIR) New Delhi, Govt. of India (May 2012).
- Recipient of International Travel Grant from Indian Institute of Technology (IIT Delhi) India (May 2012).
- Financial assistantship provided by IIT Delhi through various International (General Motors USA, European Union) National sponsored projects (DST, MNRE Govt. of India) to pursue Doctoral study (during 2008 to 2012).
- Member of American Chemical Society (ACS) Community Member No 30404644
- Member of Indian Society for Technical Education (ISTE) (Life Member No. LM 77889) - New Delhi, India.
- Member of International Association of Engineers (IAENG) (Member Number: 116854) - Hong Kong.
- Member of Institute of Research Engineers and Doctors (IRED), New York, United States (Member Number: SNM20200517).
- Member Affiliate of the Royal Society of Chemistry (Member ID: 722225)
- International Society for Development and Sustainability (ISDS), Japan (Associate member since June 2021).
- Subhalaxmi Pradhan, Chandu S. Madankar, Lalit Prasad, S. N Naik. Synthesis of Environmental benign Biolubricant from Wild Castor seed by Reactive extraction and Optimization, Journal of the Indian Chemical Society (Elsevier), February 2023, 100 (2), 100898, (1-7). (Doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jics.2023.100898)
- Sankhla M. S., Kumar R., Prasad L., “Impact of Variation in Climatic changes in Concentration of Lead & Nickel in Yamuna River Water, Delhi India”, Materials Today: Proceedings, 2022, 69 (4),1540-1547. (Doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.matpr.2022.05.242) (I.F. 1.46)
- Prasad V, Prasad L, Lukose S, Agarwal P. Latent fingerprint development by using silver nanoparticles and silver nitrate—A comparative study. Journal of Forensic Science 2021, 66 (3):1065-1074. (American Academy of Forensic Science), (Doi: https://doi.org/10.1111/1556-4029.14664) (I.F. 1.832)
- Sandip K. Panda, Ishika Aggarwal, Harish Kumar, Prasad L, Anil Kumar, Ajit Sharma, Dai‑Viet N. Vo, Doan Van Thuan, Vivek Mishra. Magnetite nanoparticles as sorbents for dye removal: a review. Environmental Chemistry Letters, 2021, 19 (3):1-39. (Doi: https://doi.org/10.1007/s10311-020-01173-9) Springer (IF: 13.61).
- Sankhla M. S., Kumar R., Prasad L., Seasonal Variation of Nickel and Zinc Concentration in Water of Yamuna River, Delhi, India, Journal of Punjab Academy of Forensic Medicine and Toxicology2021,21(2):190-193.(doi: 5958/0974-083X.2021.00083.2).
- Sankhla M. S., Kumar R., Prasad L., Estimation of Zinc Concentration in Yamuna River (Delhi) Water Due to Climatic Changes. Journal of Punjab Academy of Forensic Medicine & Toxicology, 2021; 21(1):254-257. (doi:10.5958/0974-083X.2021.00048.0).
- Sankhla M. S., Kumar R., Prasad L., Seasonal Variations of Lead and Chromium Concentrations in the Water Samples from Yamuna River in Delhi, India. Iranian Journal of Toxicology 2021; 15(2):109-114. (http://dx.doi.org/10.32598/ijt.15.2.769.1).
- Prasad V, Lukose S, Agarwal P, Prasad L, Role of Nanomaterials for Forensic Investigation and Latent Finger Printing –A Review; Critical Review, Criminalistics, Journal of Forensic Science (JFS) 2020,65(1): 26-36 (American Academy of Forensic Science); doi: 10.1111/1556-4029.14172. (IF: 1.83).
- Sandip K. Panda, Prasad L. Fe3O4 Based Nanoparticles as a Catalyst in Degradation of Dyes: A Short Review, International Journal of Advanced Research in Science, Communication and Technology (IJARSCT), 2020, 11 (2): 34-42.
- Vandana Prasad, Sally Lukose, Prashant Agarwal and Prasad L, Nano-Fingerprinting: A New Future Prospective for Developing Latent Fingerprints, 2019, 17(1):12-17. Indian Internet Journal of Forensic Medicine & Toxicology, (DOI: 10.5958/0974-4487.2019.00003.8).
- Vandana Prasad, Prasad L Sally Lukose, Prashant Agarwal. The Emerging Role of Zinc Oxide Nanoparticle in the Field of Forensic Fingerprinting. International Medico-legal Reporter Journal, 2019, 2(3):13-16.
- Sankhla M. S., Kumar R., Prasad L. ‘Zinc Impurity in Drinking Water and its Toxic Effect on Human Health’.Indian Internet Journal of Forensic Medicine & Toxicology, 2019 17 (4):84-87.
- Sankhla M. S., Kumar R., Prasad L. ‘Distribution and Contamination Assessment of Potentially Harmful Element Chromium in Water’.International Medico-legal Reporter Journal.2019, 2(3):1-6.
- Prasad L, Khan SA, Arora H. Theoretical And Experimental Proof Of Mix-Valent Dinuclear Phenoxo-/AcetatoBridged Manganese (II,III) Complex With Labile Sites. International Journal of Recent Research Aspects (IJRRA) 2017, 4 (2): 47-52. (https://www.ijrra.net/Vol4issue2/IJRRA-04-02-10.pdf) (ISSN:2349-7688).
- Prasad L, Pradhan S, Singh S, Naik SN, Das LM. Formulation and Utilization of Higher Blends of Castor Biodiesel-Diesel in C.I. Engine. International Journal of Engineering & Allied Sciences (IJEAS), 2016, 2(1):9-13.
- Singh S, Prasad L, Kumar V, Roy S, Patnaik SK. Ultra Performance Liquid Chromatography: High Throughput Analysis over High Performance Liquid Chromatography. International Journal of Engineering & Allied Sciences (IJEAS), 2016, 2(1):19-25.
- Pradhan S, Prasad L, Pradhan G, Naik S N. Reactive extraction of Sustainable Biolubricant from Wild Castor Seed. International Journal of Engineering & Allied Sciences (IJEAS), 2016, 2(2):27-34.
- Prasad L, Pradhan S, Das LM, Naik SN. Experimental assessment of toxic phorbol ester in oil, biodiesel and seed cake of Jatropha curcas and use of biodiesel in diesel engine – Applied Energy (2012) 93: 245-250. (Elsevier Journal), (I.F. 11.45), (IF:11.456)
- Prasad L, Das LM, Naik SN. Effect of castor oil, methyl and ethyl esters as lubricity enhancer for low lubricity diesel fuel (LLDF) –Energy & Fuels (2012) 26: 5307−5315. (American Chemical Society (ACS) Journal). (IF:4.65) (https://doi.org/10.1021/ef300845v) (I.F. 654).
- Prasad V, Lukose S, Prasad L. Emerging Forensic Applications of Nanotechnology. Journal of Engineering & Allied Sciences (IJEAS) 2016, 2(2):43-48.
- Prasad L, Das LM, Naik SN. Effects of ‘Jatropha curcas oil and alkyl ester as lubricity enhancer for diesel fuel’. Paper No. ICES 2012-81209, pp.1009-1013; doi:10.1115/ICES2012-81209; ISBN: 978-0-7918-4466-3. American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME)
- Lingfa P, Prasad L, Mahendru K, Naik SN, Das LM. Current status of non-edible vegetable oil-based biodiesel as an alternative fuel for diesel engine. International Journal of Engineering Sciences Research (2012) 3(01):554-558.
- Prasad L, Pradhan S, Madankar CS, Das LM, Naik SN. Comparative study of performance and emissions characteristics of a diesel engine fuelled with jatropha and karanja biodiesel- Journal of Scientific and Industrial Research (2011)70: 694-698. (http://hdl.handle.net/123456789/12502).
- Yusuf, S. Sharma, S.A. Khan, L. Prasad, Nafisa. Current applications of biomolecules as anticoronavirus drugs, Editor(s): Chandrabhan Verma, Dakeshwar Kumar Verma, Handbook of Biomolecules, Elsevier, 2023, Pages 355-369, ISBN 9780323916844, (https://doi.org/10.1016/B978-0-323-91684-4.00004-9), date of Publication: 2023/1/1. (https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/B9780323916844000049).
- Singh S, Roy S, Prasad L, Chauhan A S. Bio‐Alcohol: Production, Purification, and Analysis Using Analytical Techniques page 257-290, 2023, Edited by: Lalit Prasad, Subhalaxmi Pradhan, S.N. Naik. Biofuel Extraction Techniques, 2023, ISBN:9781119829522 (DOI:10.1002/9781119829522), 2023 Scrivener Publishing LLC (Wiley) (link: https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/book/10.1002/9781119829522).
- Singh S, Prasad L, Chauhan A.S., Khan S.A. Active Finishing Agents for Food Bio- Preservation Based on Natural Origin to Prevent Microbial Risks. Book entitled ‘Biomaterials in Food Packaging’, Pages17, Edition1st Edition, Publisher: Jenny Stanford Publishing, eBook ISBN9781003256786. (Published: 2022).
- Prasad L, Naik SN, Das LM. Castor Oil and Alkyl Esters as Lubricity Enhancer- Book entitled ‘Biofuels: Advances and Perspectives’ (ISBN-13: 9789385046223 and ISBN-10: 9385046225))-Publishers Studium Press, pp 146-159 (2018).
- Khan S A, Agarwal P and Prasad L, “Chapter: Textile effluents remediation by membrane-based technique”. Handbook of Textile Effluent Remediation, 2018, 259-270, [ISBN: 9789814774901, eBook ISBN9780429505478) New York: Jenny Stanford publishing, formerly known as Pan Stanford Publishing, CRC Press, Publishing is a business partner of Taylor & Francis]. (Scopus Indexed). (https://doi.org/10.1201/9780429505478).
- Khan S A, M Yusuf M, Agarwal P and Prasad L, “Chapter: Chlorophylls as Pigment: A Contemporary Approach”. Handbook of Renewable Materials for Coloration and Finishing, 2018, 115-124, [ISBN: 978-1-119-40784-3, Online ISBN:9781119407850, Publisher Scrivener Publishing LLC. Publishing is a business partner of John Wiley & Sons]. (Scopus Indexed), (Online ISBN:9781119407850 |DOI:10.1002/9781119407850) © 2018 Scrivener Publishing LLC.
- Agarwal P, Yusuf M, Khan S and Prasad L, “Chapter: Bio-Colorants as Photosensitizers for Dye Sensitized Solar Cell (DSSC)”. Handbook of Renewable Materials for Coloration and Finishing, 2018, 279-300, [ISBN: 978-1-119-40784-3, Publisher Scrivener Publishing LLC., Publishing is a business partner of John Wiley & Sons] (Scopus Indexed), ISBN:9781119407850 (DOI:10.1002/9781119407850) © 2018 Scrivener Publishing LLC.
(Scientific Hindi Patrika,Hindi Cell IIT Delhi)
- Prasad L, Swain PK, Naik SN, Das LM. ‘First and second generation biofuels: An overview (Pratham wah dutia piri jaioedhan: ek paridrishya)-In annually published Scientific Hindi Patrika, Publishers: Hindi Cell IIT Delhi, 2010, 37-44.
- Sustainable and organic tooth cleaning device: An approach to green technology (File No. 371211-001, Journal No is 02/2023 and Journal Date is 13/01/2023
- Bio-based Transformer Oil from Non-edible Oil seed Thevetia Peruviana (file No. 202211072058)- (Published date: 9-01-2023).
- Method for Development Latent Fingerprint on Non-Porous Surfaces (file No. 202111056928).
- Method for Visualizing Latent Fingerprint Patterns on Porous Surfaces (file No: 202111056929).
- Synthesis and characterization of highly exfoliated graphene oxide nanosheet (file No: 202211018520).
- ‘Academic Writing’ SWAYAM online 4 credit courses, 2022.
- ‘Fundamentals of Outcome Based Curriculum in Engineering Education’ Swayam online two credit courses, 2019
- ‘Teaching and learning on general programs’ 2019, Four-week FDP, TALG, NPTEL-AICTE.
- Short term course on ‘Microfluidics/Microtechnology’, 16 days, 2011 at IIT Delhi.
- Short term course under continuing Education Programme on German Basics, 40 Lecture 2006 at IIT Delhi.
Area of Interest
- Nanoscience and nanomaterials for interdisciplinary applications such as forensic sciences, water technology and green fuel synthesis.
- Biofuels, Bio lubricants, Bio-based materials and Renewable & Sustainable fuels & Green Synthesis.
- Adsorption process for toxic metal removal from water and impact assessment.
- Prasad L, Pradhan S, Naik SN. Biofuel Extraction Techniques, Scrivener Publishing (Wiley)- indexed in Scopus, WOS, ISBN: 978-1-119-82932-4 (https://www.wiley.com/en-ae/9781119829324).
- Prasad L, Khan SA, Jain AK, Luque R., Varma RS. ‘Green Chemistry: A Path to Sustainable Development’ Elsevier Publication- Accepted and in Publication Process. (ISBN: 9780443219900)
- Y, Prasad L, Khan SA. ‘Nanolubricants: Generation and Applications’ Scrivener Publishing (Wiley)- Accepted and in Publication Process.
- Pradhan S, Prasad L, Madankar, C, Naik SN. Lubricants from Renewable Feedstocks" Scrivener Publishing (Wiley)- Accepted and in Publication Process.
- Prasad L, Pradhan S, Chandra R, Kaparaju P. ‘Agricultural and Forest Biomass waste for Biorefineries and Value addition’- RSC Publication- Accepted and in Publication Process.
- Member of school research committee (SRC) of doctoral degree (Ph.D.) program since 2015 to till date.
- Project Coordinator UG and PG students (Division of Chemistry) Since 2018 to till date.
- NAAC Criteria-1 Coordinator (Division of Chemistry), 2018 to till date.
- Member of Galgotias University Exam Control Room, during 2015-2020
- Time table coordinator (Division of Chemistry) during 2018-19.
- Program Chair (M.Sc. Chemistry) during 2019-20.
- National Innovation Foundation -India: Reviewer of Innovative ideas/ innovations received under INSPIRE Awards-Mank for the Year 2021-22, DST, Govt of India.
- National Innovation Foundation -India: Reviewer of Innovative ideas/innovations received under INSPIRE Awards-Mank for the Year 2020-21, Govt of India.
- National Innovation Foundation -India: Reviewer of Innovative ideas/ innovations received under INSPIRE Awards-Mank for the Year 2019-20, Govt of India.
- International Journal: ‘Energy Conservation and Management’ SCIE, (Elsevier, USA).
- American Chemical Society (ACS), ACS Sustainable Chemistry & Engineering Journal SCIE.
- Biointerface Research in Applied Chemistry (Scopus).
- Reviewer of Applied Chemical Engineering(ACE), Scopus.
- Environmental Science and Pollution Research (ESPR), Springer SCIE.
- Global Conference on Polymer and Composite Materials (PCM2014)
- Organizing committee member in International Conference on Forensic Science and Evidence Technology, October 21-22, 2022 Miami, USA. Theme: Accelerating innovations in forensic research and technology
- Member of Technical Committee of 5th International Conference on Recent Developments in Science, Engineering & Technology, REDSET 2019 held on 15th -16th November 2019 in GD Goenka University, Gurgaon, India.
- Organizing Member of 2nd National Conference on Emerging Trend in Applied Science held on 17th – 18th August 2017 in Galgotias University, Greater Noida, U.P.
- Member of Technical Committee of 4th International Conference on Recent Developments in Science, Engineering & Technology, REDSET 2017 held on 13th -14th Oct 2017 in GD Goenka University, Gurgaon, India.
- Organizing Member in the National conference on Emerging Trends in Applied Sciences held on 23-24 September, 2016 at Galgotias University, Greater Noida, UP.