Dr. Ambika Prasad Pandey ;Associate Professor of Sociology, is currently working as Associate Dean and HoD of Sociology in School of Liberal Education, Galgotias University Since 6 Feb 2014 to till date.. He has 23 years of teaching experience. He has been working as program chair,Associate Dean,Dean,Dean in-charge,Member in BoS, Member Anti ragging cell, Member of Exam Committee, Member of Library Committee, NAAC Criterion-1 Coordinator and various roles and responsibilities given by the Galgotias University from time to time. He is a firm Believer of productivity and efficiency in work and has publications in UGC Care, Scopus ,Member in Editorial board of Journal, Life Member Of Professional Bodies, and International Associate member of American Sociological association (ASA till2021). He Exhibits an honest work ethic with the ability to excel in a fast-paced, time-sensitive environment. Being a passionate teacher, he believes that teaching is not merely restricted to making the students understand the underlying concepts of a course but also to develop critical thinking and evaluate alternate approaches for problem solving. He always put his efforts towards the overall developments of his students. He has participated in many FDPs, national and international conferences, seminars and workshops.
- Ph D Sociology (Lucknow University), ,M.A.Sociology, (Lucknow University), UGC NET
Award & Recognition
Member of Professional Bodies
- ‘International Associate Member’ of ASA with Galgotias University affiliation, till ,Dec-2021
- Life Member of Indian Sociological Society (LMI-5114)
- Life member of Research Committee (RC -13)
- Member in Editorial Board of Journal JLRS ,ISSN(O):25830066
- Academia, Research gate, orchid
He has attended /organized FDP and presented/published papers in national and international conferences.
- Impact of Democratization on Tribe-Caste Continuum:ASociological Study of India, ISSN 2717-7564,SCOPUS,Q2,SJR2021,0.64,Vol-6,2022.
- Democratization and its impact on caste and class in Indo Society
,Prof. (Dr.) Ambika Prasad Pandey.,Journal- Name-Shodhsamhita
UGC Care Group 1 Journal, Volume- IX, Issue 1(I), 2022-2023
- Paper presentation in International conference on Applied Psychology and Business management(APBM),IATELS, title of the paper;A critical Analysis to the problem of alienation among faculty members in private universities in India:ASocio-Psychological Study of university faculty members in NCR, New Delhi.27-30 October2022, Antalya,Turkey,
- Paper presented, on sociological Perspectives on Decentralized Governance: Exploring the role of information and technology in rural development in Uttar Pradesh, National conference conducted by Mumbai Dec 08/2021 to Dec 10/2021
- Paper presented, on Impact of Science and Technology in sports and health in rural Community: A case study in Loni Village in Ghaziabad, Uttar Pradesh, National conference conducted by Mumbai Dec 08/2021 to Dec 10/2021
- Chaired Technical Session in 4th International Conference on Human Rights & Gender Justice2020,Organized by Knowledge, Steez in collaboration with South Ural State University Russia, University of Maribor ,Slovenia, Legal Studies Association,United States and Youth For Human Rights.
- Paper presented in International Conference on sociology of Leisure, Held in University of Lucknow, Dec2019
- Paper Presented in National Conference on Emerging Trends in Indian Economy, Organized by SOB, Galgotias university, Tile of Paper: Impact of Demonetization on class structure of a village community: A socio-Economic study of Bhatta and Parsaul village, Greater Noida, U P, India., April 28,2017
- Paper Presented in International Conference on Crime & Investigation: Challenges in Criminal Justice Administration, Organized by School of Law, Galgotias University, on 4th Feb,2017, Title of the paper: Sociology of Deviance, Crime and Gender.
- Attended ‘One day Workshop on Rubrics for assessment of Major Project, Course outcome of Laboratory Course and Internship’ Organized by School of Chemical Engineering,18 November 2016
- Attended 10 days’ Workshop on Human Values and Professional Ethics, Organized by Galgotias University, October ,2016
- Democratization and its impact on caste system: A sociological study in block Sakaran in district Sitapur in the state of Uttar Pradesh, Ref: Vol-3, July-September 2015, socio-economic perspective, ISSN_2321_5607.
- Participated in 3 days Workshop on Universal Human Values, organized by Galgotias university on December 2014
- Department of Sociology and Social work, organized an invited lecture of Prof. Sonal De Desai( Professor of Sociology University of Maryland )on the topic: Educational Inequalities in India; Beyond Reservations, on 05/03/2014 in Galgotias University.
- National Seminar on Inclusive Spaces for Poor Citizens In City Development & Governance Organized by University of Lucknow,Feb,2014
- National Seminar on the contribution of Raja Ram Mohan Roy organized by Vidyant Hindu College Title of the paper: The Contemporaneity and Relevance of Thoughts of Raja Ram Mohan Roy Against the Perpetuation of Social Inequalities in India,16 Nov 2013
- Participation in International seminar on Protection of Human Rights , organized by AIRO and ICSSR ,held in Lucknow on 9th & 10th2012
- Development of Sociology, Offered by NPTEL
Area of Interest :
- Democratization process in India, Caste and Democracy, Democracy and Scheduled Tribes in India,
- Social Inequalities, Social Mobility.
- Rural and Urban Sociology
Book Published: None
Ph D Guided
Supervising 01 Ph D student in Sociology
Subjects Taught :
- Sociology of Development, Rural-Urban Sociology, Sociology of work, health & ageing, Political Sociology, Social stratification, Mobility, Cultural Dynamics, Social Changes in development Perspectives., Social Inequality, Social Demography & population dynamics.
- Social Work for Bachelor and Master Programs
- Sociology for B Sc Nursing Program
- Sociology for Bachelor of Physiotherapy Program
- Sociology for Bachelor of Architecture Program
- Sociology for B Tech all programs
- Human Values and Professional Ethics for B Tech, B Arch. & for all programs in SHSS
- Environmental Studies for all programs in Humanities and social sciences
- B A (H) Sociology &MA Sociology.
COURSE CURRICULUM DESIGNING, DEVELOPING AND CONDUCTING BOS:
- BA (Hons.) Sociology
- M A Sociology
- Master of Social Work, Bachelor of Social Work
- Industrial Sociology for B Tech Students
EXTRA CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES:
- Organized In house lab visit for students from SHSS to create awareness about Hydroelectricity generating Turbine & water purifying plants.
- Organized One day Rural camp on Health and Social Issues For Students from School of Humanities and Social Sciences, School of Nursing & School of Finance and Commerce.
- Event coordinator, Intra school & Inter departmental, Essay Writing and Poster making Competition ,SHSS, Galgotias University,March2016 .
- Event Coordinator of Intra school & Inter departmental, Debating competition ,SHSS, Galgotias University, March2016 .
- Coordinator of SHSS during visit of Galgotias University by the joint team of UGC & AICTE in June,2014
- Member in Semester End Exam Committee since June 2, 2014.
- Member of anti ragging committee, Galgotias university,2016-17.
- Member in School’s exam committee from Feb2014-July 2015
- Course coordinator HUM 201 for B Tech Programs, since Feb2014.
- Member in Proctorial Board at ,(SCERT, UPTU Lucknow)
- Member of literary and cultural society at College level, ,(SCERT, UPTU Lucknow)
- Member in admission cell, (SCERT, UPTU Lucknow)
- Member In charge of Anti- Ragging cell, (SCERT, UPTU Lucknow)
- Co-coordinator of campus outreach program. (SCERT, UPTU Lucknow)