Dr. Alka Pandey is working as an Assistant Professor of Psychology in the School of Liberal Education. She has more than 5 years of teaching and research experience and joined Galgotias University in April 2023. She has outstanding knowledge of principles of psychology and mental health and expertise in implementing many types of behavioral and counselling therapies. She is having expertise in providing career counselling to students. Earlier she worked as a Post-Doctoral Fellow in the Department of Human Development and Family Studies, GBPUAT, Pantnagar. She is recipient of ICAR-JRF, UGC NET and Young Scientist Awards, from the reputed Societies for her work. She has more than 40 publications to her credit in which there are eighteen research papers and three review papers in NAAS rated and UGC approved journals, three books with ISBN no., three book chapters in different books, one manual, 17 popular articles and two research papers in conference proceedings. She has attended more than twenty seminars and conferences and presented papers in it.
- Post Doctorate (Life Skill Training)
- Ph. D. (Child Guidance and Family Counselling)
- Masters (Child Guidance and Family Counselling)
- Certification course on Gender and Women Studies in 2019-20 from SWAYAM ARPIT ONLINE COURSE
5 Plus years of teaching and research experience
Award & Recognition
- JRF (Junior Research Fellowship) all India 1st Rank from ICAR in 2008
- 1st Rank in UP CATET (UP Combined Agriculture and Technology Entrance test) by Chandra Shekhar Azad University of Agriculture and Technology, Kanpur in 2008
- Awarded UGC NET in 2013
- Got Inspire fellowship awarded by Ministry of Science and Technology (Department of Science & Technology) in 2010 -2011
- Received Post-Doctoral Fellowship for Women (PDFWM) awarded by UGC in 2016
- Received Young Scientist Award Sam by Samagra Vikas Welfare Society (SVWS) in 2017
- Received Best Thesis Award by Society of Agricultural Research and Social Development in 2019
- Got Best Research Scholar Award by Agriculture Technology Development Society (ATDS) in 2019
- Got First Prize in Poster Presentation by Agriculture Technology Development Society (ATDS) in 2019
- Received Highest OGPA award (Ph.D.) by Prof. Jayashankar Telangana State Agricultural University Hyderabad, Telangana 2010-14
- Received First prize in academic proficiency (Ph.D.) by Prof. Jayashankar Telangana State Agricultural University Hyderabad, Telangana in 2011-12
- Received Highest OGPA award in (M.Sc.) by Professor Jayashankar Telangana State Agricultural University Hyderabad, Telangana in 2010.
Training provided, attended & organized
- Attended Three-Day National Level Online Workshop on “Exploring Mobile Phone as an Effective Tool for Online Teaching and Learning” Organized by Lala Lajpat Rai College and S.P. Mandal’s R.A. Podar college, Mumbai in association with MAHA BRIDGE ORGANIZATION in 2020.
- Attended Two days national workshop on “Fabrication of low-cost learning resources” Organized by Central University Jammu, Under the Scheme of PMMMNMTT on 8- 9th June 2020.
- Did 6 days Faculty Development Program on “Educational Video Creation (E-Content Development)” Organized by District Institute of Education and Training, Tamil Nādu on 18 -23 June 2020.
- Completed Three Days Faculty Development Program on “Outcome Based Education” organized by School of Arts, Science and Commerce and Internal Quality Assurance cell (IQAC), Rai university, Ahmedabad, Gujarat on 22nd -24th July 2020.
- Participated in Three Days Online Student Development Program on “Soft Skills Enhancement for Education and Career Success” on6th -8th July 2020.
- Attended Five days online faculty development program on “Research methodology” Organized by Balaji institute of Management Sciences, Telangana on 13-17 July 2020
- Participated in one day workshop on Blended learning Organized by SNDT Women’s University, Mumbai on 13th June 2020.
- Taken a session in five-day Refresher training program organized by joint effort of Directorate of Extension education and college of Home Science on 27/3/2017.
- Successfully completed the Nikon school workshop for basic D-SLR Workshop held at PANTNAGAR UNIVERSITY on 7th October 2016.
- Assisted in organization of two days National Seminar on “Early Childhood Education: Contemporary Issues and Challenges” held on 25-26 November, 2008.
- Attended a Training Program on Early interventions for Professionals conducted by the National Institute for the Mentally Handicapped at Secunderabad from 09/1/2012 to 13/1/2012.
- Undergone Three Months Intensive Rural Home Work experience (RHWE) at Masodha block of Faizabad, district in Uttar Pradesh in 2008.
- Did One month implant training in CHETNA institute (N.G.O.) of Mentally Challenged and Hearing-Impaired Children in Lucknow (Uttar Pradesh) in 2007.
- Completed One-month integrated training program in National Bal Bhavan at its national training resource center New Delhi in 2007.
- Research Papers – 17
- Review Paper – 3
- Books with ISBN no. – 3
- Manuals – 1
- Chapters in Books – 3
- Popular articles in magazine – 17
- Research paper published in Proceedings – 2
- Paper presentations/ participation in seminars/workshops/conferences – 21
- Life member of The Journal of Research ANGRAU, ISSN 0970-0226
- Life Member of Indian Society of Genetics & Biotechnology, ISSN Print- 2277-1913, ISSN Online- 2249-7498
- Life Member of Samagra Vikas Welfare Society.
- Life Member of Society of Agricultural Research and Social Development.
- Life Member of Agriculture Technology Development Society (ATDS). Registration no. 1024/61550-16, under the society registration Act no.21, 1860. Ghaziabad (UTTAR PRADESH) INDIA.
- Member of Australian & New Zealand Mental Health Association (Membership No. 15951).
- Good computer skills in fetching out relevant research information from Internet.
- Good working experience in Microsoft Office Tools like, MS Word, MS Excel & Power Point.
- Good working experience on Observer – XT software package for behavioral analysis and prediction.
- Average troubleshooting skills on Windows Vista & Windows XP operating systems.