Dr. Aakash Mathur is currently working as an Assistant Professor in the School of Basic Sciences. He has received a Ph.D. degree from the Material Science department, Indian Institute of Technology, Indore M.P. He served as Asst. Professor, NIET Greater Noida. He Exhibits an honest work ethic with the ability to excel in fast-paced, time-sensitive environment. He had successfully accomplished a few research projects and published quite a good number of research papers (five papers are from his thesis work, and seven additional papers are from my research group where he was a co-author) in peer reviewed international journals.
- 2 years of Teaching & Research experience
- Ph.D., Indian Institute of Technology Indore, Madhya Pradesh, India (July 2014 – Jan 2020) (9.0 CGPA); Thesis Title: “Interface Effect in Confined Semiconductors: Tuneable Optical Properties”.
- B.Tech. & M. Tech. Dual Degree in Nanotechnology, University of Rajasthan, Jaipur, India, (July 2008- July 2014); Thesis Title: “Nanoforms of Metal Tungstate and Molybdate of Manganese and Zinc: Sonochemical synthesis, characterization and adsorbent properties” Project Carried out at BARC, Mumbai, India 2013.
- “Structure, morphology and optical properties of atomic layer deposited ZnO films on confined polymeric template”, Ajaib Singh, Aakash Mathur, Dipayan Pal, Rinki Singh, Amartya Sengupta, and Sudeshna Chattopadhyay*, Manuscript prepared (To be submitted soon)
- “Dual ion beam grown silicon carbide thin films: variation in refractive index and band gap as a function of film thickness”, Aakash Mathur, Dipayan Pal, Ajaib Singh, Rinki Singh, Stefan Zollner, and Sudeshna Chattopadhyay*, Journal of Vacuum Science & Technology B 37, 041802 (2019), IF: 1.35 doi.org/10.1116/1.5097628
- “Violet emission of ALD grown ZnO nanostructures on confined polymer films: Defect origins and emission control via interface engineering based on confinement of underneath polymer template” Aakash Mathur, Dipayan Pal, Ajaib Singh, Amartya Sengupta, Rinki Singh,Sudeshna Chattopadhyay* Macromolecular Chemistry and Physics, 1800435 (2019)IF: 2.49 doi.org/10.1002/macp.201800435
- “ALD grown ZnO on polymeric template”, Aakash Mathur,Dipayan Pal,Sudeshna Chattopadhyay*,Macromolecular Symposia 376, 1600210 (2017) org/10.1002/masy.201600210
- “High Efficiency Epitaxial-Graphene/Silicon-Carbide Photocatalyst with Tunable Photocatalytic Activity and Bandgap Narrowing" Aakash Mathur,Surjendu Bikash Dutta, Dipayan Pal, Jaya Singhal, Ajaib Singh,Sudeshna Chattopadhyay*Advanced Materials Interfaces 3, 1600413 (2016)IF: 4.83 doi.org/10.1002/admi.201600413
- “Confinement induced variation of compositional ratio in silicon carbide thin films and effect in optical properties” Aakash Mathur, DipayanPal, Ajaib Singh, Rinki Singh, Parasmani Rajput, R. J. Chaudhary, and Sudeshna Chattopadhyay(Journal of Non-Crystalline Solids 536 (2020) 120009) org/10.1016/j.jnoncrysol.2020.120009
- “Effect of Substrates and Thickness on Optical Properties in Atomic Layer Deposition Grown ZnO Thin Films" Dipayan Pal, Jaya Singhal, Aakash Mathur, Ajaib Singh, Surjendu Dutta, Stefan Zollner, Sudeshna Chattopadhyay* Applied Surface Science, 421, 341-348 (2016) IF: 5.15 org/10.1016/j.apsusc.2016.10.130
- Tunable Optical Properties in Atomic Layer Deposition grown ZnO Thin Films” Dipayan Pal, Aakash Mathur, Ajaib Singh, Jaya Singhal, Amartya Sengupta, Surjendu Dutta, Stefan Zollner, Sudeshna Chattopadhyay* Journal of Vacuum Science & Technology A 35, 01B108 (2017) IF: 1.83 org/10.1116/1.4967296
- “Structure and morphology of magnetron sputter deposited ultrathin ZnO films on confined polymeric template” Ajaib Singh, Susanne Schipmann, Aakash Mathur, Dipayan Pal, Amartya Sengupta, Uwe Klemradt , Sudeshna Chattopadhyay* Applied surface science 414, 114-123 (2017) IF: 5.15 org/10.1016/j.apsusc.2017.04.078
- “Structure and morphology of magnetron sputter deposited ultrathin ZnO films on confined polymeric template” Ajaib Singh, Susanne Schipmann, Aakash Mathur, Dipayan Pal, Amartya Sengupta, Uwe Klemradt , Sudeshna Chattopadhyay* Applied surface science 414, 114-123 (2017) IF: 5.15 doi.org/10.1016/j.apsusc.2017.04.078
- “Effect of Substrates and Thickness on Optical Properties in Atomic Layer Deposition Grown ZnO Thin Films" Dipayan Pal, Jaya Singhal, Aakash Mathur, Ajaib Singh, Surjendu Dutta, Stefan Zollner, Sudeshna Chattopadhyay* Applied Surface Science, 421, 341-348 (2016) IF: 5.15 doi.org/10.1016/j.apsusc.2016.10.130
- “Near room temperature atomic layer deposition of ZnO thin films on poly (methyl methacrylate) (PMMA) templates: A study of structure, morphology and photoluminescence of ZnO as an effect of template confinement” Ajaib Singh, Aakash Mathur, Dipayan Pal, Amartya Sengupta, Sudeshna Chattopadhyay* Vacuum 161, 398-403 (2019) IF: 2.51 doi.org/10.1016/j.vacuum.2019.01.006
- Aakash Mathur*, Deepak Gupta, Reshu Saxena. “Enzyme responsive nanoparticles for drug delivery”, Application of Nanoparticles in Diagnosis, Drug Delivery and Therapeutic, edited by Divya Bajpai Tripathy, Anjali Gupta, Anuradha Mishra, Arvind Kumar Jain and Kuldeep Singh, Taylor & Francis Group, LLC. ( Under review)
- Deepak Gupta*, Aakash Mathur, Shruti Mishra, Priya Jadoun, Namrata Deka, Priyanki Kalita, Milan Singh, “METAL-BASED NANOLUBRICANTS” Scrivener Publishing, a business partner of John Wiley & Sons (Under Review)
Area of Interest
Research Areas: Polymeric thin films, Confinement effect, optoelectronic devices, Crystal Structure and Defects, Sensors, Flexible Electronics; Photocatalysis; Environmental Remediation.
Thin Films Deposition System such as Atomic Layer Deposition (ALD), Magnetron Sputtering, Dual Ion Beam Sputtering Deposition (DIBSD) and Spin Coating
Technical: X-ray Reflectivity (XRR), Grazing Incidence Small Angle X-Ray Scattering (GISAXS), X-Ray diffraction, Selected Area Electron Diffraction (SAED), UV-Vis, IR/FTIR, Raman, Photoluminescence (PL) Spectroscopy, X-Ray Photoelectron Spectroscopy (XPS), Atomic Force Microscopy (AFM), Transmission Electron Microscopy (TEM) and Scanning Electron Microscopy
Data Analysis Software such as IGOR for XRR analysis, imageJ, Wvase for Ellipsometry and Crystal Maker
PRESENTATION - CONFERENCES/SYMPOSIUM/SCHOOL
- Aakash Mathur, Dipayan Pal, Ajaib Singh, Jaya Singhal, Surjendu Dutta, Sudeshna Chattopadhyay, ‘ZnO-Polymer Nanocomposites: Effect of confinement in optical properties of ALD grown ZnO thin films’, 2nd International Conference on Soft Materials(ICSM-2016), 12-16 December 2016, Jaipur, India (Oral Presentation)
- Aakash Mathur, Dipayan Pal, Ajaib Singh, Sudeshna Chattopadhyay, ‘Controlled surface modification and confinement induced enhanced photocatalytic activity of SiC for renewable energy and environmental remediation’, Conference on Advances in Catalysis for Energy and Environment (CACEE-2018), 10-12 January 2018, held at Tata Institute of Fundamental Research, Mumbai, India (Poster Presentation)
- Dipayan Pal, Aakash Mathur, Ajaib Singh, Surjendu Dutta, Jaya Singhal, Stefan Zollner, Sudeshna Chattopadhyay, ‘Effect of Confinement on Optical Properties in ALD grown ZnO’, 7th International Conference on Spectroscopic Ellipsometry (ICSE-7), 6-10 June 2016, Berlin, Germany