Benefits of NSS
Benefit for Students/ National Service Scheme Volunteers
- Personality Development
- Preference in Admission / Employment
- National Integration camp, Adventure Programme, State level as well as National Level programme
- It helps in acquiring leadership qualities and democratic attitude.
- It provides diversified opportunities to students in colleges and universities to develop their personality through community service.
- It developer a sense of involvement in the task of nation building.
- Volunteer’s interaction with the slum dwellers and villagers expose them to the realities of life and bring about a change in their social perception.
- It helps in developing positive attitude, self-confidence, courage & patience.
- It helps in developing his / her skill to perform certain jobs, quality of an organizer, an
- Administrator and development of personality as a whole.
- He/she gets opportunities to see the community closely and thus gets an experience of human nature in relation to his / her environment.
- Gets the opportunity to meet the people from different walks of life.
- He/she gets the opportunity to participate in various National / State level programme such as National Integration, Motivational Lamps, value oriented self-development camps, Adventure camps, workshops. Youth exhibition, cultural programmes etc.
- A National service scheme contingent of 160 (boys and girls) participants selected after a rigorous test participates in the Republic day parade camp for 3 weeks at New Delhi in the month of January every year.
- NSS volunteer completing 240 hours of regular community service in a period of two years is to be issued an NSS certificate by the college / +2 level Institution or the University/Directorate of education.