Report Plantation Drive on the Occasion of Republic Day
On 26 Jan, 2021, on the occasion of Republic Day 2021, National Service Scheme (NSS) Unit of Galgotias University, Greater Noida in collaboration with Robinhood Army successfully organized a plantation drive and planted a number of trees on the university campus
Voters Awareness Day
On 30 Jan, 2021 "National Martyr's Day" has been observed and a in the memory of our national heroes’ a two minutes silence also observed by National Service Scheme (NSS) Unit of Galgotias University, Greater Noida.
The NSS volunteers along with the students of Galgotias University observed and participated. There was a 46 along with faculty members were present.
Activites Under Unnat Bharat Abhiyaan
- Activity 1: Reducing risk behavior-alcoholism, smoking, substance abuse
- Activity 2: Improving nutrition status for all, with special focus on children, adolescent girls, pregnant women, and lactating mothers
- Activity 3: Universal access to basic health facilities consisting of health card, medical examination
- Activity 4: Tree Plantation activity
- Activity 5: Awareness program on Global warming
- Activity 6: Medical checkup camp
National Service Scheme (NSS) Activities
- CAVACH – Community Action to end Violence against Children (a program under the ministry of Women and Child). The program was organized on 31/07/2019. It provided an opportunity to the female students at Galgotias University to make them aware, empowered, and engaged in various aspects of CAVACH.
- Cleanliness/Swachata Pakhwara - The event was held in university premises on 8/08/19. The focus is made on the cleanliness of the surroundings.More than 25 students actively involved in the Abhiyan and cleaned the College premises.
- International Youth Day Festival - The program was organized on 14/08/19. It provided an opportunity to the students to make them aware about HIV and mental illnesses (like depression) through poster making, presentations, skit and nukkadnatak. More than 150 students actively participated in the program.
- Fit India Programme - This event was organized successfully on the occasion of National Sports Day in Galgotias University on 29/08/19. Prime Minister Narendera Modi addressed student nationwide through LIVE on Fit India movement. He emphasized on the importance of fitness especially in the times we live in and added that people must change their mind set when it comes to physical illness. On fit India Movement occasion yoga has been done in the university. More than 100 volunteers participated in the event.
- Poshan Abhiyan - This event was organized on 17/09/19 in Galgotias University. The focus of the event was to make the students aware of having healthy eating habits through special lecture by Dietician, poster presentations and nukkadnatak by the students. More than 170 students participated the event.
- 150th birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi - This event was carried out successfully on 24/09/19. Various activities have been done Students participated in various activities such as patriotic song, quiz on the life of Mahatma Gandhi and work of Mahatma Gandhi, elocution competition on Gandhian Thoughts and Ideology, debate on Violence and Nonviolence. More than 150 volunteers participated in the event.
- Blood Donation Camp - On 15/10/19, the NSS unit in the collaboration with RRC (Red Ribbon Club, Govt. of India) organized a blood donation camp at the university.
- Environment Preservation Workshop - On 20/01/20 the NSS unit in the collaboration with Vegan Outreach an international non-profit organization working to end violence towards animals and save the environment organized this event. The objective of the event was to realize the importance of being vegan. After the workshop pledge was signed by the students to have healthy eating habits and to come forward to save the environment.
Blood Donation Camp
Environment Preservation Workshop