Electrical Engineering Faculty Back
Dr. Lokesh Varshney
Ph.D. in Electrical Machines and Derives (IIT-BHU, Varanasi, India); M. Tech. in Electrical Machines and Derives (IIT-BHU, Varanasi, India) and B.E. in Electrical Engineering (SGSITS, Indore, India)
Electrical Machines and Drives, Self Excited Induction Generator, Matlab / Simulink, Reliability Engineering, Renewable Energy Systems
Total Experience = 8.5 years (Teaching Experience)
Basic Electrical Engineering, Electrical Machines & Drives, Network Analysis, Electrical Machines, Reliability Engineering, Electrical Machines & Drives and Electrical Machine Design.
- Varshney, Lokesh and Saket, R. K. (2014), “Reliability indices evaluation of SEIG rotor core magnetization with minimum capacitive excitation” International Science Index: Online Special Journal Issues World Academy of Science, Engineering And Technology (U.K.) Volume: 08, Issue No: 09, pp: 01-08, 2014.
- Varshney, Lokesh and Saket, R. K. (2014), “Reliability evaluation of SEIG rotor core magnetization with minimum capacitive excitation for unregulated renewable energy applications in remote areas”, Ain Shams Engineering Journal- Elsevier Publishers (Science Direct) Volume: 05, Issue No: 03, pp: 751-757, June, 2014.
- Varshney, Lokesh and Saket, R.K. (2013), “Reliability indices evaluation of SEIG rotor core magnetization with minimum capacitive excitation for WECs” ICEMPE 2014: XII International Conference on Electrical Machines and Power Electronics, Paris, France, pp: 578 - 586, Sept. 22 - 23, 2014.
- Lokesh Varshney, R. K. Saket and Saeid Eslamian (2013), "Power Estimation and Reliability Evaluation of Municipal Waste Water and Self Excited Induction Generator Based Micro Hydro Power Generation System", IJHST, Inderscience Publishers (United Kingdom), Volume: 03; No: 01; pp: 176-191. Web Site: http://www.indercsience.com/ijhst
- Lokesh Varshney, Albert Newwel and R. K. Saket (2013); “Reliability Evaluation of Self Excited Induction Generator Excitation,” In the proceeding of the Fourth International Conference on Control, Communication and Power Engineering CCPE–SPRINGER-2013, April 26-27, 2013.
- Varshney, Lokesh and Saket, R.K. (2013); “Reliability Evaluation of Residual Magnetism in Rotor of SEIG,” In the proceeding of the IEEE Students Conference on Engineering and Systems (SCES), 2013, MNNIT ALLHABAD, pp: 1-4,April 12-14, 2013. Web Site: http://ieeexplore.ieee.org
- R. K. Saket and LokeshVarshney (2012), "Self Excited Induction Generator and Municipal Waste Water Based Micro Hydro Power Generation System", International Journal of Engineering and Technology, Published by: International Association of Computer Science and Information Technology Press (IACSIT), Singapore, Volume. 04, Number: 03, pp. 282-287, ISSN: 1793-8244 (Online Version); 1793-8236 (Print Version), publication year: 2012, Web-Site: www.ijetch.org/ijet
- Lokesh Varshney and R. K. Saket (2012), “Power Estimation of MWW based Generation System Using SEIG,” IEEE Students International Conference on Electrical, Electronics and Computer Sciences (IEEE SCEECS 2012), Maulana Azad National Institute of Technology, Bhopal (Madhya Pradesh), India, pp: 130 - 134, March 01 - 02, 2012, Web Site: http://www.ieeeexplore.org/sceecs.
- Lokesh Varshney, and R. K. Saket (2012), “Squirrel Cage Rotor Design for Safety and Reliability Improvement of a Three Phase Induction Machine”, In the proceedings of the Third International Conference on Trends in Information, Telecommunication and Computing, Series Title: Lecture Notes in Electrical Engineering, Volume 150, pp 267-273. DOI: 10.1007/978-1-4614-3363-7_29. Print ISBN: 978-1-4614-3362-0, Online ISBN: 978-1-4614-3363-7, Series ISSN: 1876-1100, Series Publisher: Springer New York, Copyright: 2013, Copyright Holder: Springer Science and Business Media, New York. Web-Site: http://www.spinger.com.
- Lokesh Varshney, Albert newwel and Dr. R. K. Saket(2012); “Reliability Evaluation of an Induction Generator Wind Power Plant ,” In the proceeding of the International Conference on ETEAT,Moradabad, April 6-7,2012.
- Dr. R. K. Saket and Lokesh Varshney (2011), “Self Excited Induction Generator and Municipal Waste Water based Micro Hydro Power Generation System,” IEEE International Conference on Product Development and Renewable Energy Resources (ICPDRE 2011), Chennai (Tamil Nadu), India, pp: 180-185 February 19-20, 2011. Site: http://www.iacsit.org/icpdre.
- Dr. R. K. Saket and Lokesh Varshney (2010), “Development and Performance Evaluation of Municipal Waste Water based Micro Hydro Power Generation System,” International Conference on Green Power Generation: Vision 2020, Hindalco Industries Limited, Renusagar Power Division, The Institution of Engineers (India), Anpara local centre, Sonebhadra, pp: 225-233, December 10 - 12, 2010, Web Site: www.ieindia.org
- LokeshVarshney, R. K. Saket and J. S. Shakya(2011), “The Reliability Evaluation of Induction Machines: An Overview”, International Journal of Research & Reviews in Applied Sciences,7 (3), June 2011.
- Designed and developed the hybrid system such as Battery based Waste Water micro hydro electric power and photo voltaic system has been implemented at institute of medical science, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi (India) during session 2007-2008 with Dr.R.K.Saket and Er. Anand Kumar K. S.
- Designed and Estimated the Power of Waste Water based micro hydro electric power using SEIG has been implemented at Brocha Sewage Pump Station, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi (India) during session 2008-2009 with Dr. R.K.Saket.
Awards & Achievements
- Secured First Prize in Regional Science Center Quiz Programmed at Bhopal, M.P (1994- 1995 ).
- Secured 97% in Mathematics at Higher Secondary Examination.
- Secured an All India Rank of 655 (96.2 percentile) in GATE-2007.
- Best CAD Project in 2nd Semester M.Tech at Electrical Engg. Department. IIT BHU, Varanasi.(2007-2008).
- Sponsored the Project Designed and Developed the Economical hybrid system such as micro hydro electric power and wind power system by Singh Construction Co. (2010).
- Best Paper Award in National Conference on Advances in Electrical and Electronics Engineering at Swami Vivekanand College of Engineering, Indore (M.P) (2010-2011).