Mass Communication Faculty Back
Dr. Shuchi Yadav
Professional Experience (21 years)
- 15 years in media industry
- 7 years in teaching (Under Graduate, Post Graduate & PhD programs)
- PhD, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi
- MA. MPhil, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi
- B.A (Hons.) Daulat Ram College, Delhi University, Delhi
Certificate Courses / Academic Programs
- Programme for Diplomatic Correspondents, Ministry of External Affairs, New Delhi
- Course on Book Publishing, National Book Trust, New Delhi
- Ten Day ICSSR Workshop on Research Methodology Program in Communication Studies and Social Science; Organized by CCMG, Jamia Milia Islamia, New Delhi
- Fact Checking & Verification Workshop by Data Leads, Google Initiative, Centre for Investigative Journalism held at Foreign Correspondent’s Club, New Delhi, Nov 3, 2018
Television Journalism, Media, Culture & Conflict, Representations of History in Media
Awarded M.Phil grant (1999) from Indian Council for Historical Research, New Delhi
Research Guidance (M.Phil & Ph.D)
Co-Guide in 1 M.Phil and 1 PhD Degree (Ongoing) in the Department of Journalism & Mass Communication, Gujarat Vidyapith, Ahmedabad.
Professional Membership and Association
- Member, The International Association for Media and History (UK, US and Europe)
- Member, All India Communication and Media Association, New Delhi
- Member, Press Club of India, New Delhi
- Member, Indian Women Press Corp, New Delhi
Major Research Projects
- Co-Project Director in ICSSR funded Major Research Project entitled –‘The Role of Media in Jammu & Kashmir: a factual study of Happening and the Content of the Media on Day to Day Basis.' (Ongoing)
- Co-Project Director, CARDC ( Centre for Advanced Research on Development & Change) funded research project – ‘Culture, Community & Identity : A Study of the Goan Diaspora'.
E-Content Development [A UGC-INFLIBNET, Ministry of H.R.D. Project]
Developed e-content; module on 'News and Conflict' for e–PG Pathshala
Electronic Media / Film Productions
- Television News Content Produced – Hundreds of Stories on national, international and strategic affairs for Network18 as Senior Correspondent, Foreign Affairs. Can be viewed on https://www.news18.com/byline/shuchi-yadav.html
- Short Film on Centre for Digital Financial Inclusion, New Delhi ( Assistant Producer, DiG News Production House Project for CDFI, New Delhi)
- Documentary on Kushok Bakula Rinpoche (Content Producer, DiG News Production House Project for Jammu and Kashmir Study Centre, New Delhi). The film was screened at National Scholars Confluence on Bahujan Hitay
- Bahujan Sukhaya Lokanukampaya & Geo-Strategy of Himalayan Region, May16-18, 2018; CIBS, Choglamsar, Leh, Ladakh, jointly organized by India Foundation & Jammu Kashmir Study Centre, Sponsored by IGNCA, ICHR, ICPR and CIBS.
- Documentary on Life of Scheduled Tribes in Bihar (Content Producer, DiG News Production House Project for Centre for Advanced Research on Development and Change, New Delhi, 2017)
- BA JMC (Bachelor Courses) Journalism Basics, Electronic Media: TV Journalism; Media Psychology and Audience Studies; New Trends in Media; Contemporary Issues in Indian Politics; Contemporary Social Issues; Journalism Basics, TV Anchoring, Print Media Reporting and Editing
- MA JMC (Masters Courses) Audio-Visual Media Production; Principles &Theories of Mass Communication; Broadcast Industry; Electronic Media: TV Specialization.
Research Papers Published
- “Historiography of Folklore: Exploring the Shifts in the Past Theoretical Perspectives” International Journal of Innovative Knowledge Concepts, Vol 6, Issue 7, July 2018, ISSN: 2454-2415, (peer reviewed & UGC listed)
- Women, Television & Dis/ability: Exploring the Emotional Public Sphere in Reality Shows', Journal of Psychological Researches – An International Journal, , Volume 61, Number 2 (August, 2017), ISSN: 00223972, (peer reviewed & UGC listed)
- 'Media and Massacre: The Hashimpura Event, 1987; in Studies in People's History, Sage Publication, ISSN: 23484489, (peer reviewed & UGC listed)
- "Television, News and History: Exploring New Paradigms” Indian Journal of Human Relations, ISSN :09741089 in Vol 51 (i), 2017, (peer reviewed & UGC listed)
- "Heritage Tourism and Historical Experience: Understanding the Use of Past in Constructing Brand India, The Equanimist ISSN: 23957468, (peer reviewed & UGC listed )
- 'Situating The Idea of Truth: Constructing The Past in News Narratives' Madhya Bharti, Vol 74, Jan-June, 2018 (peer reviewed & UGC listed), ISSN: 0974-0066.
- "Photographs, Tropes and Violence", accepted publication in Social Scientist (peer reviewed & UGC listed), ISSN: 09700293.
- Tribal Sports: A Study of Games and Riddles of the Baiga Tribes, Indian Journal of Human Relations, ISSN :09741089, 2018, (peer reviewed & UGC listed)
- 'News and Conflict', e-content in PG Pathshala'
- Tribal Myths, Folk Tales and Songs in Colonial India: Understanding Traditional Folk Media as a Tool for Social History, accepted publication in Communicator, The Journal of Indian Institute of Mass Communication, New Delhi (peer reviewed & UGC listed), ISSN: 0588-8093
Research Papers Presented, National / International Conference Attended/ Invited Lectures/Resource Person
- "Media Technologies and Development in India", invited lecture on Aug'26, 2017 at the 6th International Conference on Sustainable Development of the Society: Current Trends and Future Outlook, 2017 organized by Swami Shraddhanand College, University of Delhi
- 'Menstruation and Ayurveda: Healing Through Ancient Knowledge Systems', paper presented on March 10, 2018 at the Second International Conference on Global Climate Change & Eco System Management – Culture, Traditions & Nature, New Delhi.
- 'Television and Sectarian Violence', paper presented on July 12, 2017 at the Pantheon-Assas University, Paris, International Association of Media and History Conference Paris, July 9-13 organized by Centre for Interdisciplinary Research and Analysis of the Media/French Press Institute.
- Television and Trauma, 3rd International Conference by the Dept of Applied Psychology of the Pondicherry University & 6th InSPA international conference 2016, 0ct 13-15, presented on 15 Oct, Scientific Session XXI, Global Initiatives on Mental Health & Well Being , Chair: Prof RN Singh.
- "Portraying Dis/ability on Television: A Content Analysis of Dance Reality Shows"; 2nd International Conference of Indian Academy of Health Psychology, Gautam Budha University, Greater Noida; 16-18 Dec' 2016
- World Education Summit 2017, New Delhi, Two Day International Conference on Higher Education, organized by AICTE, NSDC, UGC.
- World Bank Roundtable on Global Trends in Higher Education, New Delhi, 2017
- 'Role of Communication for inculcating the Water Budgeting Habits', delivered lecture and conducted workshop on Sept 8, 2015 organized at Laxmi Bai College, University of Delhi by Centre for Advanced Research on Development and Change, New Delhi.
- Invited Speaker on ‘Narratives of Gender Discrimination in Bollywood’, National Seminar on Gender Sensitization -Women, Gender and Patriarchy: Exploring the Margins; Department of philosophy, University of Delhi; October 15-17, 2018.
- National Scholars Confluence on Bahujan Hitay Bahujan Sukhaya Lokanukampaya & Geo-Strategy of Himalayan Region, May16-18, 2018; CIBS, Choglamsar, Leh, Ladakh, jointly organized by India Foundation & Jammu Kashmir Study Centre, Sponsored by IGNCA, ICHR, ICPR and CIBS.
- Television, News and Jammu & Kashmir, invited speaker at National Seminar on 'Media and Jammu & Kashmir at Satyawati College, October 30, 2017, Delhi University, organized by Centre for Advanced Research on Development & Change along with Department of Political Science, Satyawati College, Delhi University
- ‘Media and Gender Discrimination: the Contours of Reel and Real Life in Contemporary Bollywood’ paper presented on October 15 at the National Seminar on Gender Sensitization -Women, Gender and Patriarchy: Exploring the Margins; Department of philosophy, University of Delhi; October 15-17, 2018.
- ‘Motivational Framing and Militancy in Jammu-Kashmir: A Study of Burhan Wani’s Online Hate Content’ paper presented on 6th November at National Conference on Emerging Trends & Cultures of the New Media Technologies – 2018 organized by Eureka Publishers & Galgotias University, Greater Noida.
- Participated at the National Conference on Women Legislators: Building Resurgent India at Central Hall, Parliament, New Delhi, March 5-6, 2016, organized by Smt Sumitra Mahajan, Honourable Speaker of Lok Sabha, Parliament of India, New Delhi.
- Voluntary Organizations & Media' – lecture on 17th April 2016, organized by NAQSH, India Habitat Centre, New Delhi
- July 2017 – ongoing:
Associate Professor, School of Media & Communication Studies, Galgotias University, Greater Noida.
- 2014 to July 2017:
Assistant Professor, School of Media & Communication Studies, Galgotias University, Greater Noida.
- 2013 to March 2014:
- Visiting Faculty, 9 dot 9 School of Communication, Aurobindo Society, Shaheed Jeet Singh Marg, New Delhi.
- Resource person, AJK Mass Communication Research Centre, Jamia Milia Islamia University, New Delhi (December 2013)
- Resource Person, Radio Journalism Workshop with News Service Division, All India Radio, New Delhi (January 2013)
- Research Consultant, Brand & Marketing Research, TNS Global Marketing Research Company, Gurgaon
- 2011-2013 – Academic Associate, Department of Indian Information Service, Indian Institute of Mass Communication, New Delhi
- 2010-ongoing - Consulting Editor (Research & Production), DiG News Production House, New Delhi
- 2005-2010- Senior Correspondent, Foreign Affairs, CNN-IBN TV News Channel
- 2004-2005 - Media Consultant, Sage Publications, New Delhi
- 2002-2004 - Production Executive, Sahara India TV Network, Noida
- 1999-2000 - Research Assistant, Observer Group of Publications, New Delhi