Computer Science & Engineering Faculty Back
>Dr. Mukund Pratap Singh
“To excel in the field of teaching and training and consistently improving my skills through updated knowledge & performing research activities in the field of computing and its application.”
- Ph.D. (Enrolled in July 2013) Motilal Nehru National Institute of Technology-Allahabad with 7.75 CPI in Course Work. (Thesis submitted).
- M.Tech in GIS and Remote Sensing branch from Motilal Nehru National Institute of Technology-Allahabad, June 2013 with 7.2 CPI.
- B.Tech in Computer science & Engineering branch from United College of Engineering & Research Allahabad.
- Intermediate Examination, from M. Lal Public Intermediate College Naini Allahabad.
- High School Examination, from S. R. Intermediate College Karachhana Allahabad.
- Thesis Title: - GIS based Multi-criteria Decision Analysis for Design and Evaluation of Route Alignment.
- Working Area: - Optimization, GIS, Image Classification, Spatial Decision Support System, Multi-criteria Decision analysis, AHP.
- Platform: - ArcGIS, ERDAS Imagine, Mat Lab, AHP Tool.
- Brief Description - This thesis discusses an approach using Geographic Information Systems (GIS) and a highly structured spatial multi-criteria decision analysis (MCA) to identify optimal route alignment based on available environmental, social, economic and technical spatial datasets. The goal of GIS based spatial MCDA is to faster better and more informed routing decisions. Spatial MCA provides a transparent, quantifiable, repeatable and robust medium to derive a routing solution that will balance the development objectives with those of the stakeholders and the public at large.
Master of Technology Thesis
- Thesis Title: - Traffic Classification System using video data in image processing technique with GIS Technology.
- Working Area: - GIS, Image Processing.
- Platform: - ArcGIS, Mat Lab.
- Brief Description – In this study performed based on the different level of analysis viz, detection tracking, shadow detection and removal and classification. Classification is done based on the dimensions of vehicles; we compute the actual length and height of the vehicles Vision-based detection and classification of vehicles in image sequences of traffic scenes recorded by a stationary camera. The proposed method is based on the establishment of correspondences between regions and vehicles, as the vehicles move through the image sequence. Experimental results from Allahabad (Teliyarganj) road scenes are provided which demonstrate the effectiveness of the method. Automatic traffic surveillance system to estimate important traffic parameters from video sequences using only one camera. Different from traditional methods that can classify vehicles to only heavy vehicle and light vehicle; the pro-posed method has a good ability to categorize vehicles into more specific classes by introducing a new “linearity” feature in vehicle representation. In addition, the proposed system can well tackle the problem of vehicle occlusions caused by shadows, which often lead to the failure of further vehicle counting and classification. The system can classify vehicles into two categories, trucks and non-trucks, based on the dimensions of the vehicles.
Subject Of Interest
- Theory of Computation (Automata Theory)
- Compiler Design
- Image Processing
- Geographic Information System
- Satellite Image Processing
- Principal of Remote Sensing
- Artificial Intelligence
- September 2007 – January 2008: DSI Software Pvt. Ltd New Delhi.
- September 2008 – December 2008: Ambedkar Polytechnic College New Delhi as a Lecturer in Computer Science Department.
- January 2009 – July 2011: CSM College of Engineering & Technology Allahabad as a Senior Lecturer in Computer Science Department.
Technical Paper Publications
- Mukund P. Singh and P. Singh (2017) “Multi-criteria GIS Modeling for Optimum Route Alignment Planning in Outer Region of Allahabad City, India”. Published in SCI (Arab J Geosci 10:294 with impact factor 1.2)
- Mukund P. Singh and P. Singh (2018) “GIS-based multi-criteria decision analysis for optimal route alignment planning using analytical hierarchy process (AHP)”. (Under review in Neural Computing and Applications with impact factor 2.505 (Springer publication))
- Mukund P. Singh and P. Singh (2018) “Fuzzy AHP based Multi-criteria Decision Making Analysis for Route Alignment Planning using Geographical Information System (GIS)”. (Under review in Journal of Geographical Systems with impact factor 1.314 (Springer publication))
International/ National Conferences
- Attended National Conference on “Applications of Mathematics in Engineering and Sciences”, during Nov. 29-30, 2014 at MNNIT Allahabad.
- Paper presented with entitled “A GIS based Decision support system for optimum route alignment planning for major road within two locations”, in International Conference of International Academy of Physical Sciences on Recent Trends in Physical Sciences, during December 22-24, 2015, at University of Allahabad.
- Paper presented with entitled “GIS based MCDA optimization method for designing and evaluation of route alignments using fuzzy-AHP technique and Least cost path analysis” in the International conference on Urban Geoinformatics (ICUG-2017), during February 22-23, 2017 at TERI University, New Delhi.
- “Sensitization Workshop on Intellectual Property Rights” during February 6-7, 2014 at MNNIT Allahabad.
- “Workshop on Disasters and Their Management” during May 29-31, 2014 at MNNIT Allahabad.
- “National Instructional Workshop on Cryptology” during June 5-9, 2014 at MNNIT Allahabad.
- National Workshop on Teaching–Learning-Assessment: Techniques and Practices (TLA: TP 2017) during March 24-25, 2017 at MNNIT Allahabad.
Short Term Course Attended
- “Bio-Inspired and Geospatial Techniques” during February 27- March 03, 2015 at MNNIT Allahabad.
- “Application of Mat lab in Science, Technology and Management” during December 01-07, 2016 at MNNIT Allahabad
- “Training Program on Monitor Forest Cover and Deforestation using Advanced Remote Sensing Techniques under UN-CECAR/INATE Framework in support of REDD+MRV System” during May 17 – 18, 2016 at University of Allahabad, Uttar Pradesh, India.
- Organization - GnixINFOSOFT
- Project Title - Online Book Tracing
- Duration - 26 June 2006 to 5 August 2006
- Brief Description - To search the online book Available in Library Catalog.
- Institute Name –United College of Engineering & Research Allahabad (B.Tech)
- Project Title-DATA COMPRESSION
- Duration-6 month
- Brief Description- To Compress the text data without any loss
- Programming Languages: C, C++ and Java.
- Platforms: Linux, Windows.
- GIS Package – Arc GIS 10, ERDAS EMAGINE 10
POSITIONS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Sport Coordinator of the 45th Annual Athletic Meet 2011 in MNNIT Allahabad.
- Sport Coordinator of the 47th Annual Athletic Meet 2014 in MNNIT Allahabad.
- Reading News Paper
- Playing Cricket