Computer Science & Engineering Faculty Back
Ms. Deepika Sherawat
- Currently working at Galgotias University, Greater Noida as Assistant
Professor in School of Computer Science and Engineering since 1
- Worked in Government Post Graduate College, Ambala Cant as
Assistant Professor in Computer Science Department from August 2015
to 24 April 2017.
Analyzing sentiments over big data.
- Currently working in Mining Human Behavior from social networks by using supervised machine learning techniques.
- Predicting Symptoms of depression by analyzing their social media behavior.
Masters of Technology In Computer Engineering (UIET, KU) – 80.4% 2012-14
- Thesis: Early Detection Of Social Unrest By Analyzing Level Of Anger & Fear In SNS Textual Data
I have worked upon emotion detection from social networking sites that can help us find out all those nodes that are causing or in near future can cause social unrest by the use of social media so as to communicate and spread their emotion to the masses. If the process is further developed it can help curb various riot like situations. Under guidance of Dr. Sanjeev Dhawan.
- Written book on Artificial Intelligence with ISBN-13-978- 93- 81252- 46-8.
- Deepika Sherawat, "Mining Emotions (Anger & Fear) from Indian Army Fans Page on Facebook", International Conference on Advances in Computer Engineering and Applications (ICACEA) 2015, 978-1-4673-6911-4/15/$31.00©2015 IEEE.
- Deepika Sherawat, "Emotion Mining Techniques in Social Networking Sites", International Journal of Information & Computation Technology. ISSN 0974-2239 Volume 4, Number 12 (2014), pp. 1145-1153.
- Attended two International Conference, Six National Seminar & One National Workshop.
Bachelors of Technology In Information Technology (M.M.U.) - 74.67% 2008-2012
- Database Creation and E M Configuration
The project was concerned with the manual database creation in Oracle 10g. This database was manually created and using it the EM (enterprise manager) was configured. This is a graphical tool which can operate any command of oracle graphically. Role: Module lead, Database designer. Team Size: 3.
- Problem Solving Using Genetic Algorithm
The Genetic Algorithm generate solutions to optimization problems using techniques inspired by natural evolution, such as inheritance, selection, crossover, mutation. The project was concerned with the implementation of the algorithm in Java. Role: Database designer, UI Developer. Team Size: 4.
- Higher Secondary (Central Board of Secondary Education, India) - 71.8% - 2008
- Senior Secondary (Central Board of Secondary Education, India) - 85% - 2006
- Qualified GATE in 2012, 2015 & 2017.
- Qualified CBSE UGC NET in December 2014.
- Primary Programming Languages: C, C++, Java, Python, SQL.
- Tools and Libraries: MS office, Matlab.
- Operating Systems: Windows, Linux.
- Data Science and Data Analytics
- Data Science with Machine Learning.
Subjects of Interest
- Artificial Intelligence
- Data Mining
- Data Structure
- Hands on experience of working with Moodle (LMS), Mastersoft ERP, Inpods & MGH.
- Nominated for College Computer Society (Cecho IT Legacy).
- National Mathematics Olympiad percentile 80%.
- Active participation in painting, rangoli, sports competition.
- Qualified NSTSE (National Level Science and Talent Search Examination).
- Organized events in TAKNEEK’13, U.I.E.T. Technical fest.