Computer Science & Engineering Faculty Back
Mr. Amit Kumar
Pursuing Ph.D. in Computer Science & Engineering (July, 2017) from U.T.U., Uttarakhand, M.Tech. in Computer Science & Engineering (R.T.U, Rajasthan), B.E. in Computer Science & Engineering (M.N.R.E.C., Allahabad, India).
Title of Ph.D. Thesis "An Investigation into Building Efficient Recommender System (RS)"
- “Attendance Management System”, Amit Kumar, Kartik Saini and Dhruv Solanki has been accepted for publication in UGC Approved Journal, International Journal of Computer Engineering & Technology (IJCET), Volume 9, Issue 2, (Mar-Apr 2018) issue.
- “Empirical Evaluation of Software Component Metrics”, Amit Kumar, Deepak Chaudhary, Avadhesh Kumar, International Journal of Scientific & Engineering Research (IJSER), pp: 814-820 Volume 5, Issue 5, May-2014, ISSN 2229-5518, IF- 3.2 .
- “Software Component Reusability Evaluation And Metric Consideration”, Amit Kumar, Deepak Chaudhary, Avadhesh Kumar, International Conference on Technological Innovations through Modern Engineering Sciences, 2013 pp-401-444,ISBN: 978-93-81771-22-8.
Workshop/ Seminars/ Conferences Attended/ Organized
- Completed 3 weeks online course “Introduction to Big Data” authorized by University of California, San Diego offered through Coursera with 100% Grade on August 1, 2018 (Verify at coursera.org/verify/RMTH4RA965FE).
- Attended Faculty Certification Program on Digital Learning Platforms, conducted by McGraw Hill Education for Galgotias University, Greater Noida.
- Attended Faculty Development Programme on “Nature Inspired Algorithms for Solving Complex Engg. Problems (FDP-NIASCEP’2018)” held at Galgotias University, Greater Noida from 23rd -27th April, 2018.
- Attended workshop on “Writing Research Paper/ Project Proposals” organized by School of Computing Science and Engineering, Galgotias University, Greater Noida on March 28, 2018.
- Attended one day workshop on “Machine Learning” organized by Palin Analytics at Galgotias University, Greater Noida on March 16, 2018.
- Attended TEQIP-III sponsored “Pre-Ph.D. Course Workshop on Research Methodology” organized at Uttarakhand Technical University, Dehradun from 26-30 December, 2017.
- Organized Campus Connect Webinar series on "UI Technologies" from Infosys at Galgotias University, Greater Noida from 20th September- 11th October (8 days), 2017.
- Attended Workshop on “Mc Graw Hill Smart/Connect Books of Faculties” on 01.08.16 at Galgotias University, Greater Noida.
- Attended Workshop on “Android Application Development” from 11th– 14thJuly, 2016 at Galgotias University, Greater Noida.
- Attended Workshop on “Universal Human Values and Ethics”, held at IIT Kanpur, India from 22-29 June, 2016.
- Attended Webinar on “Overview of Campus Connect Portal” on June 6, 2016.
- Organized Industrial Visit “SPARK 2016” on 1/5/2016 to Infosys Chandigarh.
- Member of Organizing Committee of “International Conference on Computing Communication and Automation (ICCCA2016)” held at Galgotias University from 29-30th April, 2016 (www.iccca2016.com).
- Attended Workshop on “Universal Human Values and Ethics Level-2”, held at MSSS, Kanpur from 1-7 July, 2015.
- Attended Faculty Development Program, “Foundation Program 4.0” at Infosys, Chandigarh, June 8-10, 2015.
- Organized workshop on “FP 4.0 Session Plan for Focus Area –1,2,&3” on 24& 28/4/2015 for Infosys selected students at Galgotias University, Greater Noida.
- Attended Workshop on “Universal Human Values”, held at Galgotias University, Greater Noida, December 23-24, 2014.
- Attended Workshop on “Universal Human Values and Ethics”, held at Galgotias University, Greater Noida, U.P., India from January 27- February 1, 2014.
- Attended International Conference on Technological Innovations through Modern Engineering Sciences held at IET, Alwar, Rajasthan, India from February 23-24, 2013.
- Attended Workshop on “Crystal Report Writing” at Intex Noida, India from August 21- 24, 2012.
- Attended Workshop on “LaTex: The Language of Scientific Dissertation Writing” held at IET, Alwar, India from October 24- 25, 2010.
- Attended Workshop on “Faculty Development- Planning, Implementation and Evaluation” at NITTR, Chandigarh, India from February 2-6, 2009.
- Attended Workshop on “Web Designing and E-commerce” at Skyweb India Limited, Noida, India from June 15- 30, 1999.
- “Intex ERP System” for J.K. Cotton Ltd., Kanpur, India from March 2012- September 2012.
- “Financial Accounting System” for Lohia Starlinger Ltd., Kanpur, India from August 2006-June 2009.
- “Ryatech. MobiAdmin” for New Holland (India) Pvt. Ltd., Greater Noida, India from February 2006- August 2006.
- “Portable Digital Media Player” for Spectrum Technologies, Bangalore, India from April 2002- February 2004.
- “Campus Card” for Skyweb India Limited, Noida, India from June2000- April 2001.
- “Employee Card” for Skyweb India Limited, Noida, India from August 1999- June 2000.
- “Simulation of Heat Pump Installation” for Skyweb India Limited, Noida, India from October 1998- August 1999.
- “Intranet Mailing System” for Skyweb India Limited, Noida, India from January 1998-October 1998.
- “Computerized Inventory Control Package” for Skyweb India Limited, Noida, India from February 1997 - December 1997.
- “ricemandi.com” for Skyweb India Limited, Noida, India from June 1996- December 1996.
- “vajrabodhisocietyindia.com” for Skyweb India Limited, Noida, India from January 1996-June 1996.
- “Development of a Multilayer Feed Forward Neural Network” for Skyweb India Limited, Noida, India from June 1995- December 1995.
Career Advancement Program Undertaken
- “Short term course on Linux” from Linux Learning Center, Koramangala Bangalore, India from June 15- 30, 2002.
- “Java Fundamentals and Java Programming” a course organized by Sun Microsystems at FICCI, New Delhi, India from October 4-10, 1999.
- “Short term course on E-commerce” from PentaSoft, Hauz Khas, New Delhi, India from Feb. 15- March 31, 1999.
M.Tech./MCA/B.Tech. Students Guided
|S.No.||Name||Program||Title/ Topic||Institute/ University||Year|
|1||AKSHAY MATHPAL||B.Tech.||Efficient and advanced man in the middle framework||Galgotias University||2017-18|
|2||RONAK MITTAL||B.Tech.||data hiding in audio file||Galgotias University||2017-18|
|3||SHAILESH KUMAR SAINI||B.Tech.||data hiding in audio file||Galgotias University||2017-18|
|4||MEGHA ARORA||B.Tech.||Public voting system||Galgotias University||2017-18|
|5||SAURABH SUMAN||B.Tech.||Public voting system||Galgotias University||2017-18|
|6||Abhinandan Kumar||B.Tech.||Sales processing and invoicing||Galgotias University||2017-18|
|7||AMIT KUMAR||B.Tech.||Sales processing and invoicing||Galgotias University||2017-18|
|8||Ankit||B.Tech.||Sales processing and invoicing||Galgotias University||2017-18|
|9||LAKSHAY||B.Tech.||Criminal records with face detection||Galgotias University||2017-18|
|10||Smriti||B.Tech.||Iris Recognition Using Image Processing||Galgotias University||2017-18|
|11||Kanchan Kumari||B.Tech.||Image Enhancement Using Modified Medium Filter||Galgotias University||2017-18|
|12||DHRUV SOLANKI||MCA||Café Management System||Galgotias University||2017-18|
|13||KARTIK SAINI||MCA||Café Management System||Galgotias University||2017-18|
|14||Mohit||MCA||GYM Guide||Galgotias University||2017-18|
|15||Ayush Sharma||MCA||GYM Guide||Galgotias University||2017-18|
|16||Prankul Javreva||MCA||METROAPP||Galgotias University||2017-18|
|MCA||GETTOYS (Website)||Galgotias University||2017-18|
Anil Kr. Rajput
|MCA||GETTOYS (Website)||Galgotias University||2017-18|
|19||ANKUR RATHI||B.Tech.||Face detection||Galgotias University||2016-17|
|20||Vishal Kumar Singh||B.Tech.||Face detection||Galgotias University||2016-17|
|21||Aakash Maliyan||B.Tech.||Web real time communication||Galgotias University||2016-17|
|22||Parth Khurana||B.Tech.||Web real time communication||Galgotias University||2016-17|
|23||YATHARTH DEOLY||B.Tech.||University Alumini Management||Galgotias University||2015-16|
|24||HARPREET SINGH||B.Tech.||University Alumini Management||Galgotias University||2015-16|
|25||Rashmi Deepika||B.Tech.||Goonj-Clothing For All Housing||Galgotias University||2015-16|
|26||PRACHI PANWAR||B.Tech.||Goonj-Clothing For All Housing||Galgotias University||2015-16|
|27||Pratyush||B.Tech.||University Alumini Management||Galgotias University||2015-16|
|28||Pradip Kumar||MCA||Bug Tracking System||Galgotias University||2015-16|
|29||Avanish Kumar||MCA||Bug Tracking System||Galgotias University||2015-16|
|32||Shefali Jain||MCA||-||Galgotias University||2014-15|
|33||Kuldeep Gupta||MCA||-||Galgotias University||2014-15|
|37||Rahul Kumar||M.Tech.||ManyCoreProcessor with Parallel Architecture||Galgotias University||2013-14|
|38||Richen Yadav||M.Tech.||Vulnerability in ARM: A return oriented programming approach||Galgotias University||2013-14|
|39||Vikash Dwivedi||MCA||Automated Network Administrator Tool||Galgotias University||2012-13|
|40||Ravi Shankar||MCA||Automated Network Administrator Tool||Galgotias University||2012-13|
|41||Divya Prakash||MCA||Automated Network Administrator Tool||Galgotias University||2012-13|
|42||Mohit Juyal||MCA||Employee Management System||Galgotias University||2012-13|
|43||Chandan singh Bisht||MCA||Employee Management System||Galgotias University||2012-13|
|44||Aaditya Kumar||MCA||Noida Yellow Page||Galgotias University||2012-13|
|45||Alok Ranjan||MCA||Noida Yellow Page||Galgotias University||2012-13|
|46||Neeraj Singh Rawat||MCA||Noida Yellow Page||Galgotias University||2012-13|
|47||Kumar Avinash||MCA||Stock Analizer||Galgotias University||2012-13|
|48||Sahid Ali||MCA||Stock Analizer||Galgotias University||2012-13|
Total Experience = 21.5 years (Teaching Experience: 6.5 years, Industry Experience: 15 years)
- From September 2012 to till date
Organization: Galgotias University, Greater Noida ( www.galgotiasuniversity.edu.in)
Designation: Assistant Professor-III
- From March 2012 to September 2012
Organization: J.K. Cotton Ltd., Kanpur ( www.jkcotton.com)
Designation: ERP Consultant
- From August 2006 to June 2009
Organization: Lohia Starlinger Ltd., Kanpur ( www.lohiagroup.com)
Designation: Software Developer
- From February 2006 to August 2006
Organization: New Holland (India) Pvt. Ltd., Greater Noida (www.newhollandindia.co.in, www.cnh.com)
Designation: Senior Software Engineer
- From February 2002 to February 2006
Organization: Spectrum Technologies, Bangalore
Designation: Senior Software Engineer
- From July 1994 to February 2002
Organization: Skyweb India Limited, Noida
Designation: Team Head Technical (Software Development)
Area of Interest
- Software Engineering, High Performance Scientific Computing, Recommendation System.
- Digital Computer Fundamentals
- Object Oriented Paradigm with C++
- Microprocessors & Micro Controllers
- Digital Design
- Computer Architecture
- .Net Technology
- Universal Human Values & Ethics
- Real Time Data Analytics
- Digital Design & Computer Architecture