Computer Science & Engineering Faculty Back
Mr. Ravinder Ahuja
13 Years 5 Months
||PhD(Pursuing) in Computer Science and Engineering Discipline
||Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee
||M. Tech (Computer Science & Engineering)
||Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee
||B.Tech (Computer Science & Engineering)
||Kurukshetra University, Kurukshetra
||Board of School Education, Haryana
||Board of School Education, Haryana
||Length in Years/Months
|17 July 2019
||Galgotias University Greater Noida
|23 July, 2014
||15 Jan. 2019
||4 Years 6 Months
||Jaypee Institute of Information Technology Noida(UP)
|30 June 2012
||22 July 2014
||2 Years 1 Month
||Jaypee University of Information Technology, Waknaghat Solan, HP
|09 Sept. 2011
||14 June, 2012
||Galgotias College of Engineering and Technology, Greater Noida, UP
|31 August 2005
||08 Sept. 2011
||Jind Institute of Engineering and Technology, Jind Haryana
||Length in Years
|NBA Team Coordinator at JIET Jind
|Admission In charge at JIET Jind
|Technical & Cultural Activity Coordinator at JIET Jind
|Sports In Charge at JIIT Sector-128
|Spoken Tutorials Workshop Coordinator at JIIT Sector-128
||Length in Years
|Time Table In charge
|Coordinator Technical Society IT- Horizon
|College Website Coordinator
|District Level Quiz for 11th and 12th class students(Jind Talent Search Eaxm)
||600 students participated
|Party Organizer(Fresher and Farewell) for Students and Faculty
|Organized “National Conference on Emerging Trends in Intelligent Computing and Communication (EICC-2012)” in Galgootias College of Engineering and Technology Gr. Noida on 13-14 April 2012
|Organized “International Conference on Parallel, Distributed and Grid Computing” in Jaypee University of Information Technology, Waknaghat on 8-10 December, 2012.
|Organized “International Conference on Information and Image Processing” in Jaypee University of Information Technology, Waknaghat on 9-11 December, 2013
|Organized Converge 2k15(Techno-Cultural-Sports Fest) on 28-29 March, 2015 at JIIT Sector-128 Noida
|Organized Converge 2k16(Techno-Cultural-Sports Fest) on 04-06 March, 2016 at JIIT Sector-128 Noida
|Organized Converge 2k17(Techno-Cultural-Sports Fest) on 04-05 Feb., 2017 at JIIT Sector-128 Noida
|Organized Converge 2k18(Techno-Cultural-Sports Fest) on 02-04 Feb., 2018 at JIIT Sector-128 Noida
- VB.Net from SSI education Hisar.
- Attended National conference on “Challenges for Technology and Management in the Knowledge Millenium” at Jind Institute of Engg. & Technology in March-2006.
- Attended Workshop at Dehradun Institute of Technology on LINUX.
- Attended short term course on “embedded system” at JIET, Jind from 7 Oct., 2006 to 27 Oct. 2006 organized by CETPA.
- Attended Workshop on “Computer Based Network Analysis” at NITTTR Chandigarh from 7th May, 2007 to 11th May, 2007
- Attended one day Workshop on Oracle Technologies at JIET, Jind in 25th Nov., 2007 organized by TECHNO School.
- Attended a Short Term Course on “Wireless Communication” at NITTR Chandigarh from 20-24 October, 2008.
- Attended Winter School on “Wireless Communication and Mobile Computing ” from 22 Dec. 2008 to 02 Jan. 2009 at Guru Gobind Singh Indraprashtha University, Delhi
- Attended Faculty Development Programme on “Network Programming and Security” from 05 Jan. 2009 to 16 Jan. 2009 at CDAC Hyderabad.
- Attended QIP sponsored short term course on “Macro Human Culture & Social Sciences” from 07 June 2010 to 11 June 2010 at IIT Roorkee.
- Attended QIP sponsored short term course on “Culture and Communication” from 21 June 2010 to 25 June 2010 at IIT Roorkee.
- Attended Workshop on “Introduction to Graph and Geometric Algorithms” from 28-30 October 2010 at Thapar University, Patiala.
- Attended Faculty Development Programme on “Intelligent Transportation System” from 27 May 2013 to 5 June2013 at CDAC Trivandrum.
- Attended QIP sponsored FDP on “Bioinformatics” from 29 December, 2013 to 02-01-2014 at IIT Bombay.
- Attended one day IPR Awareness Workshop at Jaypee Institute of Information Technology Noida on 23rd August, 2014.
- Attended Faculty Development Programme at JIIT-128 Noida on Intelligent Systems and Automation Technology (ISAT-2016) from June 20-25, 2016.
- Attended Summer Faculty Research Fellow Programme at IIT Delhi from 05th June 2018 to 11th July 2018
- Attended Short Term Course on Document Image Processing at IIT Roorkee from 04-08 September 2018
- Attended Short Term Course on Machine Learning and its Applications at IIT Roorkee(Greater Noida Campus) from 27th -31st October 2018
- Attended three days workshop on Data Science and Visualization Tools at JIIT Sector-128 Noida from 15-17th November 2018
- Attended two days workshop on Current Aspects of Research Evaluation and Plagiarism at JIIT Sector-128 Noida from 30th November to 1st December 2018.
- Attended two days workshop on AI and IOT: Lead the Age of Sensor Technology at JIIT Sector128 Noida from 17-18th December 2018.
Workshop/Faculty Development Programme/Short Term Courses Organized
- Organized 3 Days National Workshop on Computational Intelligence from 26-28th May, 2016 at JIIT Sector-128 Noida
- Organized 5 Days Short Term Program on Multimedia Tools and Utilities from 27-31 March, 2017 at JIIT Sector-128 Noida
- Organized 5 Days Short Term Program on Data Mining and Business Intelligence from 04-08 September, 2017 at JIIT Sector-128 Noida
- Organized 2 Days National Workshop on Computational Intelligence from 01-02 December, 2017 at JIIT Sector-128 Noida
- Ravinder Ahuja, Vishal Vivek, Manika Chandna, Shivani Virmani, and Alisha Banga "Comparative Study of Various Machine Learning Algorithms for Prediction of Insomnia." In Advanced Classification Techniques for Healthcare Analysis, pp. 234-257. IGI Global, 2019.(Scopus Indexed)
- Ravinder Ahuja, Shruti Kohli, Pratyush Ahuja, Aakarsha Chugh and Shaurya Gupta “ Machine Learning Introduction, its types, Algorithms and Applications” Nature-Inspired Computation in Data Mining and Machine Learning (NICDL 2018) Springer Publisher(accepted in press, Scopus Indexed)
- Ravinder Ahuja, Shikhar Asthana, Ayush Ahuja, and Manu Agarwal “Data, its Nature and Modern Data Analytical Tools” Intelligent Data Analysis: From Data Gathering to Data Comprehension Wiley Publisher (Scopus Indexed, Accepted, in Press).
- Alisha Banga, Dr. SC Sharma, and Ravinder Ahuja “Data Analysis in Internet of Things Using Machine Learning Algorithms” Internet of Things, Smart, Computing and Technology: A Roadmap Ahead" Springer Publisher (Scopus Indexed, chapter proposal has been accepted)
- Ravinder Ahuja, and SC Sharma “Detecting Abusive Comments in Social Media with an Ensemble of Deep Learning Algorithms” Sadhana Springer Publisher (SCIE indexed, Under Review).
- Ravinder Ahuja and SC Sharma “Improving Faculty Recruitment Process in Higher Education Using Machine Learning Algorithms” Journal of Computing in Higher Education(SSCI indexed, under review)
- Ravinder Ahuja and SC Sharma “Sentiment Analysis on Different Domains Using Machine Learning Algorithms” in International Conference on Computational Intelligence and Data Science (ICCIDS 2019) paper will be published in Elsevier Procedia Computer Science Elsevier Journal (Scopus Indexed, accepted).
- Ravinder Ahuja, Vineet Maheshwari, Siddhant Manglik, Abiha Kazmi, Rishika Arora, and Anuradha Gupta “Malicious apps Identification in Android devices Using Machine Learning Algorithms” International Journal of Sensors, Wireless Communications and Control (Scopus Indexed, minor revision submitted)
- Ahuja, R., Bansal, S., Prakash, S., Venkataraman, K. and Banga, A., 2018. Comparative Study of Different Sarcasm Detection Algorithms Based On Behavioral Approach. Procedia computer science(Elsevier Journal), 143, pp.411-418.( (Scopus Indexed, UGC approved)
- Ravinder Ahuja, Archit Garg, Daksh Jain, and Deepanshu Sachdeva “Predicting B. Tech student admission decisions by data mining algorithms” International Journal of Engineering & Technology(UAE) Volume-7 Issue 1.3 Pages 90-94(2018). (Scopus Indexed).
- Ravinder Ahuja, Alisha Chopra, Omanshi, Dhruv Sharma “Clustering of faculty by evaluating their appraisal performance by machine learning algorithms” International Journal of Engineering & Technology(UAE) Volume-7 Issue 2.33 Pages 734-738(2018). (Scopus Indexed).
- Ravinder Ahuja, Daksh Jain, Deepanshu Sachdeva, Archit Garg, and Chirag Rajput “Convolutional Neural Network Based Static Hand Gesture Recognition” International Journal of Ambient Computing and Intelligence, 10(3) pages 60-73 IGI Global (Scopus Indexed)
- Ahuja, Ravinder, Aakarsha Chug, Shruti Kohli, Shaurya Gupta, and Pratyush Ahuja. "The Impact of Features Extraction on the Sentiment Analysis." Procedia Computer Science 152 (2019): 341-348. (Scopus Indexed, Elsevier Journal)
- Ahuja, Ravinder, and Alisha Banga. "Mental Stress Detection in University Students using Machine Learning Algorithms." Procedia Computer Science 152 (2019): 349-353. (Scopus Indexed, Elsevier Journal)
- Ravinder Ahuja and Alisha Banga “Resubmission Based Fault Tolerance Approach to Schedule Jobs in GRID Environment” EAI Transactions on Energy Web and Information Technologies 7 (2019) (Scopus Indexed)
- Ravinder Ahuja “Simulation based Performance Evaluation and Comparison of Reactive, Proactive and Hybrid Routing Protocols based on Random Waypoint Mobility Model” International Journal of Computer Applications (0975 – 8887) Volume 7– No.11, October 2010.
- Rajesh Gargi, Ravinder Ahuja, and Asha Kumari “Security Issues in Mobile Ad Hoc Networks and their Solutions” The Journal of Computing (TJC), Volume-2, Issue 4, Page no. 14-22 April 2011.
- Ahuja, Ravinder, Vipul Singhal, and Alisha Banga. "Using Hierarchies in Online Social Networks to Determine Link Prediction." In Soft Computing and Signal Processing, pp. 67-76. Springer, Singapore, 2019. (extended version considered for Scopus Indexed Journal IJCAI IGI Global publisher)
- Chaudhary, Rohan Malhotra, Mayank Jaiswal, Shikhar Gupta, and Ravinder Ahuja "AN ANDROID APP OCR+: FOR TEXT TRANSLATOR, DOCUMENT EDITOR, BUSINESS CARD READER & EQUATION SOLVER" International Journal of Engineering Applied Sciences and Technology, 2016 Vol. 1, Issue 7, ISSN No. 2455-2143, Pages 92-95 May, 2016.
- Ravinder Ahuja and SC Sharma “Cardiac Arrhythmia Diseases Prediction model based on Classification Algorithms” IAET International Conference on Engineering, Computing, Information Technology, Applied Sciences & Smart Material (CITM) Amsterdam Netherlands 29-30 June 2019 (accepted).
- Ravinder Ahuja and SC Sharma “ A Review Paper on Sarcasm Detection” International Conference on Artificial Intelligence: Advances and Applications ICAIAA-2019, Poornima College of Engineering, Jaipur Springer Publisher ( Scopus Indexed, accepted)
- Ahuja, Ravinder, Animesh Jha, Rahul Maurya, and Rishabh Srivastava. "Analysis of educational data mining." In Harmony Search and Nature Inspired Optimization Algorithms, pp. 897-907. Springer, Singapore, 2019. (Scopus Indexed)
- Ravinder Ahuja and Yash Kankane, "Predicting the probability of student's degree completion by using different data mining techniques," 2017 Fourth International Conference on Image Information Processing (ICIIP), Shimla, 2017, pp. 1-4. doi: 10.1109/ICIIP.2017.8313763. IEEE Explore (Scopus Indexed)
- Ravinder Ahuja and Willson Anand, "Sentiment classification of movie reviews using dual training and dual predition," 2017 Fourth International Conference on Image Information Processing (ICIIP), Shimla, 2017, pp. 1-4. doi: 10.1109/ICIIP.2017.8313786 IEEE Explore (Scopus Indexed)
- Ravinder Ahuja, R. Gupta, S. Sharma, A. Govil and K. Venkataraman, "Twitter based model for emotional state classification," 2017 4th International Conference on Signal Processing, Computing and Control (ISPCC), Solan, 2017, pp. 494-498. doi: 10.1109/ISPCC.2017.8269729 IEEE Explore (Scopus Indexed)
- Ravinder Ahuja, and Willson Anand. "Multi-document Text Summarization Using Sentence Extraction." Artificial Intelligence and Evolutionary Computations in Engineering Systems. Springer, Singapore, 2017. 235-242. (Scopus Indexed) (Received Best Paper Award)
- Ravinder Ahuja, Vinit Saini, and Alisha Banga “MRWDPP: Multipath Routing Wormhole Detection and Prevention Protocol in Moblie Ad Hoc Networks ” Proceedings of the International Conference on Data Engineering and Communication Technology Volume 469 of the series Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing pp 513-522 (Scopus Indexed).
- Ravinder Ahuja, Alisha Banga Ahuja and Pawan Ahuja, "Performance evaluation and comparison of AODV and DSR routing protocols in MANETs under wormhole attack," 2013 IEEE Second International Conference on Image Information Processing (ICIIP-2013), Shimla, 2013, pp. 699-702. doi: 10.1109/ICIIP.2013.6707686 IEEE Explore (Scopus Indexed)
- Mohd Noman Siddiqui, Vinit Saini, and Ravinder Ahuja “Trust Management for Grid Environment Using Rule Based Fuzzy Logic” paper published in P2P Trust Management Advances in Network Security and Applications Communications in Computer and Information Science Volume 196, 2011, pp 649-657(Scopus Indexed).
- Ravinder Ahuja, Rajesh Gargi, and Anuj Sharma “Steganography-Data Hiding inside OSI model and Image” presented in International Conference on Advanced Computing and Communication Technologies at APIIT, Panipat (Haryana) 2008.
- Ravinder Ahuja, Rajesh Gargi, and Vinay Goyal “Steganography-Secure Transmission Using Image and Audio Signals” in National Conference on Innovative Developments in Engineering Applications at BGIET, Sangrur 2008
- Ravinder Ahuja, Rajesh Gargi, and Vinay Goyal “Security in Mobile Adhoc Networks” in National Conference on Innovative Developments in Engineering Applications at BGIET, Sangrur 2008
- Ravinder Ahuja, Vinay Goyal, and Shweta Jain “Secure Transmission using Image and Text Steganography” in International Conference on Challenges and Developments in IT May-2008 at PCTE Ludhiana(Punjab)
Reviewer of the following Journals
- International Journal of Ambient Computing and Intelligence (IJACI) (Scopus, ESCI Indexed)
- IEEE Access (SCIE Indexed)
- Kuwait Journal of Science (SCIE Indexed)
- Journal of Big Data (Scopus Indexed)
- International Journal of System Assurance Engineering and Management (Scopus Indexed)
- Database Systems and Web
- Theory of Computation
- Compiler Design
- Computer Organization and Architecture
- Formal Methods in Software Engineering