Computer Science & Engineering Faculty Back
Mr. Gautam Kumar
|Degree/Examination||Year of Passing||School/Institute||Board/University||Percentage/Grade|
|M.Tech.(CSE)||2013||NIT Trichy||NIT Trichy||7.59|
|B.E. / B.Tech.(ECE)||2010||School of Engineering,Kochi, Kerala||CUSAT, Kochi, kerala||65.6%|
|Class XII||2005||DAV Kapildev Public School, Ranchi, Jharkhand||CBSE||63.5%|
|Class X||2003||St.Xavier’s School,Doranda,Ranchi,Jharkhand||ICSE||78%|
Assistant Professor (Grade-I), School of Computing science engineering, Galgotias University, Greater Noida, Uttar Pradesh 201310 (Aug 2016 - Present)
- Assistant Professor, Centre of Information technology, University of petroleum & Energy Studies, Dehradun 248007 (July 2013 - Aug 2016).
LIST JOURNAL PAPER
- Kumar, A. and Kumar, G., 2015. “Assessment of Electronic Waste and Its Impact in India–Recent Scenario. INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL ON OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH & SAFETY, FIRE & ENVIRONMENT – ALLIED SCIENCE” ISSN 2349-977X VOL. 5 ISSUE 1
- Deepank Dixit, Gautam kumar, Abhineet Anand “Automation and Detailed Analysis of Subnetting Problems Using Mathematical Modeling”. International Journal of Pure and Applied Mathematics (IJPAM), ISSN 1324-3324 VOL. 10. ISSUE 1 Jan,2018
- Mini project: Automobile Black Box(B.Tech Project)
The project acts as an accident data recorder .Whenever an accident occurs it records few minutes video as well as sends the information (temperature, pressure, speed, etc.) to the respective persons through GSM Module
- Major Project : VLSI Design and Implementation Of Switched -Capacitor Integrator for a Sigma Delta Modulator(B.Tech Project)
The project mainly discusses about one of the kinds of ADCs known as sigma delta ADCs. Sigma Delta ADCs are based on the principle of direct quantization of signal amplitudes. It has two main basic building blocks integrator and quantizer. The Switched-capacitor integrator has been designed and simulated using PSPICE and MICROWIND tool.
- PG Project: Implementation and performance analysis of CPU Vs. GPU using parallel algorithm and CUDA.(M.Tech Project)
In this project I have compared the performance analysis between CPU and GPU. I have used three algorithms i.e Strassen’s algorithms, winograd’s variant and conjugate gradient method. These algorithms are also implemented on GPU using CUDA.
FIELDS OF RESEARCH INTEREST
- Data communication and Networks.
- Wireless and Adhoc Network.
- Microprocessor and embedded system.
- Digital Design.
- Computer system Architecture.
- Operating System.
- IT Infrastructure Management Operation.
- Cloud computing and virtualization
SOFTWARE SKILL SET
- Languages : C, C++, sql, PHP,XML,HTML,R programming
- Package : PSPICE, MATLAB, Verilog, Microwind, GNS3,Packet Tracer
- Hardware language : Assembly language program.
- Operating System : Windows, Linux, Unix, MAC.
"Automated Canal Irrigation System Using IOT for Indian Farmers" Patent id201711045956 (under process)
- “Cloud computing Platform-I” Conducted by IBM team, 24th july-26th July, 2013.
- “Virtualization and Cloud-I” Conducted by the IBM team, 22nd July-23rd July, 2013
- “IT infrastructure Landscape Overview” conducted by the IBM team, 8th Jan- 10th Jan, 2014
- “Big Data Analytics” conducted by the IBM team, 5th sep- 8th sep, 2014
- Faculty Development Program on “Cloud Infrastructure & services” conducted by EMC Corporation, 16th May- 18th May, 2016.
- “symbolic Computing- signal and Image processing” Conducted by Pentagram Research Centre, Hyderabad, 19th May-23rd May, 2014
- “Matlab-I” conducted by Computing research institute(CRI) in Association with R & D department, CIT, UPES, Dehradun, 19th Nov 2014.
- “2016 IEEE R10 Mini poco” conducted by Next generation computing technology society, 11th June, 2016.
- International conference on “Next generation computing technologies” Conducted by NGCT technically Co- Sponsored by IEEE UP section(India), 4th Sep- 5th Sep, 2015.
- 2016 IEEE R10 Mini POCO” conducted by Next generation computing technology society, 11th June, 2016.
- PC Member for on “Next generation computing technologies” Conducted by NGCT technically Co- Sponsored by IEEE UP section(India), 2016
EXTRA CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES & CO-CURRICULAR Activities
- I had been Event coordinator for Ignite-16 in UPES.
- Event coordinator for IBM Summer excitement 2016 in UPES.
- Won best Course coordinator award given by UPES & Computer society of India.
- Successful candidate in 4th National Science Olympiad.