Computer Science & Engineering Faculty Back
To blend the Functional and Technical Knowledge gained from Academics, Teaching and to apply the secured knowledge in the various field to work with the experts and thereby enhance the Knowledge and Experience in the field.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE – 10 years of Teaching Experience
- Head of the Department in School of Information Technology. (01.10.2016 - till date)
SRM University Sikkim, Gangtok, East Sikkim.
- Assistant Professor in Computer Science & Engineering 17.07.2014 – 09.09.2016 (2.3 Years)
Sri Jayaram Institute of Engineering and Technology, Thiruvallur, Tamilnadu.
- Assistant Professor in Computer Science & Engineering 01.06.2010 – 24.05.2014 (4 Years)
CK College of Engineering and Technology, Cuddalore, Tamilnadu.
- Lecturer in Computer Science and Engineering. 08.12.2006 – 24.10.2008 (2 Years)
IFET College of Engineering, Villupuram, Tamilnadu
|Course||Specialization / Discipline||University||Year of Passing||Marks %||Class|
|Ph. D||Computer Science & Engineering||Anna University, Chennai||Mar 2018||Awarded|
|M.Tech||Computer Science & Engineering||Pondicherry University, Pondicherry||June 2010||76.91||FIRST|
|MBA||General Stream||Pondicherry University (DDE)||June 2012||62.57||FIRST|
|B.Tech||Information Technology||Pondicherry University, Pondicherry||May 2006||76.84||FIRST|
|H.Sc||Matriculation||Fatima Hr.Sec School, Pondicherry||May 2002||81||FIRST|
SUMMARY OF SKILLS
- Having 10 years of teaching experience in well reputed institutions and University.
- Member of Academic Council for approval of Syllabus, SRM University Sikkim.
- Member Secretary in Board of Studies for Framing of Syllabus in IT Department, SRMUS.
- Heading the ERP in the University Level.
- Experienced skilled and student-focused professional.
- Provide safe and motivational learning environment.
- Strong leadership and management skills.
- Experienced in internal administrative tasks in the institution.
- A keen planner, to monitor each and every student’s growth.
- Proven record of completing the assigned syllabus.
- Excellent subject knowledge.
- Skilled in providing advice and guiding students for academic progress
- Skilled in developing instructional methods and assisting students in their projects
AWARDS / APPRECIATION
- Received Academic Excellence Award for the Academic years 2013-14, 2011-12.
- Recognized & Complimented for Achieving 100% result in Computer Networks, Computer Graphics, Data Mining & Distributed System.
- Won “B” Grade in www.worldcolleges.info EFEST 2011, four level online academic Talent hunt held between July 2011 to September 2011.
- Received Rs.8,73,000 from Management in Sri Jayaram Institute of Engineering and Technology for designing and implementing “ Intelligence control based car for Physically Disabled people” in 2015.
- Received the grant of Rs. 50,000 from ICTACT for conducting 3 Days workshop on “Training the Trainers” at CK College of Engineering and Technology, Cuddalore, India from 20.02.2014 to 22.02.2014.
- Received the grant of Rs. 25,000 from CSI India for conducting National Workshop on “Learn to Build a Website” in One Day at CK College of Engineering and Technology, Cuddalore, India on 30 Sep 2013.
- Received the Seminar grant of Rs. 30,000 from CSIR India for conducting Two Days National Seminar on “Research Direction in Computational Intelligence and its applications” at CK College of Engineering and Technology, Cuddalore, India on 18 & 19 May 2012.
RESOURCE PERSON / KEYNOTE SPEAKER
- Special lecture on “Data Mining and its Application” at St.Annes College of Engineering and Technology, Panruti, on 11 Sept 2015.
- Session Speaker, CSIR sponsored National Level two-day Seminar on "Research Direction in Computational Intelligence & its Application" on 18-5-2012 & 19-5-2012.
- Special Lecture on Computer Networks at Anna University of Technology, Tiruchirappalli.
- Special Lecture on Networks issues on 20.09.13 at Dr Pauls Engg College, Villupuram.
- With Srinivasan Alavandar, ‘Wavelet Based Data Mining for Discrimination of ECG Beat Characteristic Points’, under review at Journal of International Measurement Confederation (IMEKO), Elsevier.
- With Srinivasan Alavandar, ‘Data Mining System Using Fuzzy C-Means Clustering for Classification of ECG Signals’, Journal of Electrical Engineering- Dec 2017. (Accepted for Publication)
- With Srinivasan Alavandar, ‘ANN based data mining system for early detection and classification of ECG signals using wavelet’, International Journal of Printing, Packaging and Allied Sciences, vol. 04, no. 5, pp. 3567-3580, 2016.
- With M.K Nallakaruppan, Chandrasekar.T, “Smart Milk Delivery”, International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer Science and Software Engineering (IJARCSSE), 3(5), 2013.
- With R.Raju, R.Ezumalai, “Mitigation of Web-based Attacks using Mobile Agents in Client Side”, International Journal of Computer Theory and Engineering (IJCTE), 2(5), 2010.
IMPORTANT RESPONSIBILITIES UNDERTAKEN
|Head of the Department||HOD in School of Information Technology. From Oct 2016 – Till Date.|
|Research Coordinator||Heading Research and Development Cell in SRM University Sikkim|
|Academic Coordinator||Create and maintain safe and supportive learning environment|
|ISO Management Representative||Ensuring that processes needed for the quality management system are established, implemented and maintained|
|IQAC Coordinator||Develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic action to improve the academic and administrative performance of the institution.|
|Association Coordinator||Organizing Various workshop and Guest lecture to enrich the students’ Knowledge.|
|Alumni Coordinator||Assess alumni in career progress and coordinate alumni events & Build networking opportunity for alumni and student body in order to benefit all through maintenance of alumni website and coordination of bi-annual events.|
|IIPC Coordinator||Arranging Practical Knowledge Training and Industrial Visit to the Students to Various Reputed Software Companies and Research Areas for updating the latest Trends & Technology|
|Extension Activities||Organized Extended Activities on Computer Training program for EB Staffs, Police Community, Registrar office employee and Scout Students|
|Project Coordinator||Motivated the students to do projects in respected area|
|Skill Development Programme Organized||
INTERNATIONAL / NATIONAL CONFERENCES
- Attended and presented a paper in International conference on “Alleviation of web attacks in Server by an Efficient Algorithm” in Saveetha Engineering College, Chennai.
- Attended and Presented a paper in National conference on “Agent Based Efficient Anomaly Intrusion Detection System in Adhoc Networks” in KLN College of Information Technology, Madurai.
- Attended and presented a paper in National Conference on “A Fast Biologically Inspired Algorithm for Recurrent Motion Estimation” in IFET College of Engineering, Villupuram.
PARTICIPATION OF SKILL DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMME
|Participation||Faculty Development Programs||Workshops||Seminars|
|No. of Internal Participation||3||5||5|
|No. of Internal Participation||8||10||5|
- Life Member (LM 56939), Indian Society of Technical Education , India
- Member in Computer Society of India.
- ICTACT (2010 to Till Date)
- IEEE member for the Year 2010
PROJECT PROFILE DESCRIPTION
Ph.D (June2011- Jan 2018) Research Area: Data Mining Implementation Technique: Computational Intelligence
Description: The Electro Cardio Gram (ECG) signal for different diseases comprises many indiscriminate features which make the classification as a big task, for diagnosis and treatment. An accurate prediction and classification of ECG signals are challenging problems. The conventional method of classification gives many inconveniences to the physicians and it forces the public to find experienced cardiologists for their heart related diagnosis and treatment. This situation has motivated to develop a new classifier to reduce high mortality rate of heart diseases. In this research, a systematic study has been carried out to analyze, investigate and develop a data mining algorithm for Electrocardiogram (ECG) signals. Based on the nature of the human heart beats, the physiology cycle gets disturbed, as the normal human heart beat signal has its signature PQRST waveform, whereas the disturbed one will have short R-R intervals. To predict and classify the events happening in the heart, Wavelet Transform (WT) is used. As the ECG signals are non-stationary signals, which can be handled very well with basic data by various WTs, as they adapt two-dimensional time scale processing technique.
Course Work Papers
- Data Warehousing & Data Mining
- Database Technology
- Neural Networks & its Applications
- Fuzzy Set Theory
M.TECH (June 2009-May 2010) Title: Server Reassignment for load balancing using Look Ahead Approach.
Description: Load balancing system is commonly used for highly efficient utilization of the physical or logical resources and enhancing the performance of the distributed systems and scalability of the Internet. Load balancing among the peers is critical to provide a solution for distribution of resources with efficiency. This Project discusses the efficient look ahead algorithm for distributing the resources in a distributed environment. This Project proposes the methodology for addressing architecture for load balancing system with efficient manner. First, it address architecture for mobile agent to roam all the nodes in a distributed network and. second, it address architecture to rearrange the loads using Look ahead algorithm among the peers for better performance of the distributed system.
B.TECH (June 2005-Apr 2006) Title: Load Monitoring of Network Host using Mobile Agent.
Description: This project entitled “Load Monitoring of Network Host using Mobile Agent”. The Mobile Agents are used for monitoring system resources such as CPU load, amount of free/used physical memory, amount of free/used virtual memory, amount of free/used disk space, number of processes running and monitoring time in the network.
PROJECT SUPERVISOR: UG Level
I have supervised more than 15 UG projects for under graduate students in various domains.
AREA OF SPECIALIZATION
- Data Mining.
- Software Engineering.
- Computer Networks.
- Distributed System.
- OS : Unix, Linux, Windows 7 & Windows XP
- RDBMS : SQL Server 2000, Oracle.
- Language : C , C++ and Java
- Web Tools : Servlets, JSP, JDBC, HTML and DHTML