Computer Science & Engineering Faculty Back
Dr. Arvind Kumar
- Total experience is 14.7 Years (13.10 Years Regular Teaching + 09 Months Industrial experience).
- Working as Associate Professor in School of Computing Sciences and Engineering (CSE) Department, Galgotias University Greater Nioda. Since August 2018 to Till date.
- Worked as Associate Professor in CSE Department, Krishna Institute of Engineering and technology(KIET), Ghaziabad. Since Nov.2010 to 30 June 2018.
- Served as Assistant Professor in Krishna Institute of Engineering and technology(KIET), Ghaziabad. Since Nov.2009 to Oct, 2010.
- Served as a Sr. Lecturer in Krishna Institute of Engineering and technology(KIET), Ghaziabad since July, 2006 to Oct, 2009.
- Served as a Lecturer at Department of Computer Science, Raj Kumar Goel Institute of Technology, Ghaziabad, since 2004 to June 2006.
- Deputy Head Examiner (KIET, Ghaziabad) for B.Tech(Computer Science and Engineering) Subjects.
- Question paper setter for B.Tech (Computer Science and Engineering) subjects.
- Proctor at the Institutes level and responsible for carrying out Anti- Ragging Measures activities.
- Maintenance coordinator at department level.
- Coordinator of Result analysis.
- Discipline committee member at department level
- Tech-Fest Coordinator
- Ph.D. (Computer Science)
Ph.D. from School of Computer and Systems Sciences, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi in 2017.
- M. Tech (Computer Science)
From School of Computer and Systems Sciences, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi with (6.16 Grade) 66.6% in 2001.
- Master of Computer and Applications (M.C.A)
From School of Computer and Systems Sciences, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi with (5.85 Grade) 63.5% in 1998.
- UGC Net Exempted certificate
Subjects Taught in B.Tech and M.Tech. Courses at department of Computer Science and Engineering.
- Theory of automata and formal languages
- Discrete Structure and Graph Theory
- Mobile computing
- Wireless and Mobile networks
- Operating System
- Computer Networks
- Computer Graphics
Other Relevant Experience
- Consultant (Part time) for processing MCA Project Proposal in SOCIS, IGNOU, MaidanGarhi, New Delhi-68. During Sept 2004.
- Worked as project trainee, at Biotechnology Information Center (BTIC) in Department of Biotechnology, New Delhi. From September 1998 to May 1999.
Familiar Technologies and Languages
- Familiar with Network tools NS-2 and MATLAB for computing, analyzing and simulating Research based Papers for Mobile Communication.
- Familiar with Automation tools JFLAP and AutoSim of TAFL for Analyzing and simulating problems.
- Familiar with Mapple 2016 tools for Computing, analyzing and simulating problems related to DSGT( It is used for numeric and symbolic computation, visualization, matrix computation, special functions, Control Systems Design, programming code generations and Optimization) .
- Certified by KIET Ghaziabad as faculty coordinator in Epoque@Prastuti’18, held on 25-27th Feb. 2018.
- Certificate of appreciation for contribution in event “Literary Fest 2017” at KIET Ghaziabad.
- Certificate of appreciation for contribution in organizing photography event at department level held at KIET Ghaziabad on 28-30 March 2014.
- Certificate of delivered a Talk on Introduction to Grammar, Chomsky Hierarchy, CFG in Faculty Development Program on “Theory of Automata” Sponsored by AKTU, Lucknow, U.P. under TEQIP-III Scheme at CSE, Dronacharya Group of Institutions, G. Noida o 4th July 2018.
Paper Published in Journals/Conferences
- A Kumar, S Kumar,"Energy Balance Packet Forwarding for Lifetime Maximization in Mobile Ad Hoc Networks". International Journal of Applied Engineering ResearchVolume 12, Number 15 pp. 5374-5382, (2017)(Scopus) .
- A Kumar, S Kumar, “ Energy optimization of greedy packet forwarding approach in mobile Ad Hoc with random waypoint mobility ”, International Journal of Innovations & Advancement in Computer Science(IJIACS), Vol.6, Issue 3:54-59, March 2017.
- K Jain, U Singh, P Singh, A Kumar,“Hybrid Protocol for Reducing Interference in VANETS”, International Journal of Computer Applications Volume 166(12):35-38, May 2017.
- D Singh, BK Sharma, A Kumar,“A Survey on challenges in Multipath Routing for Adhoc Networks”, International Journal of Emerging Technology and Advanced Engineering,Volume 4, Special Issue 1, pp.376-381, February 2014.( https://ijetae.com/ICADET14.html)
- A Kumar, S Kumar, O Kaiwartya,“ Optimizing Energy Consumption with Global Load Balance in Mobile Ad Hoc Networks Using NSGA-II and Random Waypoint Mobility”, International Conference on Computing, Communication and Automation, 2017(ICCCA-2017),IEEE-Xplore digital library, 21-12-2017.
- A Kumar, S Kumar, V Kumar,"A novel energy efficient geocast routing algorithm for mobile ad hoc networks," 2016 3rd International Conference on Computing for Sustainable Global Development (INDIACom), New Delhi, 2016, pp. 2926-2929,on 16th& 17th March, 2016.
- P Kamal, RS Raw, N Singh, S Kumar, A Kumar “VANET based health monitoring through wireless body sensor network” 2016 3rd International Conference on Computing for Sustainable Global Development (INDIACom), New Delhi, 2016, pp. 2865 – 2871,on 16th& 17th March, 2016.
- RS Raw, A Kumar, A Kadam, N Singh, “Analysis of Message Propagation for Intelligent Disaster Management through Vehicular Cloud Network”, ICTCS '16 (Proceedings of the Second International Conference on Information and Communication Technology for Competitive Strategies ), Udaipur, India — March 04 - 05, 2016 (Published in ACM Digital Library).
- A Kumar, D Singh, V Sharma,“Achieving Query Optimization Using Sparsity Management in OLAP System” in Issues and Challenges in Intelligent Computing Techniques (ICICT), 2014 International Conference on7-8 Feb. 2014.
- A Kumar, D Singh “A survey on various protocols for dynamic address assignment in Mobile Ad hoc network”, in international conference on “Issues and challenges in Networking, Intelligence and Computing”, September 2- 3, 2011.
Participated in organizing International Conferenceon “Issues and challenges in Networking, Intelligence and Computing (ICICT-2011)”, at Department of Computer Science and Engineering, KIET, Ghaziabad,on September 2- 3, 2011.
Seminars/ Workshops/Trainings Attended
Two Week Programmes
- Participated two weeks equivalent FDP Course on “Foundation Program in ICT for Education” Conducted by IIT Bombay, at KIET Group of Institute, from March 8, 2018 to April 12, 2018.
- Participated two weeksWORKSHOP on “Research Methodology through ICT” Conducted by Education and Educational Management Department, at KIET Group of Institute, from 28 Dec. 2015 to 8 Jan. 2016.
- Participated two weeks ISTE STTP WORKSHOP on “Introduction to Design of Algorithms through ICT (MHRD)” Conducted by IIT Kharagpur, from 27th April to 30th May, 2015.
- Participated in two week ISTE WORKSHOP on “ Computer Programming” Conducted by Indian Institute of technology Bombay”, from May 20th, 2014 to 15th June, 2014.
- Participated in two weeks ISTE WORKSHOP on “Database Management Systems”conducted by Conducted by IIT Bombay from 21st to 31st May, 2013.
- Participated in Two week ISTE WORKSHOP on “Introduction to Research Methodologies ” conducted by Conducted by IIT Bombay from 25th June to 04th July, 2012.
- Participated in two week workshop on “Faculty Development Program” organized by TBI, KIET, Ghaziabad at ALTTC, Ghaziabad. From 9th -20th April, 2009.
One Week Programmes
- Participated One Week Short Term Course on “Cloud Computing through ICT” Conducted by Computer Science & Engineering Department, KIET Group of Institutions, Ghaziabad, from 23rd to 27thOct. 2017.
- Participated One Week Short Term Course on “Open Source Technologies through ICT” Conducted by Computer Science & Engineering Department, KIET Group of Institutions, Ghaziabad, from 29th Aug. to 2nd Sept. 2016.
- Participated One Week WORKSHOP on “Networks and Cyber Security” Conducted by Education and Educational Management Department, at SC & SS, JNU, New Delhi, from 27 June to 1st July 2016.
- Participated in One WeekWORKSHOP on “Faculty Enable program on foundation Program 4.0” Conducted by Infosys Limited, at Chandigarh development Centre, from 15-19th Dec. 2014.
- Participated in 5 day WORKSHOP on “ Network security and Firewalls Through ICT” Conducted by computer science Deptt., NITTTR, Chandigarh, from 18-22 Nov. 2013
Less than One Week Programmes
- Participated Two days workshop on “Introduction to Machine Learning” Conducted by IIT Kharagpur. Funded by National Mission on Education through ICT, MHRD, Govt., of India on 16th Dec.2017 and 17th Dec. 2017.
- Attended a "National Workshop on Emerging Challenges of Cyber Crime in India" at SC&&SS, JNU, New Delhi on 9th and 10th Oct-2017.
- Participated Two days FDP on “Nature Inspired Computing and Machine Learning using MATLAB” Conducted by CSE Department, KIET Ghaziabad in association with CSI Student Branch Ghaziabad 7-8 June 2016.
- Participated one day WORKSHOP on “Python” Conducted SC&SS, at JNU, New Delhi, March 5, 2016.
- Participated a workshop on “Wireless Sensor Networks” organized by M/s Eigen Technologies Pvt. Ltd, at Department of Information Technology, KIET, Ghazaiabd, on June 9th, 2015.
- Participated in a Certificate for completion PHP and MySQL Training offered by Spoken Tutorial Project, IIT Bombay, funded by National Mission on Education through ICT, MHRD, Govt., of India on 31 Dec. 2014.
- Participate in two days National Seminar on “Computing and Intelligence Systems” organized by Department of Computer Applications, KIET Group of Institutions, Ghaziabad. From 28-29 March, 2014.
- Participated in two day’s WORKSHOP on “LaTeX and MATLAB StarUp” organized by KIET School of Engineering & Technology, from 11-12 July 2013.
- Participated in four day IBM SEED Program “ Software Engineering for Educational Development” organized by KIET Ghaziabad in collaboration with IBM Software Group- India South Asia From 17 - 20 Mar-2013.
- Participated in two day ISTE WORKSHOP on “Aakash for Education” conducted by IIT Bombay on 10th& 11th Nov., 2012.
- Participated in two day ISTE WORKSHOP on “Introduction to Research Methodologies” conducted by Conducted by IIT, Bombay from 25th June to 04 July , 2012
- Participated in one day workshop on “Qualnet’s Integration Modules for wireless sensor networks”, Organized by Department of Electronic and communication Engineering KIET Ghaziabad. on 18th May, 2011.
- Participated in two days’ FDP workshop on “Current trends in wireless communication: NS-2 Simulation” organized by Department of IT with association TBI, KIET, Ghaziabad from 16-17 May 2011.
- Participated in one day Workshop on “Workshop on Software Testing” at CSI Ghaziabad Chapter, KIET, and Ghaziabad on 29 April, 2011.
- Participated in one day Seminar on “Intellectual Property Right and Copy Right” at KIET Ghaziabad on 30 Oct, 2010.
- Participated in one day Workshop on “Computer Fundamental” at AKGEC, Ghaziabad on 28 April, 2010.
- Participated in QIP Workshop on “Effective use of SCORM package and players in Brihaspati-2 ” organized by Department of Electrical Engineering, IIT Kanpur During June 19-20,2010.
- Participated in one day “IBM Developer works University Days” held in Delhi on 6th Aug 2002.
M. Tech. Research work Guidance
- ShivaniPandey, M.Tech student completed thesis on “An Efficient TDMA Based Routing for VANET to reduce delay”, in May 2001.
- NeerjaKhatri, M.Tech student completed thesis on “Analying Performance of AODV Routing Protocol in Mobile Ad Hoc Networks”, in August 2013.
- AkratiAgarwal, M.Tech student completed thesis on “Performance Comparison of Web Mining Techniques”, in August 2013.
Optimization of Energy Consumption in Mobile ad hoc networks.
This Work suggests how to manage energy consumption in optimum way of position-based routings in MANET. In the existing position-based routing, the participation of all neighboring nodes in routing decision results leading in unnecessary overhead, and consume extra energy. Most of the research papers related to position-based routing in the literature analysis of expected link distances and their relationship with hop count in a route. Therefore, this work is to design the new routing algorithms for optimizing the energy consumption in MANETs. The energy of nodes should be consumed fairly equal to longevity operation of the networks. The routes should be established in such a way that network wide energy balance among the nodes should be achieved for network lifetime maximization.
Enforcing Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol
This work suggests a network management scheme in addition to Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol. The aim of the work was to provide a mechanism to DHCP, to control the pool of network addresses available to it. This design goal of DHCP was primarily that it should be a mechanism for dynamic allocation of network addresses. The management aspects were kept aside. This does not restrict a network element to have a static address for communication, which may limit the vision of DHCP. An external mechanism provides this facility to DHCP, to manage its address pool itself, thereby restrictedly rogue host. The work also suggests an algorithm to implement the scheme.