About the School
Department of Computer Science & Engineering is one of the most premier departments of School of Engineering & Technology at Galgotias University. It has the largest number of quality students studying this vibrant field of Engineering & Technology.
The Department is backed with competent faculty members having good expertise in various fields of computer Science & Engineering. The faculty members of this department are very active researchers with varied experience in different areas of Computer Science & Engineering. The well designed curricula and the Flexible Credit System enable the students to acquire the relevant knowledge and skills with lot of flexibility in choosing the Programs of interest. The department offers undergraduate, postgraduate and research programs in various disciplines of Computer Science & Engineering.
The department provides state of art infrastructure and computing facility to students and young researchers. Faculty members are actively involved in different domains of research such as Computer Networks, Software Engineering, Digital Image Processing, Wireless Sensor Networks, Computer Graphics, Database Management Systems, Software Testing and Multimedia.
The Department follows a well proven pedagogy of sharing knowledge with the young and vibrant minds of the nation. It holds an edge over others by rapidly adopting itself to the changing needs of the industry and technical developments across the world. The Department imparts world class training and research besides promoting active industry-institute collaboration by identifying areas of interest and taking part in sponsored research projects and consultancy services.
To be known widely as a premier department of Computer Science and Engineering for value-based education, multidisciplinary research and innovation.
The mission of the Computer Science and Engineering Department is
- Create a strong foundation on fundamentals of SCSE through OB-TLP.
- Establish state-of-the-art facilities for Analysis, Design and Implementation to develop sustainable ethical solutions.
- Conduct multidisciplinary research for developing innovative solutions.
- Involve the students in group activity including that of professional bodies to develop leadership and communication skills.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- PEO-1: Graduates of Computer Science and Engineering will be globally competent and provide sustainable solutions for interdisciplinary problems as team players
- PEO-2: Graduates of Computer Science and Engineering will engage in professional activities with ethical practices in the field of Computer Science & Engineering to enhance their own stature to contribute society
- PEO-3: Graduates of Computer Science and Engineering will acquire specialize knowledge in trending technologies for research, innovation and product development
Program Specific Outcomes (PSO)
- PSO1: To train them in trending technologies.
- PSO2: To introduce upcoming domains like artificial intelligence, Robotics, Augmented reality, Data analytics, Ubiquitous Computing to develop insights for problem solving.
- PO1: Ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering
- PO2: Ability to analyze, design and implement solutions for relevant issues.
- PO3: Ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability
- PO4: Ability to function on multidisciplinary teams
- PO5: Ability to identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems
- PO6: Understanding of professional and ethical responsibility
- PO7: Ability to communicate effectively
- PO8: Broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context
- PO9: Ability to engage in life-long learning.
- PO10: Knowledge of contemporary issues
- PO11: Ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice.
- PO12: Ability to provide efficient and sustainable solutions.