Mechanical Engineering Faculty Back
Mr. Shrikant Vidya
- Ph.D (Pursuing)- Delhi Technological University (DTU, New Delhi).
- M.Tech. in Manufacturing Engineering (IIT (ISM), Dhanbad, India)
- B.Tech. in Mechanical Engineering (Ranchi University, India)
Non-Conventional Machining, Micro-machining, Micro-EDM.
Teaching Experience: 04 years 8 months
Manufacturing Processes, Machining Science & Tech., Modern Manufacturing Processes, Product Design & Production Tooling, Production & Operations Mgt., Engg. Mechanics, Engg. Thermodynamics, Tool Design, Rapid Prototyping
- Shrikant Vidya, Vijay, Swapan Barman, Aneissha Chebolu, Nagahanumaiah, Alok Kumar Das, “Effects of Different Cavity Geometries on Machining Performance in Micro-ED-Milling”, ASME-Journal of Micro and Nano-Manufacturing,Vol.-3,Iss.-1, 011007 (Mar 01, 2015), Paper No: JMNM-14-1041; doi: 10.1115/1.4029275
- Shrikant Vidya, Nagahanumaiah, Reeta Wattal, “Straightness Accuracy Estimation of Different Cavity Geometries Produced by Micro-Electrical Discharge Milling”, IEEE- International Conference on New Trends in Engineering & Technology, GRT Institute of Engineering and Technology, Chennai, Tami Nadu, India, September 2018 (Accepted for IEEE Xplore Digital Library)
- Shrikant Vidya, Reeta Wattal, “Estimation of Tolerances for Circular, Square and Triangular Geometries Produced by Micro-Electrical Discharge Milling”, International Conference on Advanced Production and Industrial Engineering (ICAPIE 2018), New Delhi, India, October 2018.
- Anand Singh, Ankit Kumar, Sachin Kumar, Akshay Kumar, Shrikant Vidya, “A Review on Research Aspects and Trends in Electrical Discharge Machining (EDM)”, International Conference on Recent Innovation in Engineering, Science and Management, IEI, Mumbai, April 8, 2018.
- Shrikant Vidya, P. Mathiyalagan, Reeta Wattal, “A Review on Research Aspects and Trends in Micro-Electrical Discharge Machining (Micro-EDM)”, International Conference on Innovative Research in Engineering, Science, Management and Humanities, IEI, Hyderabad, March 18, 2018.
- Rudra Nandan Pramanik, Shrikant Vidya, “Air Conditioning System Using Solar Desiccant (Silica Gel) as a De-Humidifier”, National Conference of Non-Conventional Energy for Sustainable Growth, Department of Mechanical Engineering, RVSCET, Jamshedpur, July 29-30, 2016.
- Shrikant Vidya, “Micro-Electro-Discharge Machining (Micro-EDM):- A Prominent Tool For Micro-Manufacturing”, All India Seminar on „Advancements and Trends in Engineering & Technology Management, IEI, Durgapur, 29-30 August 2015.
- Shrikant Vidya, K.S. Srikanth, “Tolerance Estimation of Different Cavity Geometries Produced by CO2 Laser”, Journal of The Institution of Engineers (India): Series C (Under Review).
Awards & Honors
- Best Teacher Award (Manufacturing Engg.) by Institute of Technical & Scientific Research (ITSR), Jaipur (31 March 2019) during ITSR Foundation Award 2019.
- Innovative Researcher (Mechanical Engg.) & Dedicated Teaching Professional Award by Innovative Scientific Research Professional Malaysia (ISRPM) (21 October 2018, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia).
- Associate Member, Institution of Engineers (IEI,India).
- Senior Member, Indian Society of Mechanical Engineers (ISME).
- Life Member, Indian Society of Technical Education (ISTE).
- Member, American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME).
- Fellow, Indian Society of Business Management (ISBM).
- Fellow and the Professional Title, The Society of Innovative Educationalist & Scientific Research Professional (SIESRP), Chennai