Mechanical Engineering Faculty Back
Ph.D. in Materials Engineering (NIT, Tiruchirapalli); M. Tech. in Materials science and Engineeing (NIT, Tiruchirapalli), B. Tech Mechanical Engineering (NIT, Kurukshetra)
Advanced Materials Processing, Spark Plasma Sintering , Microwave Sintering, Manufacturing Process.
Teaching Experience: 9 years, Industry Experience: 2 years
Materials Science and Engineering, Manufacturing Processes, Product design for Manufacturing, Design for Manufacturing, Thermodynamics, Internal Combustion Engines.
- R. Viswanathan, N. Rameshbabu, S. Kennedy, D. Sreekanth, K.Venkateswarlu, M.Sandhya Rani and V. Muthupandi, Plasma Electrolytic Oxidation and Characterization ofSpark Plasma Sintered Magnesium/Hydroxyapatite Composites, Materials Science ForumVol. 765 (2013) pp 827-831, Trans Tech Publications, Switzerland.
- S. Kennedy, S. Kumaran, T. Srinivasa Rao , Effect of milling on Sintering behaviour of _-TiAl by spark plasma sintering, accepted for publication in Materials and ManufacturingProcesses Volume 28, Issue 8, (2013), Taylor & Francis publications.
- S. Kennedy, S. Kumaran, T. Srinivasa Rao, Densification of _-TiAl Powders by SparkPlasma Sintering, Materials Science Forum Vol. 710, (2012), pp 303-307, Trans TechPublications, Switzerland.
- S. Kennedy, S. Kumaran, T. Srinivasa Rao, Microstructure and mechanical properties ofmicrowave sintered austenitic stainless steel, Transactions of The Indian Institute ofMetals Vol. 64, Issue 1, February 2011.
Awards & Honors
- Ministry of Human Resources Development fellowship during 2009-2013.
- MHRD fellowship for Post graduation 2007-2009.
- Qualified GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering- 2007) with all India rank of 55.