Mechanical Engineering Faculty Back
Dr. Pawan Kumar Singh Nain
Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering (IIT Kanpur); M. E. in Production Engineering (IIT Roorkee) and B.Sc. Engineering in Mechanical Engineering (AMU Aligarh)
Optimization, Evolutionary Algorithms, Design etc.
Total Experience = 19 years 4 months (Teaching Experience: 14 years 9 months, Research Experience: 4 years 7 months)
Engineering Graphics, Machine Drawing, Fluid Mechanics, Advanced Fluid Mechanics, Thermodynamics and Heat Transfer, Applied Mechanics, Strength of Materials, Mechanical Engineering, Machine Design, CAD, Operation Research, FEM, Principal of Computer Graphics, Design & Analysis of Experiments, Optimization Methods etc.
- Optimization of natural gas pipeline design and its total cost using GA”. Singh, R. R. and Nain, P. K. S. In International Journal of Scientific and Research Publications, India, Vol. 2, Issue 8, August 2012 pp. 1- 10, 2012.
- Analysis of Thermoelectric Generators with Internal Irreversibility”. Sharma, S. and Nain, P. K. S. In NIET Journal of Engineering and Technology, India, Vol. 1, Autumn 2010, pp. 33- 36, 2010
- Analysis of Thermoelectric Generators with Internal & External Irreversibilities”. Sharma, S. and Nain, P. K. S. In NIET Journal of Engineering and Technology, India, Vol. 1, Autumn 2010, pp. 29-32, 2010
- Non-dimensional Multi-objective Performance Optimization of Single Stage Thermoelectric Cooler”. Nain, P. K. S., Sharma, S. and Giri, J. M. In Proceedings of Eighth International Conference on Simulated Evolution and Learning (SEAL’ 2010), Kanpur, India, pp. 404-413, 2010
- Multi-objective Performance Optimization of Single Stage Thermo-Electric Coolers Using Dimensional Structural Parameters”. Nain, P. K. S., Giri, J. M., Sharma, S. and Deb, K. In Proceedings of International Conferenceon Swarm, Evolutionary and Memetic Computing (SEMCCO’ 2010), Chennai, India, pp. 607-614, 2010
- A Multi-Objective Optimization Procedure with Successive Approximate Models”. In Proceedings of International Conference on Systemics, Cybernetics and Informatics (ICSCI 2008), Hyderabad, India, volume 1, pp. 222-225, 2008.
- An evolutionary multi-objective adaptive meta-modeling procedure using artificial neural networks”, Deb, K. and Nain, P. K. S. in special issue on Evolutionary Computation in Dynamic and Uncertain Environments, ISBN:978-3-540-49772-1, Springer, 2007, pp. 297-322, 2007
Awards & Honors
- Maulana Tufail Ahemad Gold Medal for standing first in B.Sc. Engineering (Mechanical) at A.M.U., Aligarh, India.
- GATE-91 cleared with 96.75 percentile (Basic Science & Engineering- 87.11; Mechanical Engineering-99.08).
- British Telecom (U.K.) Fellowship for Ph.D. at I.I.T. Kanpur, India.
- Member of BOS (Mechanical Engineering) at UPTU from 2007 to 2008.
- Senate Member at Roorkee University Students Association at I.I.T. Roorkee, India during 1990- 1991.
- Represented Amity, a Knowledge Partner in SME CEO series as expert in Auto and Manufacturing clusters at Chennai and Coimbatore, India, 2010.
- Official Reviewer in IEEE Transaction on Evolutionary Computations.
- Official Reviewer in Elsevier International Journal of Applied Soft Computing.
- Official Reviewer in Taylor & Francis International Journal of Green Energy.
- Official Reviewer in Elsevier Journal of Manufacturing Processes.
- Life Member of Indian Society for Technical Education, India (membership no.LM-50082).
- Member, American Society of Mechanical Engineers (membership no. 100339458).
- Member of Executive Council in SCMR’s Association of Researchers, India.
- Received Best Paper of the Session Award at ICSCI, 2005.
- Served as MODROB Project Coordinator for modernization of CAD Lab. Obtained Rs.15 lakhs grant from A.I.C.T.E. at N.I.E.T., Greater NOIDA, India (F. No: 8023/RID/BOR/MOD-59/2007-08 dated September 18, 2007). Fund was utilized for setting up Distributed Computing 36 Node Cluster for research purpose.
- Technical Consultant to Department of Excise, Govt. of India, Kanpur (for rolling mills) during July’97- July’98.