Mechanical Engineering Faculty Back
Dr. B. P. Agrawal
Ph.D (Welding Technology, Narrow Gap Pulse Current GMA Welding of Thick Section Steel by Single Seam per Layer Deposition , in subject area Mechanical Engineering, IIT Roorkee, Roorkee, Uttrakhand, India), M.E. (Production Engineering, Faculty of Technology & Engineering, M. S. University, Vadodara, Gujarat, India),
B. E. (Mechanical Engineering, B.I.T. Sindri, Dhanbad, Jharkhand, India)
Welding Technology, Machining, Unconventional Machining, Production Technology.
Teaching Experience: 20 years, Research Experiece:9 Years and Industry Experience: 1 years
Fundamentals of Manufacturing Process, Manufacturing Process-I, Manufacturing Process-II and Metrology, Operation Research, Advanced Materials and Processing, Computer Integrated Manufacturing.
- Rajeev Kumar, Somnath Chattopadhyaya, B.P. Agrawal, Sanjeev Kumar K., Devkumaran and S. Arvindan, “Effects of Types of GTAW including Superior GTAW-PC with Superimposed HF Current on Mechanical and Metallurgical Properties of Super Duplex Stainless Steel Weld Joints”, Materials Research Express, IOP Science, 2019, In Press.
- Manish, B. P. Agrawal, S. N. Satapathy and P. K. Chaudhary, “Comparative Study and Analysis of Performance and Emissions Characteristics of Bio Diesel in Diesel Engine”, International Research Journal of Engineering and Technology (IRJET), 5(10), 2018, pp. 687-694.
- Rajeev Kumar, Somnath Chattopadhyaya, Raof Ahmad Khan, Sanjeev Kumar and B.P. Agrawal, “Influence of magnetic field on bead geometry of Gas Tungsten Arc welded stainless steel plate”, International Journal of Applied Engineering Research, 13(6), 2018, pp. 159-164.
- Ramkishor Anant, Jag Parvesh Dahiya, B. P. Agrawal, P.K. Ghosh, Ravindra Kumar, Arun Kumar, Sudhir Kumar and Kaushal Kumar, “SMA, GTA and P-GMA dissimilar weld joints of 304LN stainless steel to HSLA steel; Part -1: Thermal and microstructure characteristics”, Materials Research Express, IOP Science, 5(9), 2018.
- Ramkishor Anant, Jag Parvesh Dahiya, B. P. Agrawal, P.K. Ghosh, Ravindra Kumar, Arun Kumar, Sudhir Kumar and Kaushal Kumar, “SMA, GTA and P-GMA dissimilar weld joints of 304LN stainless steel to HSLA steel; Part-2: Hot corrosion kinetics”, Materials Research Express, IOP Science, 5(9), 2018.
- Arham Khan, B. P. Agrawal, Arsad Noor Siddique and S. N. Satapathy, “An Investigation on Cladding of Stainless Steel on Mild Steel using Pulse Current GMAW”, International Journal of Engineering Trends and Applications (IJETA), 5(2), 2018, 1-6.
- Niharika, B. P. Agrawal, Iqbal A. Khan and S. N. Satapathy, “Study of Effects of Cutting Parameters on Cutting Forces Generated during Turning of Titanium Alloy and their Optimization”, International Journal of Emerging Technologies in Engineering Research (IJETER), 6(3), 2018, 51-59.
- Shrirang G. Kulkarni, B. P. Agrawal, P. K. Ghosh and Subrata Ray, “Critical Aspects of Pulse Current GMA Welding of Stainless Steel Influencing Metallurgical Characteristics”, International Journal of Microstructure and Materials Properties, Inderscience, 12(5/6), 2017, 363-390.
- Agrawal B. P. and Ghosh P. K., “Assembling of Thick Section HSLA Steel with One Seam per Layer Multi pass PC-GMA Welding Producing Superior Quality” Journal of Brazilian Society of Mechanical Engineers, Springer link, 39(12), 2017, 5205-5218.
- B. P. Agrawal, Ankit Kumar Chauhan, Ravindra Kumar, Ramkishor Anant, Sudhir Kumar, “GTA Pulsed Current Welding of Thin Sheets of SS304 Producing Superior Quality of Joint at High Welding Speed”, Journal of Brazilian Society of Mechanical Engineers, Springer link, 39(11), 2017, 4667-4675.
- Iqbal Ahmad Khan and B. P. Agrawal, “Postural Analysis of Air Filling Operators Working at Petrol Filling Stations”, Industrial Engineering Journal, 10(5), 2017, 6-12.
- B. P. Agrawal and P. K. Ghosh, “Characteristics of Extra Narrow Gap Pulse Current Gas Metal Arc Weld of HSLA Steel Produced by Single Seam per Layer Deposition Technique”, Journal of Materials Engineering and Performance, 26(3), 2017, 1365-1381.
- Niharika, B. P. Agrawal, Iqbal Ahmed Khan and Zahid A. Khan, “Effects of Cutting Parameters on Quality of Surface Produced by Machining of Titanium Alloy and their Optimization”, Archive of Mechanical Engineering, De Gruyter, 63(4), 2016, pp. 531-548.
- B. P. Agrawal, P. K. Choudhary and Dippin Singh Rajora, “Comparative study of ventilated disc brake with different profiles for heat dissipation”, International Journal of Trends in Research and Development, 3(5), 2016, pp. 122-125.
- Ravindra Kumar, Ramkishor Anant, P. K. Ghosh, Ankit Kumar and B. P. Agrawal, “Influence of PC-GTAW Parameters on Micro structural and Mechanical Properties of Thin AISI 1008 Steel Joints”, Journal of Materials Engineering and Performance, Springer link, 25(9), 2016, pp. 3756-3765.
- B. P. Agrawal and Rajeev Kumar, “Challenges in Application of Pulse Current Gas Metal Arc Welding Process for Preparation of Weld Joint with Superior Quality”, International Journal of Engineering Research and Technology, 5(1), 2016, pp. 319-327.
- B. P. Agrawal and P. K. Ghosh, “Influence of Thermal Characteristics on Microstructure of Pulse Current GMA Weld Bead of HSLA Steel” International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, 77 (9-120), 2015, pp. 1681-1701.
- Narayana A., Agrawal B. P. and Anand K. B., “Advanced Techniques of Pulsed Current GMA Welding of Austenitic Stainless Steel” International Journal for Research in Science and Advanced Technologies”, 2 (1), 2013, pp. 7-12.
- Yash Pratap Agrawal, Iqbal Ahmed Khan, B. P. Agrawal and Tipu Sultan, “Improvement of Productivity through Waste Reduction in Manufacturing using Lean Product Development”, Jordan Journal of Mechanical and Industrial Engineering, Under review, 2015.
Awards & Honors
- Secured 92.89 Percentile in GATE Examination conducted by IIT in 1996.
- Received prestigious MHRD Scholarship during M. Tech and Ph. D. period.
- Gained hands on experience in latest Technique of Pulse Current Gas Metal Arc welding using single seam per layer deposition technique.
- Reviewer for International Journal of Materials and Manufacturing Process, Taylor & Francis series publications, Journal of Engineering Manufacture, Journal of Brazilian Society of Mechanical Engineer, Springer.
- Holds the credential of having 28 papers published in international, national journals, conferences, seminars.
- Holds the credential of having patent on single seam multi layer narrow gap pulse current gas metal arc welding technique.