Under Graduate Programs
B.Ed (2 year) Full time
School of Education, Galgotias University is offering an Under Graduate Program of Bachelor of Education, generally known as B.Ed. This is a full time, regular and face to face two academic years (Four Semesters) duration program. It is a pre-service teacher education program that prepares professional teachers for secondary and senior secondary classes.
- Duration-Two Years (Four Semesters)
50% (minimum) either in bachelor or master degree in science/social science/humanities/commerce/B.Tech.
5% relaxation in marks for SC/ST candidates
Career Prospects - Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.)
This program opens many doors for the future of the students. Being a professional Teacher Education Program, students are prepared to teach skilfully and joyfully. After completing this program, any student can start his/her career as TGT/PGT Teacher in Government or Private Schools to teach the students of upper primary or middle level (classes VI-VIII), secondary (classes IX-X) and senior secondary level (classes XI-XII) as per his/her qualifications. After wards one could become the administrator of the school also. After doing this program one can do higher studies enrolling in Master of Education (M.Ed.) or in Master of Arts in Education (MA Education) program and then clear UGC-NET examination in Education subject and also could pursue Ph.D. in Education. After completing Masters in Education and meeting norms, one could become Teacher Educator in the M.Ed., B.Ed. and D.Ed. (BTC/JBT) program of any Government or Private Institution and University. This program also opens the door for research activities. After doing B.Ed, options are also open in various NGOs and publishing houses as content writer.
To be known globally as the best School of Education in nurturing teachers with innovative pedagogies, skills and research.
- Nurture core values of the educators and researchers through enabling environment and state-of-the-art educational facilities.
- Collaborate with the schools, multilateral institutions and local bodies to align the curriculum and gaining facilities for practice teaching, internship, field experiences and research.
- Contributing to society, educators and researchers passionate for modern teaching technology, tools and outreach activities.
- Evolution of innovative pedagogies and assessment strategies.
Programme Education Objectives
- PEO-1: B.Ed. graduates will have successful career as a school teacher.
- PEO-2: B.Ed. graduates will be leaders in their organizations, and will continue to learn and adapt in a world of emergent technology.
- PEO-3: B.Ed. graduates will enhance their own stature by engaging themselves in professional activities and contribute to their profession and society at large.
- PEO-4: B.Ed. graduates will succeed in post graduate studies and research in the field of Education and other related fields.
Program Outcomes (PO)
The B.Ed. curriculum has been designed to facilitate student-teachers to achieve the following outcomes prior to graduation:
- Education Knowledge: The student-teacher acquires the central concepts, tools of inquiry, and structure of the discipline and can create learning experiences that make these aspects of subject matter meaningful.
- Learning Approaches & Strategies: The student-teacher develops an understanding of how children grow, develop and learn; how they differ in their approaches to learning and creates learning opportunities that are adapted to diverse learners and learning contexts.
- Pedagogical Knowledge: The student-teacher develops the skills for using innovative pedagogies and learning experiences that are based on learner’s existing knowledge, proficiency, interests, experiences including misconceptions and errors.
- Assessment Strategies: The student-teacher uses innovative formal and informal and direct and in-direct assessment strategies to evaluate the learning and ensure the continuous scholastic, intellectual, social and physical development of the learner.
- Self Identity as a Teacher: The student-teacher develops self identity as a ‘teacher’ through school based experiences and reflective practices that continually evaluate the effects of his/her choices and actions.
- Contemporary Issues of Education: The student-teacher develops an understanding of the nature, purpose and philosophy of secondary and senior secondary education in India in the context of contemporary related issues and problems.
- Communication Strategies: The student-teacher uses modern teaching technology tools, information communication techniques (ICTs), to foster verbal and non-verbal communication, active inquiry, collaboration, and supportive interaction in the classroom.
- National and International Education Systems: The student-teacher develops the capabilities for inculcating national values, goals as mentioned in the constitution of India, social cohesion and understanding of national and international education systems.
- The Teacher and Society: The student-teacher develops an understanding of the close relationship between the society and the school, factors and forces (within the school and outside) affecting educational system and classroom situation and acts as an agent of modernization and social change.
- Teaching Ethics: The student-teacher develops an understanding of a teacher’s professional responsibilities, competencies, commitments and performances in the Indian context.
- Teacher Sensitization: The student-teacher gets sensitize about emerging educational and social issues, such as environment, population, gender equality, educational & legal literacy, protection of human rights, and rights of the child, health, sports and yoga education, outreach activities etc.
- Life Long Learning: The student-teacher develops an understanding of the importance of the life-long learning and need of the professional development for a teacher in the broadest context of rapidly changing educational technology and school environment.
Post Graduate Programs
M.Ed (2 years) Full time
School of Education, Galgotias University is offering a post graduate program of Master of Education (M.Ed.). This is a full time, regular and face to face two academic years (four semesters) duration program. The M.Ed. program is a two years professional program in the field of Teacher Education which aims at preparing teacher educators and other education professionals including curriculum developers, educational policy analysts, planners, administrators, supervisors, school Principals and researchers. This programme attempts to equip scholars with the knowledge, attitudes, behaviours and skills they require to perform their tasks effectively in the classroom, higher education, research and wider community.
50% (minimum) marks or an equivalent grade in B.Ed./B.A. B.Ed./ B.Sc. B.Ed./B.Com. B.Ed./ B.El.Ed./ D.El.Ed. with an undergraduate degree (with 50% marks in each)
After completing M.Ed. program a student may pursue the Master of Philosophy in Education (M.Phil. in Education) and/or clear UGC-NET examination in 'Education' discipline and can also pursue Ph.D. in Education. After completing M.Ed. and meeting other norms, one can pursue a teaching career in M.Ed., B.Ed., B.El.Ed., B.A. B.Ed., B.Sc. B.Ed., D.El.Ed. (BTC/JBT) programs of any government and private institutions and university. This program also opens the door for research activities. After completing this program, options are also open in various NGOs, publishing houses, coaching centres, education consultancies, research and development agencies etc. New and emerging fields of educational management and administration also require the services of M.Ed. post graduates candidates.
M.A (Education) (2 years) Full time
School of Education, Galgotias University is offering a Full Time and Regular Face to Face Two Academic Years (Four Semesters) duration Post Graduate Program of Master of Arts in Education, generally known as M.A. (Education). The Master of Arts in Education programme attempts to equip scholars with the knowledge, attitudes, behaviours and skills they require to perform their tasks effectively in the classroom, higher education, research and wider community. This program is aimed at developing professionals for effective participation in educational activity in different areas. It also offers wider and more comprehensive understanding of education as a field of knowledge and serves varied needs of a learner and higher level of specialization in specific aspects of education.
- Duration- Two Year (Four Semesters)
Graduate with 50% marks in any stream.
After completing M.A. (Education) program one may proceed to higher studies in Master of Philosophy in Education (M.Phil. in Education) and/or clear UGC-NET examination in Education discipline and could also pursue Ph.D. in Education. After completing M.A. in Education and meeting other norms, one could become Teacher Educator in M.Ed., B.Ed. and D.Ed. (BTC/JBT) programs of any Government and Private Institutions. This program also opens the door for research activities. After completing this program, options are also open in various NGOs, Publishing Houses, Coaching Centres, Education Consultancies, Research and Development Agencies etc. New and emerging fields of educational management and administration also require the services of M.A. (Education) post graduates.