About the School
School of Agriculture, Galgotias University has started Four-Year B.Sc. (Hons.) Agriculture Degree Program. The school has smart class rooms, well-equipped modern laboratories, library, and seven-acre crop cafeteria. It provides its student not only the opportunity to learn latest technologies but also much-wanted exposure by organizing visits to reputed agricultural institutions and the industry.
The B.Sc. (Hons.) Agriculture degree program involves the study of different disciplines of agriculture, viz., agronomy, horticulture, soil science, plant biochemistry and biotechnology, forestry, agriculture heritage, genetics, crop physiology, agriculture economics, plant pathology and entomology, plant breeding, agri-informatics, farm machinery and power, livestock, animal husbandry, and poultry management, crop production technology, seed technology, farming system and sustainable agriculture, agro-meteorology and climate change, crop improvement, remote sensing and Geographic Information System, intellectual property rights, rain fed agriculture and watershed management, organic farming, farm management, food science and nutrition.
School of Agriculture has well-established modern laboratories as per ICAR norms and has many modern scientific equipment such as Digital conductivity meter, Ph meter - Digital, Water Bath Rectangular, Electronic Top Pan Balance, Hot air oven, Rotary Shaker with MS Platform, Digital Centrifuge Machine, Weighing Balance, Electronic Balance Wooden Case, Bacteriological Incubator, Ocular Meter, Stage Micrometer, Weighing Machine, Binocular Research Microscope, Hand Refractometer, Distillation assembly, Tube Augur, Flame Photometer, Light Trap, laminar air flow, Microwave oven, Hydrometer, Soil and Water Analysis Kit, Densitometer, Hypsometer, Haga Altimeter, Autoclave, Simple Microscope, Compound Microscope with Photo Display Arrangement, Stereo-Microscope, Flame Photometer. Apart from the equipments, the School has well- established Agronomy Laboratory with agricultural implements for practical work in crop cafeteria.
The B.Sc. (Hons.) Agriculture syllabus is based on 5th Deans' Committee of ICAR 2016-17 recommendations and is designed to provide an overall knowledge of agriculture and all its related disciplines. The program is duly-approved by the State Government of Uttar Pradesh.
Strength of the School of Agriculture
- Highly experienced faculties who are specialized in different subjects of agriculture.
- Well established modern laboratories of Agronomy, Soil Sciences, Horticulture, Entomology and Plant Pathology.
- Sophisticated instruments like autoclave, binocular microscope, digital pH meter, hot air oven, incubator, compound microscope with photo display arrangement, stereomicroscope, flame photometer, laminar air flow, soil and water analysis kit.
- Five-acre crop cafeteria for land based practicals.
- Regular exposure through visits to National and International Institutes of agriculture.
- Well-furnished and ventilated smart class rooms.
- Regular internal assessment of students including seminars, assignments and midterm tests, tutorials by experienced mentors.