- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Electronics & Communication Engineering
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Electrical Engineering
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Computer Applications
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Computer Science Engineering
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Mechanical Engineering
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Management
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Bio-Chemistry
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in English
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Psychology
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Political Science
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Economics
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Forensic Science
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Chemistry
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Physics
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Mathematics
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Law
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Pharmacy
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Physiotherapy
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Mass Communication
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Education
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Healthcare & Clinical Research
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Medical Biotechnology
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Microbiology
(a) Candidates for admission to the PhD program shall have a Master's degree or a professional degree declared equivalent to the Master’s degree by the corresponding statutory regulatory body, with at least 55% marks in aggregate or CGPA 6.0 or an equivalent degree from a foreign educational Institution accredited by an Assessment and Accreditation Agency which is approved, recognized or authorized by an authority, established or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statutory authority in that country for the purpose of assessing, accrediting or assuring quality and standards of educational institutions.
(b) An Equivalence Committee will be constituted by Vice Chancellor to consider applications other than covered under Clause 4 recommended by SRC or otherwise who may propose other qualifications/requirements in specific areas, consistent with the norms of the statutory bodies, to the RAC for its recommendation to the Academic Council for approval.
(c) It is desirable that the applic ants, who possess minimum prescribed qualifications for admission to PhD. program, should have an excellent academic/professional track record in the relevant discipline.
(d) The applicant for Part (i)time PhD. should:
- Prove to the satisfaction of SRC that devote sufficient time for (ii) research.
- Ensure that facilities for pursuing research are available at his place of work in the chosen field of research, wherever required.
a. Applications for admission to Ph.D. program shall be invited through an open advertisement, for pre-determined intake for each program in the prescribed form as laid down by the University, twice in a year in December and May.
b. The notification will appear on the University website and through advertisement. The notification includes admission process details and all other relevant information for the benefit of the candidates.
c. The Office of the Dean PG & Research at the University shall execute and oversee the entire admission process. Deans of respective Schools will convey number of seats available to the office of Dean PG& Research which will be forwarded to Registrar office and displayed at University website along with call for admission for PhD Program
d. Admission to Ph. D. will be two stage process:
- (i) Ph. D. Entrance Test (PET)
- (ii) A Personal Interview (PI) written test shall be conducted by CoE office and Interview to be conducted under supervision of Dean PG & Research by respective School Deans along with SRC. Interview marks will be sent to CoE office. The results will be declared by CoE office. The list of selected candidates will be sent to office of Dean (PG & Research)/Registrar.
e. The Entrance Test shall be qualifying with qualifying marks as 50%. [The Entrance test will have 50% questions from research methodology and 50% questions from respective discipline.] The Entrance Test shall be conducted at the Centre(s), notified in advance (changes of Centre, if any, also shall be notified in advance).
f. ) Admission shall be subjected to the criteria of minimum qualifications as mentioned in Clause 4 and performance in the Entrance Test and presentation, as mentioned under clause 6 (c), hereinabove.
g. Entrance Test may be exempted for the following cases:
- (i) Candidates with M.Phil. Qualification provided they were admitted to the M.Phil. Program through an Entrance Test.
- (ii) Candidates who have qualified UGC-NET, GATE, UGC-CSIR NET
- (iii) Candidates who were admitted previously to a Ph.D. Program at a recognized university through an Entrance Test and wish to transfer to the Ph.D. program at GU.
- (iv) Candidates from the industry having 10 years of experience or above. )
h. In the case of international students, the Entrance Exam may be arranged online and subsequent presentation/interview be held through video conferencing. In addition, the students will normally be required to submit three letters of recommendation.
- (i) The University reserves the right to limit the number of scholars to be admitted to the University at any time. The resoRACes and other facilities/fiscal constraints would guide this decision.
j. Non-Resident Indian (NRI), Persons of Indian Origin (PIO) and Foreign Nationals may be admitted to the program in accordance with the policy guidelines laid down by the Government of India.
k. SRC shall for each applicant, recommend a Doctoral Committee (DC).
l. A list of candidates qualifying the PET or exempted as per the rule shall be uploaded on the Institute website.
m. An interview/viva-voce will be organized for the finally selected candidates where they are required to discuss their research interest/area through a presentation before a duly constituted University Research Committee.
n. The University Research Committee (DRC) of each faculty shall have following members.
- (i) BOS Chairman-Chairperson
- (ii) VC Nominee–Member
- (iii) One internal Expert-Member
- (iv) One external Experts-Member
- (v) Research Supervisor (Ex-officio)
- (vi) Joint Supervisor (if any)– Member
o. The interview/viva voce shall also consider the following aspects, viz. whether:
- i. The candidate possesses the competence for the proposed research;
- ii. The research work can be suitably undertaken at the Institution/College;
- iii. The proposed area of research can contribute to new/additional knowledge
p. A candidate shall be recommended by the SRC of the faculty for pre-registration on the basis of the following:
a. Individual Performance: Aggregate Marks (100):
-i. Proposed research idea and interview performance – 80 marks
- ii. Academic achievements (Graduate and Post Graduate Level) – 20 marks
b. Availability of an Approved Research Supervisor
q. The final result of Ph.D Admission Process will be declared on the website of the Institute. Candidates shall be provisionally admitted to the Ph.D Programme on the basis of merit of the Personal Interview.
r. The shortlisted candidate for pre-registration would be required to identify and consult research supervisor from the list of supervisors available on University website with vacancies in respective areas. The candidates are advised to contact supervisor and should submit a letter of consent signed by research supervisor to the institute
s. After the submission of consent letter from supervisor and verification of all eligibility documents along with the payment of prescribed fees, the provisional admission will be officially conveyed to the candidate by the University
t. If necessary, based on a written request from the Research Supervisor, a Joint Supervisor may be appointed by the Dean (PG & Research) with approval from the members of the School Research Committee. The Joint Supervisor may be from within the same faculty or different faculty of the University or from outside University provided he/she is recognized supervisor as per the norms of the University.
u. The Research Supervisor shall furnish, a panel of six experts well versed in the field of proposed research, from the faculty of the University (not below associate professor) and other organizations from which two (or more) will be approved by the RAC for the constitution of the Departmental Research Committee. The Joint Supervisor, if any, shall also be a member of the School Research Committee.
v. For approved candidates the date of pre-registration shall be the date on which the Research advisory committee has recommended the admission. Such dates shall be half-yearly viz., 15th January and 15th July, as the case may be, as per the University calendar.
W. After the confirmation of provisional admission all communication about the work/progress/issues related to the Research scholar must happen through the Research supervisor and SRC only.
- 10th Mark Sheet
- 12th Mark Sheet
- Medical Fitness Certificate
- 4 Passport size photo
- Diploma Mark Sheet (If Applicable)
- Graduation Mark Sheet
- Graduation Degree
- Post-Graduation Mark Sheet
- Post-Graduation Degree
- Aadhaar Card (Mandatory)