Dr. Sona Gandhi is presently serving as an Assistant Professor in the School of Basic Sciences at Galgotias University. Her association with the university commenced in May 2022, and since then, she has exemplified a deep passion for her academic endeavors. Her exceptional academic achievements are a testament to her dedication, reflecting commendably in her pedagogical methods. Dr. Gandhi's research work has garnered significant recognition, with her scholarly contributions finding publication in esteemed international journals. Additionally, she has showcased her research findings in various International Conferences. Her profound commitment to education, coupled with her notable research accomplishments, distinguishes Dr. Sona Gandhi as a prominent academic and an invaluable asset to Galgotias University's academic community.
- 3 years of teaching experience
- Ph.D. from Department of Chemistry, University of Delhi, Feb 2021.
- M.Sc. Chemistry from St. Stephen’s College, University of Delhi, 2015.
- B.Sc. (H) Chemistry from St. Stephen’s College, University of Delhi, 2013.
Award & Recognition
- Gained Joint CSIR-UGC Junior Research Fellowship and Eligibility for Lectureship in June 2015 (AIR 19).
- Accomplished the remarkable feat of qualifying the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) not once but twice.
- Recipient of the "Science Meritorious Award" conferred by the University of Delhi, in recognition of outstanding academic accomplishments.
- Awarded with a scholarship and a gold medal by the Department of Biotechnology (DBT).
- Qualified IIT-JAM, All India Rank-232 (Chemistry), 71 (Biotechnology).
- Honored with the esteemed INSPIRE Scholarship from the Department of Science and Technology (DST).
- Selected for the esteemed Japan-East Asia Network of Exchange for Students and Youths 2.0 (JENESYS 2.0) program, which entailed a profound visit to Japan.
- Conferred with the distinguished "Sammaan Patra" by the Science and Technology Department of Uttar Pradesh.
- Conferred with the esteemed "Certificate of Merit" by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) for exceptional academic performance in both Class X and XII.
- Recipient of the esteemed "Academic Achievement Award" in recognition of achieving a perfect score of 100% in Mathematics during both Class X and XII.
- Sona Gandhi and Indrajit Roy*, Doxorubicin-loaded casein nanoparticles for drug delivery: Preparation, characterization and in vitro evaluation, International Journal of Biological Macromolecules, 2019, 121, 6-12.
- Sona Gandhi and Indrajit Roy*, Methylene Blue loaded, silica-coated cobalt ferrite nanoparticles with potential for combination therapy, Materials Research Express, 2019, 6,
- Sona Gandhi and Indrajit Roy*, Synthesis and characterization of manganese ferrite nanoparticles, and its interactions with bovine serum albumin: a spectroscopic and molecular docking approach, Journal of Molecular Liquids, 2019, 296,
- Sona Gandhi, Sheetal Issar, Ajit K. Mahapatro, and Indrajit Roy*, Cobalt ferrite nanoparticles for bimodal hyperthermia and their mechanistic interactions with Lysozyme, Journal of Molecular Liquids, 2020, 310, 113194.
- Sona Gandhi*, and Indrajit Roy*, Drug delivery applications of casein nanostructures: A minireview, Journal of Drug Delivery Science & Technology, 2021, 102843.
- Sona Gandhi#, Ashi Mittal#, and Indrajit Roy*, Mechanistic interaction studies of synthesized ZIF-8 nanoparticles with Bovine Serum Albumin using spectroscopic and molecular docking approaches, Scientific Reports, 2022, 12, 10331.
- Sona Gandhi#, Nayanika Chakraborty#, Rajni Verma, Indrajit Roy, Emerging prospects of nanozymes for antibacterial and anticancer applications, Biomedicines, 2022, 10(6), 1378.
- Ashi Mittal, Indrajit Roy, Sona Gandhi*, Magnetic Nanoparticles: An overview for biomedical applications, Magnetochemistry, 2022, 8(9), 107
Area of Interest
- Nanotechnology: Synthesis & Characterization of Nanoparticles
- Biomedical Applications of Nanoparticles
- Nanoparticle-Protein Interactions
- In vitro Assays
Book Chapters Published
- Sona Gandhi and Indrajit Roy*, Biomedical in vivo studies with ormosil nanoparticles containing active agents, Nanoparticles in biology and medicine: Methods and Protocols 2nd Edition, Springer Protocols, 2019, 121- 138, ISBN: 9781071603185.
- Ashi Mittal, Indrajit Roy, and Sona Gandhi*, Drug delivery applications of metal-organic frameworks (MOFs), Book title: Drug Carriers, L. J. Villareal-Gomez (ed.), Drug Carriers, Intechopen London.